Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Just an opinion on MCU Venom. I haven't watched the Venom movies, as I am not a fan of the character at all and I'm not interested in seeing the character without Spider-Man. But the trailers always made me want a movie based on The Darkness games/comics. Which brings me to my opinion….

MCU Venom needs to be voiced by Mike Patton. He's incredible with voice acting and his voice for The Darkness was insane and I'd love to see him voice something like Venom. I think it'd be great.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Just an opinion on MCU Venom. I haven't watched the Venom movies, as I am not a fan of the character at all and I'm not interested in seeing the character without Spider-Man. But the trailers always made me want a movie based on The Darkness games/comics. Which brings me to my opinion….

MCU Venom needs to be voiced by Mike Patton. He's incredible with voice acting and his voice for The Darkness was insane and I'd love to see him voice something like Venom. I think it'd be great.
i think Daran Norris and Keith Szarabajka also do amazing venom voices

Norris doesn't need any filters to do the voice either

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Candyman voicing Venom is gonna be pretty dope too. Only versions I've ever liked were that old Activision Spider-Man game on PS1/N64/DC/PC and Spectacular Spider-Man's which was easily the best most balanced version brought to a general audience.

I have a feeling Insomniac will pull it off.

I saw the first Venom and... Yeah, couldn't vibe with it. I'll get around to V2 when I'm in the mood for it.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

In both Venom movies, the respective symbiotes were voiced by Tom Hardy and Woody Harrelson. So I'd expect the MCU symbiote to be voiced by Tom Holland.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017

Can he actually sound like Venom? Cause like The Darkness voice he does sounds like skinny crackhead venom.

In both Venom movies, the respective symbiotes were voiced by Tom Hardy and Woody Harrelson. So I'd expect the MCU symbiote to be voiced by Tom Holland.

I would hope that he doesn't get a voice til hes on Eddie Brock.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted but it looks pretty legit.

2q75fln1ch581.jpg

Still the GOAT live-action Spider-Man suit.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Marvel straight up saying fuck you to the Hardy Venom fans after the tease of Hardy Venom going after Holland Spidey is a fucking joke.

With all the alien shit in the MCU already, just have the fucking symbiote show up from a fucking meteor or some other dumb shit and don't involve the Hardy Venom at all. All that set up and tease for literally nothing. Lazy writing.

So, so dumb.

My guess is that the connection to Hardy's Venom is intentional. Maybe it's leaving the window open for Holland to multiverse into Venom 3?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

2q75fln1ch581.jpg

Love it. Hopefully Holland Spidey gifts the two with moving eyes 😄.

I can't go back to stiff Spidey masks anymore lol.

Everything about the suit is incredible though.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
"Throw a fit". Like fucking console wars maturity. You write like a MCU little fanboy.
Marvel straight up saying fuck you to the Hardy Venom fans after the tease of Hardy Venom going after Holland Spidey is a fucking joke.

With all the alien shit in the MCU already, just have the fucking symbiote show up from a fucking meteor or some other dumb shit and don't involve the Hardy Venom at all. All that set up and tease for literally nothing. Lazy writing.

So, so dumb.
You are quite literally throwing a fit

Why don't we just wait and see how things play out? I think this is going to end up better for everyone in the long run

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil

2q75fln1ch581.jpg

I hope they kept the small details on the suit like the way some parts would wrinkle and flap that made it feel so right in ASM2.

Though, now that I'm looking at it this isn't actually the ASM2 suit, it's a hybrid between both the first and second movie versions. It has the same texture as the first one, and the same style of web pattern, but with the big white eyes of the second.

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
You aren't doing what you think you are doing.

This is every bit as bad as the MCU fans that invade every thread to spread the gospel of Kevin Feige.

Uh, what? I think you need to go re-read what stemmed that once more time. There are comments discussing the post credits scene of Venom being sent back; it's reasonable to express your opinion about it. You aren't doing what you think you're doing. Calling the way they handled this stupid in this thread is reasonable. I'm not going into some random thread and derailing a thread.

