• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Needs a Ray Tracing at 60fps mode with either 1440p or even 1080p but both Ray Tracing and 60fps modes are nice for this game.

Glad I didn't get it on PS4, will only experience it on PS5.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I did my own ghetto comparison watching both intros side-by-side on YouTube and yeah, the lighting is completely different, and there are so many more little details now. Crazy.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
The lighting in Fisk Tower is insane.

PS4 :
2020-11-10_18_54_19-The_First_20_Minutes_of_Marvels_Spider-Man_PS4_Gameplay_in_4K_-_YouTube.png

PS5 :
2020-11-10_18_54_32-MARVELS_SPIDER-MAN_REMASTERED_PS5_4K_Gameplay_-_Opening_25_Minutes_-_YouTube.png
Wow, this is insane! Feel kinda bad for people who were shitting on Insomniac for the 20$ price, this is a lot of work really

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
WOW. This looks insanely good. Glad they're doing the $20 upgrade from SM:MM too so i can get this down the line. Dont want to oversaturate myself with spider man but this is great.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Did they increase the swing speed for Miles Morales? The webslinging here looks significantly slower now

Love the greater speed and momentum with MM.

output5d36d461af944d43.gif

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Watching Greg's (Kindafunnygames) play just now and new Peter is honestly fine. I'm already used to how he looks now. His hair looks awesome lol :P

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Time for some crow? Where is the crowd wanting this for free? No demanding it...
Had this footage been available day one, only the basest, most perverse of unreasonable people would have argued against the value proposition. Perhaps we should remember that the burden of proof lies with the publisher/developer, not on us as consumers. Insomniac have made an irresistible case to me now though. I'm completely in for the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Remember the response of this thread?

If they had made just a free upgrade it would look nowhere close to what we are getting.
Just take the recently released god awful NFS: Hot Pursuit Remastered for 40€, which looks worse in some parts than the 10 year old version, in comparision. Price doesnt matter as long the developers put some effort into it.

GameSeeker

Oct 27, 2017
The visuals look fantastic! Do we know if the Remastered version takes full advantage of the Dual Sense controller?

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Had this footage been available day one, only the basest, most perverse of unreasonable people would have argued against the value proposition. Perhaps we should remember that the burden of proof lies with the publisher/developer, not on us as consumers. Insomniac have made an irresistible case to me now though. I'm completely in for the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition.

obviously the challenge with launch titles is you are working on the tech and getting things to look this good up until the very end, so it's a tough spot for everyone.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I had my doubts because I didn't want to lose my ng+ save but since that was fixed, this is an easy choice.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Another example of the absolute insane lighting job.
While PS4 still looks amazing, the PS5 is almost CGI-like.

PS4 :
2020-11-10_19_13_16-The_First_20_Minutes_of_Marvels_Spider-Man_PS4_Gameplay_in_4K_-_YouTube.png

PS5 :
2020-11-10_19_13_25-MARVELS_SPIDER-MAN_REMASTERED_PS5_4K_Gameplay_-_Opening_25_Minutes_-_YouTube.png

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
Man. I never got around to playing this. I don't plan on getting a PS5 until 2021 at earliest, but looks like I shouldn't bother playing the PS4 version in the meantime....

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Hmmm, the difference is obvious to me. Better character models, better lighting, better LoD, less pop in better reflections / framerate. But yeah, original was easily in top 5 best looking open world games gen.

I don't get why they have to disable the better characters models, lighting, lod pop ins on 60 mode

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Well, outside of PC, it took a Zen 2 for 60fps Insomniac again on console.

👍❤️🙏

Very much looking forward to Ratchet.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Another example of the absolute insane lighting job.
While PS4 still looks amazing, the PS5 is almost CGI-like.

PS4 :
2020-11-10_19_13_16-The_First_20_Minutes_of_Marvels_Spider-Man_PS4_Gameplay_in_4K_-_YouTube.png

PS5 :
2020-11-10_19_13_25-MARVELS_SPIDER-MAN_REMASTERED_PS5_4K_Gameplay_-_Opening_25_Minutes_-_YouTube.png

You see this is a case where the developers have lost sight of the intended tone of that scene. The contrast with the lighting between the near and far side of the room is representative of the internal strife Spider-Man feels in his life because of his relationship with MJ. This new lighting by comparison feels too optimistic, evocative of the shallow Marvel Cinematic Universe films rather than the gritty Insomniac Spider-Man. It's just not for me - I feel sorry for those that will experience this rather than the classic version of the game because, while still superficially Spider-Man, it's not my Spider-Man.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
bruh that upgrade
You see this is a case where the developers have lost sight of the intended tone of that scene. The contrast with the lighting between the near and far side of the room is representative of the internal strife Spider-Man feels in his life because of his relationship with MJ. This new lighting by comparison feels too optimistic, evocative of the shallow Marvel Cinematic Universe films rather than the gritty Insomniac Spider-Man. It's just not for me - I feel sorry for those that will experience this rather than the classic version of the game because, while still superficially Spider-Man, it's not my Spider-Man.
Lmao

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Are there any side by side comparisons out there of the PS4 version vs the Performance Mode of the PS5 version?

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
obviously the challenge with launch titles is you are working on the tech and getting things to look this good up until the very end, so it's a tough spot for everyone.
I agree, you guys have clearly had a lot on your plates from the jump, pandemic notwithstanding. And of course, we'd see what the remastered version looked like eventually. From the time of the announcement, this was a "wait and see" exercise. Either the value is there and you pay for it, or it's not and you don't. Seemed like a simple thing to me, no need for pitchforks or to demand you guys give something for free that had effort applied to it.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this is a rewrite of a post about Demon's Souls, am I right?

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
But maybe the consumer can also show patience and not accuse people of scamming them (not saying you did, but that was the tone of a lot of the complaints). Wait until the product is delivered and then cast your verdict.

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
#notmyspiderman I feel you bro

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Lmao, I wasn't sure at first!

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Super excited about this game remastered, ready to replay it after MM, but as gorgeous as ray tracing is, what I have been wanting/waiting for/anxious to play is at 60FPS. I plan on playing MM at 60, then this at 60, then replaying MM in NG+ at 30 with Ray Tracing.

I mean, along with roughly 8 other new games/launch games. This will all happen sometime in the next 6 months haha. Well, I plan on doing SM:MM as my main game the second it unlocks, so I will get that played soon.