• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Gorosei Demon design

• Saturn (Gyuki - spider)

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • Jupiter (sandworm)

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • Mars (Itsumade - bird)

Votes: 39 21.7%
  • Mercury (Hoki - boar)

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • Venus (Bakotsu - horse)

Votes: 96 53.3%

• Total voters

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
For some reason was expecting the brain to be a lot bigger and tech-integrated, not just the top of the head in a fish bowl lol

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Screenshot_2024-04-25_at_02-23-39_One_Piece_Chapter_395_TCB_Scans.png

That's Saturn

I'm not disagreeing that Saturn was there after reviewing the chapter following this recent one and really focusing to see where shots of Mars ends and Saturn begins

My main point is the shot composition in the manga wasn't well designed so it was easy to have Mars's and Saturn's silhouettes confused. If Saturn was going to be the primary speaker in the conversation, he should have been the dominant visual in the initial establishing shot of the Elders communicating instead of Mars being the primary with Warcury and JuPeter being the secondary. It's compounded by Saturn showing in later frames he is in the exact same position as Mars was in the composition: right side of panel with the view being squarely at his left profile. The only truly distinguishing viewpoint is the shot at "That's a bold hypothesis" that Robin recognizes has Warcury more in the center with what appears to be NusJuro on the left, but that could just as easily have been interpreted as Mars again from a slight angle. It would've helped if we had more of Saturn's distinct visual tags like his curly hair or hints of his forehead scar.

My second point is it's not just a case of me being dumb and misunderstanding the scene on my own in a vacuum, as the anime version itself made the exact same mistake. Twice! It's especially damning with the most recent take during Shaka speaking to Robin about it as the voices were re-done with the current ones, particularly having Mars do all the talking. I believe it's pretty common for a mangaka to not be particularly involved, if at all, with the anime adaptation, but the Ohara flashback was one of the most important events of the series introducing elements of the overarching conflicts and its villains in the Elders. Oda and the anime staff should have done better to make sure visuals and voices were accurate for it, especially during this recent second take the anime did.

The anime is approaching Cobra's meeting with Imu eventually, so Oda better weigh in on what they're going to do with Imu's voice

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not disagreeing that Saturn was there after reviewing the chapter following this recent one and really focusing to see where shots of Mars ends and Saturn begins

My main point is the shot composition in the manga wasn't well designed so it was easy to have Mars's and Saturn's silhouettes confused. If Saturn was going to be the primary speaker in the conversation, he should have been the dominant visual in the initial establishing shot of the Elders communicating instead of Mars being the primary with Warcury and JuPeter being the secondary. It's compounded by Saturn showing in later frames he is in the exact same position as Mars was in the composition: right side of panel with the view being squarely at his left profile. The only truly distinguishing viewpoint is the shot at "That's a bold hypothesis" that Robin recognizes has Warcury more in the center with what appears to be NusJuro on the left, but that could just as easily have been interpreted as Mars again from a slight angle. It would've helped if we had more of Saturn's distinct visual tags like his curly hair or hints of his forehead scar.

My second point is it's not just a case of me being dumb and misunderstanding the scene on my own in a vacuum, as the anime version itself made the exact same mistake. Twice! It's especially damning with the most recent take during Shaka speaking to Robin about it as the voices were re-done with the current ones, particularly having Mars do all the talking. I believe it's pretty common for a mangaka to not be particularly involved, if at all, with the anime adaptation, but the Ohara flashback was one of the most important events of the series introducing elements of the overarching conflicts and its villains in the Elders. Oda and the anime staff should have done better to make sure visuals and voices were accurate for it, especially during this recent second take the anime did.

The anime is approaching Cobra's meeting with Imu eventually, so Oda better weigh in on what they're going to do with Imu's voice
The panels of the original chapter imply multiple Elders were speaking.

Screenshot_2024-04-25_at_21-18-38_One_Piece_Chapter_395_TCB_Scans.png

Mars is clearly the one talking here. He's leaning into the mic and is closest to the viewer.