"Venom stans throw a fit?" is a pretty stupid thing to say and should be called out for it's console wars level rhetoric; it reeks of fanboyism. It's pretty simple. I don't really think you're understanding the point. In no way is being disappointed and frustrated with the way they handled this entire Venom / Symbiote thing the same as running into a thread to spread the gospel of Kevin Feige. In no way is being called a "venom stan throwing a fit" because you're disappointed in how they handled this because you wanted them to go through with the tease, the same as invading every thread to spread the gospel of Kevin Feige.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
popping in just to ask one thing:

do Peter and MJ get to stay happily together at the end or does the movie embrace Raimi's bullshit of "heroes must be alone and miserable" ?

thank you

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

do Peter and MJ get to stay happily together at the end or does the movie embrace Raimi's bullshit of "heroes must be alone and miserable" ?

thank you

That's most definitely not a Raimi staple of the movie Spidey's. That's a long running trait of the character going back decades in the comics. It'd technically be most accurate if he DID end up sad and alone.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Uh, what? I think you need to go re-read what stemmed that once more time. There are comments discussing the post credits scene of Venom being sent back; it's reasonable to express your opinion about it. You aren't doing what you think you're doing. Calling the way they handled this stupid in this thread is reasonable. I'm not going into some random thread and derailing a thread.

"Venom stans throw a fit?" is a pretty stupid thing to say and should be called out for it's console wars level rhetoric; it reeks of fanboyism. It's pretty simple. I don't really think you're understanding the point. In no way is being disappointed and frustrated with the way they handled this entire Venom / Symbiote thing the same as running into a thread to spread the gospel of Kevin Feige. In no way is being called a "venom stan throwing a fit" because you're disappointed in how they handled this because you wanted them to go through with the tease, the same as invading every thread to spread the gospel of Kevin Feige.

I had been doing the same thing, but your posts are aggressive and filled to the brim with salt. Hence why you aren't helping.

I think it is still open for a return, given the heavy leaning into the multiverse now. I have been trying to say this in a reasonable yet assertive way.

You are posting like the stereotype instead, so fucking chill out.

That's most definitely not a Raimi staple of the movie Spidey's. That's a long running trait of the character going back decades in the comics. It'd technically be most accurate if he DID end up sad and alone.
spider-man-crying.gif

From the very start, Spider-Man has been about the burden of responsibility vs personal ego. Poor Peter is always forced to choose between money / fame / romance, and doing what has to be done with the opportunity one is given.

Holland Peter ending up the way he does in this film makes him feel much more like Spider-Man than anything so far in the MCU.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think it makes perfect sense to have Andrew be the Spidey in the Venom movies. Then it keeps the MCU seperate and fresh for a new Venom. This way Andrew keeps getting to be Spidey and the Hardy fans have a Spider-Man fight.
Why must Andrew get the bottom of the barrel trash again?

No. I want Andrew to be under MCU or at least Feigi having some quality control over his project. He DESERVES an actual AMAZING Spiderman movie.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck. I just thought of something.

Andrew talks to Spidey about Gwen and how much he loved her and lost her. Tom is now alone. One day he's starting his first college class and they're reading role. The cute girl next to him raises his hand when the prof says "Stacy, Gwen Stacy?"

What does he do? Walk away because of how dangerous his life is or go meet this universe's version of another version of his's greatest love?

what would YOU do?!

Gwen the civilian love interest will never be a thing in a Spidey adaptation ever again.

latest

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
spider-man-crying.gif

From the very start, Spider-Man has been about the burden of responsibility vs personal ego. Poor Peter is always forced to choose between money / fame / romance, and doing what has to be done with the opportunity one is given.

Holland Peter ending up the way he does in this film makes him feel much more like Spider-Man than anything so far in the MCU.
Yup, exactly. Even the latest run of Spidey comics come up with a twist to screw over poor Pete again.
And yeah, its definitely one of the most comic accurate things in the latest film to have him ending up the way he does.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I feel like Tom Holland's Peter is bound to be with Michelle Jones no matter what. Plus they are a real life couple, how cute is that!
I think black cat is gonna be the love interest here. MJ was in the first trilogy, Gwen was in the amazing films, and felicia would make it 3 for 3

plus felicia being a hero (or villain) in her own right would make her relevant outside of being a love interest.

and the MCU wants to do different stuff than the older movies (hence only bringing villains done before when they are literally the same villains) and black cat is not only an important spider-man character but she's never been done on film.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Why must Andrew get the bottom of the barrel trash again?

