• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Gorosei Demon design

• Saturn (Gyuki - spider)

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • Jupiter (sandworm)

Votes: 21 11.6%
  • Mars (Itsumade - bird)

Votes: 39 21.5%
  • Mercury (Hoki - boar)

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • Venus (Bakotsu - horse)

Votes: 97 53.6%

• Total voters

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
Wondering if the uber snail is inside the iron giant.
And if Vegapunk actually knows anything about Joyboy, I think he talked only about Nika

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible that while Imu and the Gorosei are clearly evil and corrupt, they think they're doing the right thing to stop an even bigger threat.

If we go by ray i don't think it be as simple the ancient kingdom were a bigger threat .
He did said when they find out the true history that the SH may think differnt than them.
So i think it maybe something that can you make case for on both sides.

Do we think the "And I do not know nearly enough about him in any case" to be referring to Imu?

I 50\50 on that .

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
Maybe that's how the pre-World Government kingdoms "beat" the Ancient Kingdom. Maybe the Ancient Kingdom, despite their superior power and technology, misused them, including the Ancient Weapons and the Devil Fruits, and ironically got itself destroyed by the rising sea level.

The kingdoms from the islands who survived the flooding formed the World Government and imposed a ban on the ancient kingdom's history to prevent the sea level from rising more. 800 years later, the World Goverment, now more rotten and corrupt, specially due to moving to Mariejois, is deliberately seeking to revive the weapons and cause a new flood in order to do a new cleansing.

Oct 26, 2017
Could be as simple as the Ancient Kingdom + Joyboy had a solution to the/a problem that the rest of the world deemed risky which played into the wrong hands (Aka Imu/Proto-World Government) maybe using that opportunity to seize power and get the other kingdoms to ally with them for a "good" cause against The Ancient Kingdom and Joyboy

Maybe Joyboy's "crime" was going forward with their risky solution because they felt it would work and some of their allies got cold feet (Old Robot)

Edit - Hell it could be that they felt the world needed to bite the bullet because the sea level would rise no matter what so why not prepare for it now? Thus there was a fear they were causing it in the first place whereas in the long term someone like Imu knew it would eventually one day rise so might as well be at the top for when that does someday happen

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Is it bad that I'm not really interested in the robot? I dunno, it's been teased then it disappears again and I just kinda want it to do something already so we can move on to the characters doing things.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Is it bad that I'm not really interested in the robot? I dunno, it's been teased then it disappears again and I just kinda want it to do something already so we can move on to the characters doing things.

In my mind the robo was always going to do something at the very very end of the arc .
So every time some new happen i him in background in my mind that not change even when he wake up lol .

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I thought it was just a comment on Kizaru's complicated line of thought. They were clearly close. But where that line of thought falls apart is how the hell Vegapunk knew Kizaru would be the one to arrive.
I think Vegapunk would think that Kizaru would be the most likely person to kill him because of their relationship. While he knows Kizaru wouldn't want to do it because of their friendship, Kizaru also wouldn't want it to be anyone else that does it because of their friendship.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
In my mind the robo was always going to do something at the very very end of the arc .
So every time some new happen i him in background in my mind that not change even when he wake up lol .
Yeah it's definitely being set up for something right at the end. It's probably going to be the thing that helps them get away somehow, but for the life of me I can't bring myself to care.
Is the red line preventing the world from being flooded?
I'm not sure, but the one thing that's been echoing in my head today is the prophecy of Luffy destroying Fishman Island - and possibly, the Red Line.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I think Vegapunk would think that Kizaru would be the most likely person to kill him because of their relationship. While he knows Kizaru wouldn't want to do it because of their friendship, Kizaru also wouldn't want it to be anyone else that does it because of their friendship.
Yeah that makes sense. I really hope he is referring to Kizaru here. It's pretty complex character writing for the two of them and I'd prefer that over what people were speculating.

Oct 25, 2017
That panel of the SHs protecting Robin made my eyes get watery. 😢 Love the SHs.

Mars' section was rather silly. Shocking that Vegapunk had backup plans? lol

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Yo that sword is huge too, wonder if it's part of Nusjuro's power too or just part of making it look cool. I loved how every Gorosei was sweating bullets thinking about what Vegapunk could possibly be talking about.
If Arlong or Hody were still here they'd love this news.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
It's gonna come down to something like people messing around with advanced/alien technology angers the Sea, and it rises in retaliation/punishment. It will all tie back into why Devil Fruit users can't swim.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Could the conflict between the ancient kingdom and the WG be that the ancient kingdom wanted to destroy the red line to save the world (splitting up Pangea), but the WG wanted to live on it and save themselves? The ancient weapons might have been created to break the red line.

One interesting thing I thought about, if the water has been slowly rising for 800+ years, prophecies (like Roger being 20+ years too early) aren't necessarily magical. They are calculations of when water levels would reach a certain level!