Screenshot_2024-04-25_at_21-18-56_One_Piece_Chapter_395_TCB_Scans.png

The composition implies Saturn is the one talking here.

Screenshot_2024-04-25_at_21-19-13_One_Piece_Chapter_395_TCB_Scans.png

V. Nusjuro

"Ohara has learned too much! Give the order to attack!" - Saturn

Saturn talks the most during the scene and he's the one that ordered the attack. Robin was some distance away at the start of the conversation and ran to the Professor after he got shot, hearing Saturn's order.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Shhhhh, Sanji knows that Nami is really caring towards kids, so getting on Bonney's good side really just scores him points with Nami. Let's go with that.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Don't let half translated out-of-context lines colour your perspectives guys.

Anyway... Hm. Was expecting more than "Climate Change is real" preceeded by shots of the world getting ready to react to the news. These countdown chapters are probably better binged. Not saying they're bad, just slow.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway... Hm. Was expecting more than "Climate Change is real"
We have literally seen Imu be responsible for raising the sea level, of course it's more lol. It's now also no longer a coincidence the CD's live on the Red Line, the literal highest point and York wants to go there etc. Etc. 'Climate change' ain' t it. They're literally about to reset the world and erase everything and everyone. For who knows the how manyeth time.

It's the start of the reveal, more is obviously to come. There's a reason the Gorosei wanted to stop this.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The one piece is a shower drain. That's my official prediction based on this chapter.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Years and years ago I made the prediction that the moon was going to be important to the endgame of One Piece. Now that we have rising sea levels, I'm being proven right.

Roboraptor

Jul 6, 2023
Germany 🇩🇪
Saturn being the guy who talked with Clover is so strange given the framing of the shots of the Elders in the manga and the anime back then very clearly implied it was Mars talking, with JuPeter ordering Clover killed. Saturn's "outline" wasn't even there, it was Mars, Warcury, and JuPeter. Worse, the anime just redid the Ohara scenes during Shaka's talk about the Ohara Buster Call and it had Mars's VA do the lines

Man, Saturn put his fingers in everyone's peanut butter then, huh?
He handled God Valley
He experimented on Ginny
He gave Bonney her Fruit powers
He ordered Kuma to be reconstructed
He killed Vegapunk....'s body (probably?)
And now he's the one that ordered Ohara destroyed

In a couple of weeks we'll find out he pushed Gaimon into the chest

Those 5 can be explained by him being the Warrior God of Science and Defense. Altough I agree that getting those back-to-back-to-back is a bit much

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter was good.
Nice to see Sanji once again doing something awesome and Bonney.
Yeah he get hit afterwards but not big deal like some want to make it since happens to everyone .
Nice the see the other SH go into action to save robin right away .
Was expecting lore and we might still get some but yeah the world sinking is shocking and people of the OP can't wait to see how they react .
Next chapter we should get some more info can't wait for that

I doubt that shit was even able to hurt his base form and if it did doubt be any big damage .
Plus they always germa mode depending on how the damage is .

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The panels of the original chapter imply multiple Elders were speaking.

Screenshot_2024-04-25_at_21-18-38_One_Piece_Chapter_395_TCB_Scans.png

Mars is clearly the one talking here. He's leaning into the mic and is closest to the viewer.

Screenshot_2024-04-25_at_21-18-56_One_Piece_Chapter_395_TCB_Scans.png

The composition implies Saturn is the one talking here.

Screenshot_2024-04-25_at_21-19-13_One_Piece_Chapter_395_TCB_Scans.png

V. Nusjuro

"Ohara has learned too much! Give the order to attack!" - Saturn

Saturn talks the most during the scene and he's the one that ordered the attack. Robin was some distance away at the start of the conversation and ran to the Professor after he got shot, hearing Saturn's order.
Like I said, I get that now and I was explaining how the paneling direction lead me to be confused, and that miscommunication or lack of communication between Oda and the anime staff screwed the pooch on that scene because Saturn is not there with them or is talking from under the sofa XD

This is a great post that you should bookmark or screenshot because when this chapter gets animated the other anime-onlys are going to be just as confused

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Vegapunk is totally dropping the name of the ancient kingdom right? That's what Clover was about to say when they shot him.

