Status
Not open for further replies.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
If we're still going with story that vergeben isn't full of it.....K.Rool and Dixie are back on the table. (previously he said there wouldn't be any DK newcomers)

LJ0Gcg1.png

This sounds so stupid, how can you "inquire" that?

May 5, 2018
Simon is a good get, even if this is a badly kept secret. Still, Smash has had Link, Samus, Pit and Ice Climbers as Legacy NES reps for a while and got Mega Man, Little Mac, and Duck Hunt for 3DS/Wii U. Belmont feels like he should have been in this a long time ago knowing how close Castlevania's roots come from the NES.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
Is Simon the most popular Castlevania protagonist? I thought it was Alucard.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
R E S I D E N T E V I L

One of the few remaining Japanese mega-franchises that is actually popular worldwide, and that has a rich legacy on Nintendo:

Resident Evil Gaiden (GBC)
Resident Evil Deadly Silence (NDS)
Resident Evil Remake (GCN)
Resident Evil Zero (GCN)
Resident Evil 2 (GCN)
Resident Evil 3 (GCN)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (GCN)
Resident Evil 4 (GCN, Wii)
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (Wii)
Resident Evil Revelations (3DS, WiiU, Switch)
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS)
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Switch)

Jill with her STARS beret and shoulder pads is an iconic design. Give her the RE1 grenade launcher with round types to manage (flame, acid, nitrogen) and a stun baton from RE5. Give her BOWs for her specials -- for example, her recovery sweeps her skyward with a murder of crow, her side special has her sidestep a lunging Hunter that strikes her opponent instead, etc. And for her Final Smash, have her leap into a helicopter and fire rockets.

Spencer Estate for her stage, of course!

This post is factually correct.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Wait. If Castlevania is confirmed...is that what Sakurai meant by "red eyes"

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of, because i would rather have Trevor at this point , there hasn't been a real Castlevania game since OoE and i don't believe thats gonna change soon :^(

Trevor would be nice marketing for the series
Don't disagree with you that Trevor would be fun to have, but from a marketing perspective Simon is the more recognizable name of the two. He is always been the go-to character for Castlevania crossovers.

But no way they are not doing other Belmont (and Alucard) colors for him.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
So many better Castlevania protagonists than Simon. It won't happen, but here's hoping for Julius as a swerve. Or maybe as a costume.

Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
All the leaks talking about it! Welp. Tbh I've never played a castlevania game, I hope we have more than just Simon bellmont in terms of characters tomorrow, but a cool character is cool character either wag

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
So that makes two SEGA reps, two Capcom, two Konami. All we need now is another Namco and another Squeenix and we equal as far as third parties go
Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia and Neku from The World Ends With You. You heard it here first, folks!

I actually really do wonder why there hasn't been any Tales representation. Some of the game's staff is the same and most of those games have a battle system with similarities to Smash.

Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
The good news (for me) is my #1 most hyped/hoped character, a lot of the leaks saying Simon was coming also said Isabelle is coming

I'm praying here!

Nick Nehidnyk

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i agree

but the entire series is awful, so *shrug*
the first one is so precious, it really did a good job for the time of being a simulation of small town life

and then, like pokémon before it, it made thirty-thousand superficial changes instead of building upon what made it appealing in meaningful ways

I don't recommend the series anymore, it's trying to hard to be sims-lite and now it does neither genre well

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is Simon the most popular Castlevania protagonist? I thought it was Alucard.

Simon was the protagonist of the first Castlevania. Gives him a leg up on other Castlevania protagonists.

(And before anyone mentions Cloud, I think we can all agree Cloud is a pretty special case.)

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If master Chief was somehow in the game, a Flood AT would be cool.

A Microsoft rep should be Banjo though.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, give me this guy
(Julius Belmont)

Over this guy:
(Simon Belmont)

This guy:

(Also Simon Belmont)

Or most certainly this guy:

(Still Simon Belmont)

Bonus Round:

It'll never happen, but you could have the MOST fun with this guy:

(Nathan Graves)

or this guy

(Soma Cruz)

Oct 27, 2017
I would never have guessed that Konami of all developers would be the one I want three characters from. Oh Bomberman:(

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
With Snake coming back, I hoped for this to happen, but I didn't really believe it.

But I'm damn happy to be wrong.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Incineroar is meh.

Isabell makes me sad. :(

Nintendo is lucky this Smash already has like 8 characters I love and want to play and main, because all these new comers are trash tier for me.

I don't like Splatoon.
Metroid is irrelevant.
Never played Castlevania nor do I care.
Animal Crossing doesn't need a second rep.
Give me a Gen 3 Rep damn it Gen 7 sucks if I had to get a Fire/Fightning give me Blaziken. :(

Just give me Bandanna Dee and Banjo and Kazooie Nintendo and all will be forgiven.

Nick Nehidnyk

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Incineroar is meh.

Isabell makes me sad. :(

Nintendo is lucky this Smash already has like 8 characters I love and want to play and main, because all these new comers are trash tier for me.

I don't like Splatoon.
Metroid is irrelevant.
Never played Castlevania nor do I care.
Animal Crossing doesn't need a second rep.
Give me a Gen 3 Rep damn it Gen 7 sucks if I had to get a Fire/Fightning give me Blaziken. :(

Just give me Bandanna Dee and Banjo and Kazooie Nintendo and all will be forgiven.
lmao

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Now while we're thinking it's Simon, and I could see good reasons for that, there's one option that I would love: What if it was Dracula?

Like, the Dracula in Smash. The screenshot potential would be amazing. Pikachu Libre, Vampire Hunter! It's probably not Dracula, but it'd be hilarious if it was.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a third-party character I thought should get in.

Now go all the way crazy and give him a Castlevania Judgment Alt.

latest

I actually really like Judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.