• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017
Titan's wheels come from Titan -> Company of Heroes -> Brayflox -> Brayflox (Hard) final boss? Six degrees of the Warrior of Light's memories.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope after one of these fights in the future Urianger pulls the WOL to the side and says "You... have quite the imagination huh?"

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
No.

Those are us, the WoL summoning Titan and Leviathan. It's not the firsts version, the first doesn't have a Titan or Leviathan or at least none in that we know of. Those primals were summoned off of our recolections of the fights. Titan is FULL of landslides and bombs because the fight had a lot of knockbacks and bombs, Leviathan has two heads because of the split target mechanic thing (head and tail) and there was knockback/falling off when the rails broke.

If it was the firsts version of them, they'd be summoned by other beasts or people, not us. This is WoL not knowing how to summon/too much ele aether/misremembering.

Well that's a much cooler explanation. I went back and watched the cutscenes to be sure.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Titan's wheels come from Titan -> Company of Heroes -> Brayflox -> Brayflox (Hard) final boss? Six degrees of the Warrior of Light's memories.

Nah, it's

WoL wishing he had a car to run over the Company of Heroes after the shitty fetch quests they put him through for the banquet.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
That first boss...

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ATTACK IN THE MIDDLE!?!?!?! HOLY SHIT THAT WAS CRAZY. DID WE GET THROWN INTO A GALAXY!?

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so are we thinking

titan will have a savage-exclusive second form like the omega final fights

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
On what grounds? I don't really see that at all, E4 was by far the hardest so I doubt the order would change at all.

Not much besides Yoshi saying they were going to do something different (when asked about door bosses) and E1 aesthetically feels more like a final tier encounter.

I know it's low chance but hey.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking boss order might be different too tbh. Kind of feel like Eden Prime is more fitting as a final boss (even tho Titan was my favorite fight lol)

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
so are we thinking

titan will have a savage-exclusive second form like the omega final fights
No. They've said as much they're not going to have a second form like how Omega worked. (They didn't want the savage version to be a long even with the check point there)

I would speculate that both Titan and Leviathan might have savage specific phases much like Brute Justice.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Not much besides Yoshi saying they were going to do something different (when asked about door bosses) and E1 aesthetically feels more like a final tier encounter.

I know it's low chance but hey.
I was thinking boss order might be different too tbh. Kind of feel like Eden Prime is more fitting as a final boss (even tho Titan was my favorite fight lol)
I kind of saw E1 as the "door boss" for the rest of the raid, or that's how it felt to me anyway. It was very easy and everyone in our party was new to the fight, we cleared it after only one wipe.

I guess there's a chance it could change significantly but I just don't see them taking such a radical departure from the existing structure when the rest has been so formulaic (not a bad thing in any way, mind you).

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
I was super excited for Eden being a huge FF8 fan but I have to say I'm a little let down. E1 and E2 were cool but having to fight alt versions of Primals is just not that exciting. Especially how they went all out in Stormblood with Exdeath and Kefka, getting Titan again is just not as of a landmark fight.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm thinking what might happen is the tiers will go like this:

E1: FF8 fanservice
E2: Original Nomura Shit
E3: Water (Dark-Aspect)
E4: Earth (Dark-Aspect)

E5: FF8 fanservice
E6: more Nomura bullshit
E7: Wind (Light-aspect)
E8: Fire (Light-aspect)

E9: Lightning (Dark-aspect)
E10: Ice (Light-aspect)
E11: Nomura Conclusion
E12: FF8 fanservice (Ultimecia?)

E11/12 could be flipped depending on how much he's actually involved for.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
we didn't get a single Nomura bullshit yet

the extent of Nomura's involvement as is every guest participation from him is going to be one (1) illustration and a boss character design only drawn by him that he will not design at all. Possibly the final boss of the raid

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
btw, the way Soken injected all those creepy Witch/Sorceressesvoices into all the FF8 remixes is getting me REALLY excited. I hope they work that into the lore or fights.

Edea/Adel/Ultemecia triple-team!

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
d_mnzvwvaaagh6k.jpgla68k9n.jpg

That shot right after entering Tempest for the first time...shit hurts

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So we're at the point that we can openly talk about Eden raid right....right?

I'm like conflicted. Cause I don't want someone who has just completed 5.0 to come in and get spoiled. On the other hand this IS the spoiler thread.

Can I maybe get a show of hands on who thinks we should drop spoiler tags for Eden now?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like conflicted. Cause I don't want someone who has just completed 5.0 to come in and get spoiled. On the other hand this IS the spoiler thread.

Can I maybe get a show of hands on who thinks we should drop spoiler tags for Eden now?
TBH it should never have been in in the first place cause this is an open spoilers discussion and if they don't want to get spoiled then don't come on here. I myself avoided the thread until I finished it. I mean spoiler tagging content about the story kinda defeats the purpose so I guess you know what I'm voting on.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017

It took me 15 minutes to queue into E2 for a friend's clear last night. I think most people that are willing to jump into a spoiler thread have already done it.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting to consider that there is now an alternate universe out there where the Ascians succeed(you would imagine).

Wonder if the other timeline will ever be relevant to the story again. Expansion 5 mayhaps? Would be super interesting to have two rival universes fighting for dominance, one where Zodiark is dominant again and the Amaurotines are the only sentient life in existence, and ours where Hydaelyn can no longer be vanquished due to the defeat of the Ascians and the halting of further calamities. Perhaps only one eventuality can ultimately exist with the threat of the other one fading away.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
titan.gif

I know people are mixed on the remixed (ayy) primals, but I honestly dig them. They feel refreshing in just the right way to me. Plus people who joined late and never did their extreme or ultimate versions get a chance to experience... something sorta like them.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
As far as fights go, I think E3 and especially 4 are some of the coolest normal raids in the game. I also love their messed up designs based off the WoL's fucked up headcanon.

