• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choose Your World

• Team Chaos

Votes: 352 44.7%
  • Team Order

Votes: 436 55.3%

• Total voters

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Will there be any way to gain more Super Sea Snails after this splatfest, and if not, how much does that matter? Aren't they super important for getting the right abilities on the gear you want?

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I feel like they may implement some kind of way to get sea snails through Salmon Run or regular multiplayer or something after the final Splatfest. I know they haven't said much about 5.0 (beyond Shifty Station being available in private lobbies) but I feel like the developers know it would be a bummer to leave new players in the lurch regarding snails if they get Splatoon 2 in the future. Even if they just boosted the number of snails you got from levelling up from 1 to 5 or 10, that would be a huge improvement, and fairly easy to implement.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So for someone who hasn't been playing this at all what are some good weapons to pick up? I know I've heard almost everything is viable or depends on your playstyle but any recommendations? They've added in so much since I last played.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
So for someone who hasn't been playing this at all what are some good weapons to pick up? I know I've heard almost everything is viable or depends on your playstyle but any recommendations? They've added in so much since I last played.
That's a tricky question, its all trial and error, there's no BEST weapon. I recommend you pick a weapon type and use in in training mode until one of them clicks. It will happen. Personally I love dualies because I like to roll, it gives me more freedom. Also your sub weapon is as important as your main, so watch out for that too.

Toadsili T

Oct 26, 2017
Crossposting from the regular Splatoon 2 OT; hopefully it finds some use here as well given the thematic overlap.

"With Final Fest coming up, now is probably the best time to push out our shiny new Discord server invite link. We have roles available for both teams so you can find fellow Chaos/Order people to play with during Splatfest."

Should be revealed if you've posted in the thread; otherwise DM me.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Crossposting from the regular Splatoon 2 OT; hopefully it finds some use here as well given the thematic overlap.

"With Final Fest coming up, now is probably the best time to push out our shiny new Discord server invite link. We have roles available for both teams so you can find fellow Chaos/Order people to play with during Splatfest."

React to post to reveal; otherwise DM me.
[Hidden content]
Awesome, I'll be joining shortly

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Since it'll be turf war all weekend you'll probably want to go with weapons that are good at painting. Bloblobber would be a good thing to try out. Make sure you try out something with the ultra stamp if you haven't used it before, perhaps the Sploosh 7 if you don't mind the short range

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

React to post to reveal; otherwise DM me.
[Hidden content]
Wait, how do you react to a post? lol

preta

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a good time for me to get back into the game. I bought it a while back on sale but didn't play too much of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I have to step out of Mario Maker for a moment to pick a side. You know I would have liked to follow Sheldon's lead as loquacious arms dealer for all sides (in keeping with my handle), but between the superior type design, colour scheme, and fashion of Chaos and the character roster and OCD-friendliness of Order... I think I may have to collaborate with the statists here and side with Order.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I have to step out of Mario Maker for a moment to pick a side. You know I would have liked to follow Sheldon's lead as loquacious arms dealer for all sides (in keeping with my handle), but between the superior type design, colour scheme, and fashion of Chaos and the character roster and OCD-friendliness of Order... I think I may have to collaborate with the statists here and side with Order.
You have chosen poorly, dear friend, but rest assured that my adoration for you is eternal. And so, when chaos reigns and I slowly dismantle the fabric of reality with my many tendrils - feeding my six mouths, including the one that sings the song that ends the world - I shall spare you from the ocean of mayo to follow.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

After the countless battles he's presided over, always watching, always judging—is the future reflected in his eyes one of order...or chaos? Whatever the case may be, the final showdown is about to kick off! It's Splatocalypse time!

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Happening

D_uHAA0UwAAM6vj.jpg

toa95

Oct 27, 2017

Should be revealed if you've posted in the thread; otherwise DM me.
[Hidden content]
Time to put some more time into Splatoon 2 until Fire Emblem!

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
Something that I haven't seen mentioned is that Salmon Run is having two Random shifts, one with standard 4 random weapons (1.5 days and is already started) and one Random Rare round (almost 2 days). And yes, both are held during the Splatfest. The interval is also only 2 hours between them, so it doesn't take long for the other shift to be active.

Thank you for reading.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Something that I haven't seen mentioned is that Salmon Run is having two Random shifts, one with standard 4 random weapons (1.5 days and is already started) and one Random Rare round (almost 2 days). And yes, both are held during the Splatfest. The interval is also only 2 hours between them, so it doesn't take long for the other shift to be active.

Thank you for reading.

Grizz reveals his true colors, Team Chaos

I mean shit it's probably Octavio anyway...

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems Nintendo of Europe Is team Chaos, the shirts still aren't available!

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I will not let my princess down. Chaos will rule supreme.
Chaos is for change, order is for stagnation. Like keeping a mobile app for voice chat. It would need a massive chaotic shift to change that decision, I think.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Order is boring, but originally I thought I'd go with Team Order because of the gear, but I ended up liking the Chaos gear after looking at them for some time and chose to be on Team Chaos in the end. I was on Team Callie anyway - it's time to make things right.

Hoping the results are already reflected in the version 5 Inkopolis to some extent.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
So many people in denial on Era.

When it comes down to it we all revel in chaos.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England

My wife likes the roller which has the curling bomb sub and Splashdown special. It is FAST, can take out people in one hit and Splashdown is great to have on defence if you get surprised.

If you find yourself against wise souls who keep managing to keep you at arms length or the levels are a bit fragmented for a roller, I like the Duallies. Not huge range but good ground coverage, the special dash hop really helps throw people off when duelling. Just find one with the special/sub you like.

Stay away from ploddy ranged weapons, which come into their own on Ranked modes instead. Being able to sit middle distance and pick people off is great, but not if you're trying to cover ground fast.