No. I want Andrew to be under MCU or at least Feigi having some quality control over his project. He DESERVES an actual AMAZING Spiderman movie.
I agree he deserves it. But there is not going to be two concurrent live action Spidey franchises at once. This way Andrew keeps the role but he's in that…admittedly awful franchise.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

thank you
I don't think this was the point of the Raimi movies. It was more, "you can't be Spider-Man and have everything." That includes a good door.

Speaking of which. Peter is smart enough to fix a bad door. What crybaby.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I agree he deserves it. But there is not going to be two concurrent live action Spidey franchises at once. This way Andrew keeps the role but he's in that…admittedly awful franchise.
Oh, I know. HOWEVER, a few years ago many said this moment would NEVER happen. We are living in unprecedented times. After fans are thirsty for more Spider-men, why must Disney and Sony separate them again? After NWH, everything goes IMO. Andrew and Holland can meet in the future again. That's why I said Feige would have some creative control over Garfield. Ensure those projects lead somewhere in a few years.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I'd dye her hair red though. She did it before and she looked like the perfect Mary Jane.

I don't think that would have been necessary. I know we're talking about visual mediums, and Mary Jane has long been identified by her hair, but the spirit that went into designing her wasn't to create a red haired love interest. She was designed to be very attractive, and so she was originally modeled after Ann-Margret from the film Bye Bye Birdie. If you were designing that character from the ground up in the current era, you wouldn't base her appearance on a now nearly 60 year old movie.

Wish she had more of comic MJ's personality, though. The very confident in her appearance aspect of it. It could have been a very powerful statement. But I think it's kind of muddled by some of their handling of the character.

(Also doesn't help that Brand New Day had a potential love interest named "Michele" Gonzales and she was absolutely terrible, lol.)

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that would have been necessary. I know we're talking about visual mediums, and Mary Jane has long been identified by her hair, but the spirit that went into designing her wasn't to create a red haired love interest. She was designed to be very attractive, and so she was originally modeled after Ann-Margret from the film Bye Bye Birdie. If you were designing that character from the ground up in the current era, you wouldn't base her appearance on a now nearly 60 year old movie.

Wish she had more of comic MJ's personality, though. The very confident in her appearance aspect of it. It could have been a very powerful statement. But I think it's kind of muddled by some of their handling of the character.

(Also doesn't help that Brand New Day had a potential love interest named "Michele" Gonzales and she was absolutely terrible, lol.)

Zendaya-0f719bd6ef5f4260a34920658332b80a.jpg

That's Mary Jane right there. She's got attitude. She's a smart cookie. She's the whole package.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I dont care for Venom but why are people so sure theres going to be a MCU Venom? I doubt they crossed Hardy over for just this one time, in a few years im sure he will come to blows with Holland Spidey.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's going to be a Holland-Man vs. Hardy-Venom movie at some point. Sony wants it. Not quite sure where Garfield-Man fits in the grand scheme of things.

And I will continue to say Maguire-Man is the perfect set-up for Mayday. The tone and aesthetics of his universe are perfect for her.

OT Links
OP
OP
VorpalNonsense
Oct 25, 2017
Main OT is here:
www.resetera.com

Spider-Man: No Way Home |OuT| am I?

── MCU 27 ── UK: December 15 / US: December 17 For the first time in the cinematic history of Spider-Man, our friendly neighborhood hero's identity is revealed, bringing his Super Hero responsibilities into conflict with his normal life and putting those he cares about most at risk. When he...
Current spoiler policy there is to tag spoilers at least for the first few days as the movie releases around the world, and in the meantime they're still sending people here to the leak thread for open spoilers.

Review/First Impressions thread is here:

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I dont care for Venom but why are people so sure theres going to be a MCU Venom? I doubt they crossed Hardy over for just this one time, in a few years im sure he will come to blows with Holland Spidey.
I think at this point it's guaranteed that Holland vs Venom is happening. And IMO it'll feel more natural now that they're seemingly setting up the black suit storyline for the next SM movie.

It's a lot less clear whether Sonyverse Venom will still be involved. I agree that he COULD still come back thru the multiverse... but I could just as easily see Peter passing the symbiote along to a new MCU version of Eddie (or an entirely different character, who knows).

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Has anything else with Matt popped up since the premiere as with the two Spideys?