I tell myself that the WoL just got out of a really bad Shinryu run in Trial roulette right before he/she tried to remember what the Levi fight was like

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
titan.gif

I know people are mixed on the remixed (ayy) primals, but I honestly dig them. They feel refreshing in just the right way to me. Plus people who joined late and never did their extreme or ultimate versions get a chance to experience... something sorta like them.

When I peaked at the names before doing them I was all "huh... ok? How will this work?" and then doing them I was "ok, they are a new fight "inspired" by an old one".

Like, Leviathan and Titan are similar in design and mechanics in a way, but like, you could through in a different model for them and people would just say "oh it has bombs kinda like Titan".

Biggest disappointment was Leviathan not getting summoned like in 8, where it oozes out of a portal like water/Alex Mack and summon a mountain/waterfall.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Well he didn't go into the future.

There's some alternate timeline out there that he just sat sleeping in the tower for ~200 or so years, not knowing about the 8th Umbral Calamity and then got woke up and told what happened and what they needed to do.

He was under the assumption that by preventing the Calamity, that future timeline would be erased along with him ever going there. But as he found out time doesn't work that way and so there will forever be a future timeline where the world is fucked.
They also insinuate through the Twinning, Tycoon, and Graha's lines at the end that they might have created a way to stabilize their traveling through time and that's why he didn't poof, but the common thought and I believe was also stated in that scene is that they're just in a new timeline now.

Also got to keep in mind that the Crystal Tower is probably the big exception that rule.

They did, which isn't to say an 8th umbral calamity can't happen in the future with different shards involved. My understanding is that he branched out of the black rose 8th calamity timeline as soon as he traveled to the past in the First.
To add to this each Calamity is a LOT of work to create, and sync up across a shard and the source, so now with the flood halted, black rose halted due to Zenos, etc it's unlikely that specific calamity is going to happen again for quite some time. There's other shards though.

I'd be personally happy if a bunch of expacs handled other shards but I know they won't go that route.

Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm really surprised Gaia was unconscious the whole time after the fight with her. The way they were hyping up Nomura designing a character for the raid, I figured she'd be front and center of the story for the entire raid.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
from reddit

w6eit11sp4b31.png

Compare to now where he says he drank water at the end of shb for celebration, this man really evolved. In many ways Thancred is one of the chars who developed the most throughout the expansion. Urianger got over his guilt and his need to make up for his decision to send Minfilia to the first too

I think the ppl who deserved the most really got the spotlight in shb. And Alphinaud as always has been the key character in FFXIV. Seeign his speech at Kholusia was the "difference" between him maturing and how things spiraled out of control with the crystal braves before HW.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
from reddit

w6eit11sp4b31.png

Compare to now where he says he drank water at the end of shb for celebration, this man really evolved. In many ways Thancred is one of the chars who developed the most throughout the expansion. Urianger got over his guilt and his need to make up for his decision to send Minfilia to the first too

I really wish they would have killed Thancred at the end of the solo duty against Ran'jit. Him finally accepting how he ruined Minfilia's life and admitting his feelings for her in that scene would have been a great ending for this character arc.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
So, what's the Savage mount going to be?

The 4-seater bumper-car mount that we used to get to Eden?

The E2 boss that will carry us around like a doll?

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I really wish they would have killed Thancred at the end of the solo duty against Ran'jit. Him finally accepting how he ruined Minfilia's life and admitting his feelings for her in that scene would have been a great ending for this character arc.

As much as I like the expansions story, there are quite a few characters that had a "fake out" death that should have stayed dead.

I finished the main story last night, my thoughts:

As expected, fantastic ending. This expansion feels pretty backloaded with the good stuff, like they saved 90% of the important plot for the end. Which is fine, but the end stuff with Emet-Selch just really highlighted how bad Ranjit and Vauthry were as villains. I could have also done without some of the stopgaps like 5 hours of drunken miners, but a lot of the filler I also consider better than usual (like Il Mheg) so it's cool. Unfortunately the Ryne stuff is just awful and worsened by her story being tied to Minfilia, the OG awful character.

Anyway overall very good. I'd still go HW > ShB > SB but that's not a slight on Shadowbringers as I still think HW is the best expansion I've played.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

We're talking Minfillia and not Ryne, right?

I think saying he: "ruined her life" is like... stratosphere levels of hyberbole.

The biggest thing he did was not helping her out as much as he should have and feels guilty for not having done more.

That's a far cry from ruining her life. Because that makes it sound like he had intentionally tried to do so.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The real Minfilia. Unless I'm completely mistaken, he was part of F'lhaminn's plot in Ul'dah that caused her father's death and orphaned her.

He was there but he wasn't involved. He did try to help stop the rampaging Goobbue though.

He was mainly there to just hit on ladies.

BTW, man some of the animations in 1.0 were so much better... Guessing cause it was mocapped.

Last edited:

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
So I was running around naked because I wanted an easy alliance roulette and was admiring the legacy tattooo and then it clicked and hit me. It's very similar to an Ascian mask. I know the Ascian masks are the things from FFXII upside down, but if we're the 14th member or something and would need an original mask.

WHAT IF THE LEGACY TATTOO IS OUR MASK!