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Considering one of the main conflicts of the series from a humanitarian perspective, that is going to make things very very interesting.

I legit said "WHAT WOW WHAT!? I MEAN THAT MAKES SENSE FUCK"

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I expect Oda to still be withholding big reveals right up until the end of the series. We'll be here a while.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Yeah something is up. Between that, Joyboy's apology, and the way Gear 5 acts, now I'm wondering if Joyboy maybe wasn't all that good. It's tough though with people like the giants loving him. Its bringing me back to the anime making Gear 5's laughter and fun scary at some points. I know others have had that thought too but it feels like we're really driving somewhere with it. Could be the animators just having fun too but who knows!

The thumbs up is so good lmfao
I mean Momo is shocked and Scared when he hears from Zunisha that Luffy is Joyboy.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy seeing how big Vegapunk's brain has gotten. It's honestly unnerving to look at, due to knowing that it's literally part of his head that was cut off from him.

Can't help but start to wonder what the endgame is for Sanji carrying Vegapunk's body for this long. I guess it wouldn't be right to just dump his corpse anywhere given they're about to leave Egghead for good, but I wonder if Oda is hinting that there's a way to bring him back somehow. Or it's just simply Oda waiting for the right moment for everyone to have a chance to mourn his death. Anyways, Sanji getting the first hit on Nusjuro is ironic given the anticipation of Zoro fighting him. Given the sound effects, it seems Nusjuro is strong enough to bypass Sanji's newfound durability, which makes sense given how strong the Gorosei have been portrayed as so far.

Bonney's DF continues to be fucking awesome, and further confirms that essentially she can transform her body anyway she wants physically so long as she believes she can. Becoming a straight up giant is her peak thus far, but I'm still wanting that Gear 5 copycat theory to come true... I also still continue to wonder if her ability could go beyond just altering her body/physical strength, though I guess it's ultimately up to Oda.

I also find it amusing that when Vegapunk was saying to not get hung up on the morality of who killed him, some people thought he was talking about Kizaru, or even the Strawhats (if they were blamed for it). I guess I can get how Vegapunk is just trying to avoid people taking the wrong message from what he's saying or whatever, but either way that would be boring to me. To me it was clear he was referring to Imu and the Gorosei. And if that is the case, then wow, the implications on what that could mean is massive. Imu, the Gorosei, and the World Government absolutely have to be stopped, that hasn't changed. But imagine if the eventual big flashback revealed things are actually wayyyyy more complicated than they appear to be... It's certainly food for thought at any rate.

This chapter also gives us what will undoubtedly be known as one of Nami's best underrated moments. Just loved her taking a quick glance at Robin, and despite Robin not saying anything (but clearly looking terrified) and the chaos of having a big spider monster coming at her, she instantly understands the situation enough to know that they have to protect her at all costs, and they spring into action no questions asked, the Weakling Trio knew the assignment. Also I peeped Brook took off one of Saturn's legs, pretty cool

My initial reaction to the big reveal was admittedly tame at first, but then once I started thinking of all the hints and potential hints like Noah, underwater Wano, the aftereffects of Imu's weapon, etc., it got really exciting. I wonder if that's all Vegapunk has to say and will elaborate in the upcoming chapters, or if he has other big reveals he's about to mention. i also find it very interesting that based on his phrasing, the implication is that the world is going to eventually naturally sink on its own, rather than say, this being some ultimate goal of Imu's or what have you. Now that said, it's also possible that Imu or someone may have done something in the past that put the world of One Piece into the position of being ultimately doomed. And obviously stuff like the recent of Imu's weapon is surely speeding up the process. But yea, makes one think... especially in regards to the idea of what One Piece might be.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
is there such a thing as group fatigue?

I started feeling it in Wano, and I'm definitely starting to feel it here too. There's just so much moving and running around from every member that it's starting to become hard to keep up with. I think Oda himself realized this in the latest chapters since he put up a small schema so we could remind ourselves what was going on and where. We also jump from situations so quickly that it feels like no one's really engaged with their enemies - someone throws a punch or a kick and then people start moving again.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
This was a crazy good chapter for me. Loved the creepy vegapunk head tank. I was wondering if where his head went was ever gonna come up or if he had disposed of it. Common Egghead Sanji W, love to see it. The coordination between the SHs to protect Robin was that good shit.

It's crazy how the reveal at the end almost isn't as crazy as it should be with all we've seen in the story so far. I was just thinking, "yeah, yeah this checks out" when I read it lmao. Maybe that was just me. But don't get me wrong it is very exciting. Can't wait for the next chapter.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
This was a crazy good chapter for me. Loved the creepy vegapunk head tank. I was wondering if where his head went was ever gonna come up or if he had disposed of it. Common Egghead Sanji W, love to see it. The coordination between the SHs to protect Robin was that good shit.