Thinking more about the flooding. If it kills most of the surface population, the WG will get every single devil fruit to grow on their own trees.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
The Morgan's panel in contrast to everything else going on was funny, but also makes me wonder if the government will use those new snails after this arc.

Much better chapter than last week overall.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Is it Vegapunk or Oda that's playing for time? Those pages and pages of reaction shots...
It's an announcement that affects the world in the most literal sense. You NEED this to drive the point home. Everywhere we've been, everyone we've gotten to know over decades is, quite literally, going to disappear.

How do you do this without showing them? Heads-up: more reactions next chapter and after that. It's needed.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Is it Vegapunk or Oda that's playing for time? Those pages and pages of reaction shots...
Like I said, it'll be fine when binged, but boy oh boy does it make the chapters feel slow.

I'm still not sure why Vegapunk needed video for this. I'm sure he'll demonstrate the flooding with a cute map next chapter... In two weeks time... Then an Oda break...

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I just hope we get a ton of information. I'm ready for answers to some of the mysteries now. No more edging and blue balling Oda

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
I figured it was Punk's brain but it looks nuts with Mars so small next to it. Really looking forward to the full reveal of the world sinking, I need DETAILS. Also good to see, at least by fan translation, Sanji just wants to save a girl and isn't actually lusting on Bonney. Never expected him to be the one to dive in and smack baldie in the face.
With Golden Week coming up, does that mean we have a 1 week break now or after the next chapter?
Robin has great friends
Teared up a little bit, the Straw Hats are the best

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Hoooo boy seeing them protect Robin in the chapter itself instead of just the spoiler write-up got me a bit. Really great chapter, the break this week is going to feel as long as the month off we just had.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Vegapunk's line about not wanting to proclaim who is good or evil is...interesting.
Odds are there's another twist in all this coming up. Could be that Imu was actually one of the good guys and went corrupt over the centuries. From there they take him down and then get faced with the exact evil he stopped way back when.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
According to the Book of Enoch, God triggered the Great Flood to take care of the Nephilim, a race of superhuman giants born from humans interbreeding with fallen angels (the Grigori).

I'm fairly sure this is going to have some connection to what Oda is planning. It wouldn't be the first time someone has drawn a connection between the Nephilim and Atlantis/Lemuria/Mu...

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible that while Imu and the Gorosei are clearly evil and corrupt, they think they're doing the right thing to stop an even bigger threat.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
Vegapunk's line about not wanting to proclaim who is good or evil is...interesting.
Yeah something is up. Between that, Joyboy's apology, and the way Gear 5 acts, now I'm wondering if Joyboy maybe wasn't all that good. It's tough though with people like the giants loving him. Its bringing me back to the anime making Gear 5's laughter and fun scary at some points. I know others have had that thought too but it feels like we're really driving somewhere with it. Could be the animators just having fun too but who knows!
Damn, so many chills and feels. Robin being saved was badass. I like that OP has great episodes without Luffy anywhere to be seen.

This is probably a top 5 OP panel lol

images
The thumbs up is so good lmfao

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Do we think the "And I do not know nearly enough about him in any case" to be referring to Imu?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I wonder what's up with Vegapunk's corpse getting dragged around. His brain is still fine, we have Mars wondering where Vegapunk's consciousness even is... I'm kinda thinking he might be back outside of just being survived by whatever satellites make it

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what's up with Vegapunk's corpse getting dragged around. His brain is still fine, we have Mars wondering where Vegapunk's consciousness even is... I'm kinda thinking he might be back outside of just being survived by whatever satellites make it
Consciousness split between the satellites, they give their lives to bring the main guy back. Heard it here first.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
With the rising sea levels being a thing, I'm thinking Laugh Tale might be on the bottom of the ocean somewhere.

It could be an Ancient Kingdom city that got sunk the first time the WG pulled this stunt, but wasn't completely destroyed

Heck, thinking about it now, the Ancient Kingdom might just be Atlantis

What were those other cities mentioned with the city of gold