It's crazy how the reveal at the end almost isn't as crazy as it should be with all we've seen in the story so far. I was just thinking, "yeah, yeah this checks out" when I read it lmao. Maybe that was just me. But don't get me wrong it is very exciting. Can't wait for the next chapter.
I was kind of similar. The first time I read it I thought makes sense because of Lulusia. Then I read it again and realized that's a really big deal, and then again and thought about more stuff that ties into it and got hyped. Then the internet told me more lol
"Yeah…. Yeah. Yeah!!" Me in a nutshell

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was kind of similar. The first time I read it I thought makes sense because of Lulusia. Then I read it again and realized that's a really big deal, and then again and thought about more stuff that ties into it and got hyped. Then the internet told me more lol
"Yeah…. Yeah. Yeah!!" Me in a nutshell

Yep, exactly lol

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
I feel like it's a pretty easy guess that the world will react the same way except negatively, and I wonder if Oda is feeling cheeky and got us like that on purpose lol
"No way that's happening… Well there was that earthquake recently. And Vegapunk is pretty smart. OH NO"

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
he does this in every arc longer than 30 chapters .

and its natural when there half the year has been breaks to feel its low, if the 3 week break asnt a thing we would be 3 chapters ahead

also we are not ging to have drawn out fights in this arc, this is more marieford style fights than a legit villians ender fights, its going to be mostly clashes, and hopping from place to place to achieve your objective, because both sidess main goal isnt to fight, straw hats want to escape, gorosei want to end the broadcast

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Bonney's DF continues to be fucking awesome, and further confirms that essentially she can transform her body anyway she wants physically so long as she believes she can. Becoming a straight up giant is her peak thus far, but I'm still wanting that Gear 5 copycat theory to come true... I also still continue to wonder if her ability could go beyond just altering her body/physical strength, though I guess it's ultimately up to Oda.

Imagine if anything she imagines/believes in could come true, that shit would be OP as hell.
I also find it amusing that when Vegapunk was saying to not get hung up on the morality of who killed him, some people thought he was talking about Kizaru, or even the Strawhats (if they were blamed for it). I guess I can get how Vegapunk is just trying to avoid people taking the wrong message from what he's saying or whatever, but either way that would be boring to me. To me it was clear he was referring to Imu and the Gorosei. And if that is the case, then wow, the implications on what that could mean is massive. Imu, the Gorosei, and the World Government absolutely have to be stopped, that hasn't changed. But imagine if the eventual big flashback revealed things are actually wayyyyy more complicated than they appear to be... It's certainly food for thought at any rate.

Incoming "I was holding them back" and then cut to space aliens allergic to water. Imu is gonna get Lordgenome'd

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we are not finding out the truth about the void century until chapter 1999
I think we'll get some stuff in the next chapter or two, but I don't think Vegapunk knows the whole picture either (hence why he seems to imply he's aware of Imu, but doesn't actually know much about them). He got his info on the actual history from Ohara's records, and Ohara's knowledge was incomplete, they were still missing poneglyphs. Probably the last piece is only on Laughtale, so anyone who doesn't go there won't find out the full story, and that's probably where the most important details are recorded too

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
is there such a thing as group fatigue?

I started feeling it in Wano, and I'm definitely starting to feel it here too. There's just so much moving and running around from every member that it's starting to become hard to keep up with. I think Oda himself realized this in the latest chapters since he put up a small schema so we could remind ourselves what was going on and where. We also jump from situations so quickly that it feels like no one's really engaged with their enemies - someone throws a punch or a kick and then people start moving again.
It's much easier to keep track of here since there's only four main groups to follow. Wano was a complete clusterfuck of hundreds of characters and dozens of groups. I think what you're describing is pretty much an "Oda Problem" and I don't see it going away. The final war is going to be like this X1000.

Finally someone is talking about giant Bonney! She's such a Luffy parallel, to the point of her taking inspiration from the figures around her. I need her to be playable in Pirate Warriors already.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I like how the Gorosei seem kinda bad at actually fighting, they're basically just coasting on being unkillable and having OP Devil Fruits. Pretty big difference between Sanji's encounter with Kizaru and Sanji just running in and kicking Nusjuro in the face

That's what they get for sitting on their asses in Marijoa for who knows how long with hardly ever seeing any action. I assume Imu will be better on that front just because he's probably the final boss

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like how the Gorosei seem kinda bad at actually fighting, they're basically just coasting on being unkillable and having OP Devil Fruits. Pretty big difference between Sanji's encounter with Kizaru and Sanji just running in and kicking Nusjuro in the face

That's what they get for sitting on their asses in Marijoa for who knows how long with hardly ever seeing any action. I assume Imu will be better on that front just because he's probably the final boss
Yeah I've noted that as well. They have strong powers, but like in terms of actual technique they haven't been particularly impressive, and they'd be dead so many times over if it wasn't for their apparent immortality. Like compared to other top tier fighters, their actual skill and strength seems way lower, but it makes sense since they aren't really fighters in the first place

Imu probably was an actual fighter, just on the basis that Imu was definitely active in fighting the ancient kingdom, where I suspect the elders only actually came later (at most I'd imagine maybe some of them were children at the time)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if anything she imagines/believes in could come true, that shit would be OP as hell

I'm just saying, imagine if Kuma had her idolizing Lunarians growing up lol

I feel like it's a pretty easy guess that the world will react the same way except negatively, and I wonder if Oda is feeling cheeky and got us like that on purpose lol
"No way that's happening… Well there was that earthquake recently. And Vegapunk is pretty smart. OH NO"

Looking at their reactions and them eagerly awaiting his message, Vegapunk seems to be one of the most, if not the most respected person in the world. So if he tells them bad news, they might all take him seriously even if it isn't something they'd want to hear. It's kind of amusing actually realizing what a big deal he is to everyone, mainly because he's getting that kind of appeal just off of the papers and such I imagine, as I doubt he carries himself as some public celebrity that a lot of people have personally met.

Incoming "I was holding them back" and then cut to space aliens allergic to water. Imu is gonna get Lordgenome'd

Imu: "The truth is, the real final villain is Enel! He had amnesia, but now he remembers everything!"

Finally someone is talking about giant Bonney! She's such a Luffy parallel, to the point of her taking inspiration from the figures around her. I need her to be playable in Pirate Warriors already.

Shit, at the rate we're going, Bonney might have a good enough moveset to get her onto a theoretical One Piece fighting game. Since you know, we're never getting a real one

Eh, I guess

I mean, how many times have we seen OP or large characters take a quick hit before recovering, from Yonko Commanders to some of the Yonkos themselves. Sanji has sucker... kicked a lot of people throughout the series. Kaido, arguably the best 1v1 fighter we've seen so far, took all sorts of unnecessary blows because he knew his durability would carry him through it all.

I dunno, I just look at stuff like how Nusjuro quickly dealt with the Pacifista, or how Saturn easily recovered from Luffy's Cymbal attack compared to Kizaru (ironic as we used that very moment to help establish the pecking order between Admirals and the Gorosei), and I think they're more than fine all things considered. Maybe you could accuse them of being rusty, but not embarrassingly so. Just seems like your typical One Piece clash.

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
i agree wiht the sentiment, in one piece lower powered people can clash with the strongest for a few moments to minutes, however your examples are poor

Nusjuro quickly dealt with the Pacifista,
that means nothing, pacifista are not imprressive for the power you are trying to attribute to horse dude
how Saturn easily recovered from Luffy's Cymbal
his power is literally immortality, its like people being impressed luci keeps gettig back up one of his powers is literal regeneration

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
however your examples are poor

Nah, I think they're fine actually 🙂

that means nothing, pacifista are not imprressive for the power you are trying to attribute to horse dude

his power is literally immortality, its like people being impressed luci keeps gettig back up one of his powers is literal regeneration

I brought them up as quick examples of their quick thinking/adjusting on the fly (literally in Saturn's case :3), not their literal strength. My only point is while yea, they can obviously afford to take any and all attacks, they're not some bumbling fools coasting by solely on that as some are implying. They know how to coordinate and everything.

Now if they were just being extra sloppy in a 1v1, that'd be one thing, but in this whole chaotic situation where anyone can get jump on their large selves... meh

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I hope this is indeed what's going on and we don't get a "we were holding back" bullshit.

I'm still thinking they are literally demons in human form and not humans with devil fruits. And that they are related to the origins of the fruits themselves

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

He then immediately caught Sanji in his mouth, so it's not like he's any kind of slouch. If anything, it's an easy gambit to get people in to range where they can't get out of the way of your retaliation.

When you're immortal, and even at the moment seem like you can't even be damaged, why waste effort dodging an insect?

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I can't get behind the sentiment that the Gorosei aren't good fighters when we've seen them be as efficient as they have. Overwhelmed by giants? Guess they can't fight. Tanking hits from Gear 5? Guess they're just coasting off immortality. Being surprise-kicked by the man who can move so fast he turns invisible? What a slouch.

I'll grant you Chopper had no business guarding Saturns leg, but I guess the venom isn't reaching through the floof.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
no? greater than admirals equal to yonku, elimentating nations is like jack level.

the gorosei are of course powerful, however thier main thing is not attack power but unkillability
Yeah? I'm directly quoting the story here. I mean sure, the Pacifistas aren't going to be stronger than our named characters or anything, but the story has presented them as being pretty damn powerful. And Nusjuro took down 50 of them. In 6 minutes. What an incompetent boob.