Status
Not open for further replies.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
The time paradoxes absolutely ruin it for me. Seriously how can Captain America end up with Peggy, she already lived her life without him.

How can they say time will end up the same if they put the stones in the exact same place they got them? That's impossible they already fucked up the timeline when they took them and things went wrong.

How does it make sense for Thanos to be go to the future get snapped and the events of Infinity War still happen

And am I suppose to believe non of Peters classmates got snapped and aged 5 years? Alright this last one is a nitpick but still

Oct 29, 2017
It sounds like you didn't understand the movie's rules of time travel, like, at all. To put it simply there are no time paradoxes in the movie because they are impossible to happen since they are just alternate timelines/universes basically.

Oct 27, 2017
Not the same Peggy, not the same thanos, the timelines where they took the stones will stay the same, not the same timelines as the core movies. Welcome to time travel

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Quit using other time travel movies as a basis for how time travel works here.

Oct 25, 2017
It's closer to Doctor Who than Back to the Future.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is old cap, but that's fine since it's nice closure.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
The time paradoxes absolutely ruin it for me. Seriously how can Captain America end up with Peggy, she already lived her life without him.

How can they say time will end up the same if they put the stones in the exact same place they got them? That's impossible they already fucked up the timeline when they took them and things went wrong.

How does it make sense for Thanos to be go to the future get snapped and the events of Infinity War still happen

And am I suppose to believe non of Peters classmates got snapped and aged 5 years? Alright this last one is a nitpick but still

I mean it's really simple

The timeline where Peggy lived without cap still exists, it's the timeline where falcon becomes captain America. The timeline that old captain America jumped from is the NEW timeline where Peggy married captain America

It's simply like this . Every time your actions change the future, that becomes a NEW timeline while preserving the prime timeline where you came from and go back to using the device .

Think of the prime timeline as a single line and all new timelines as tentacles coming out of them because someone from the single line timeline did something which created a different future

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Cap living his life with Peggy happened on a completely different timeline.

The idea is that things will correct themselves somewhat once the stones are brought back. They are still different branches from the timeline the MCU showed, though.

Not in the timeline he came from. You seem to be under the impression that Endgame was about closed time loops when that is not the case at all.

What do you mean none? All of his friends got snapped, that's why they're still high school age. It's no less believable than seeing all 6 of the original Avengers survive the Snap.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They can not change the past in this movie. Any changes just creates a new timeline.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Changing the past doesn't change the present in the movie, but it changes that past's future. But that past Thanos is dead, so it doesn't really matter all that much for them.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
The big thing that doesn't make much sense is Cap at the end.

But... it's a comic book movie. It's more fun to just go along for the ride and not think about it too much.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
When they jump, they create different time lines and their time line remains the same.

Cap lived his life with Peggy in a different time line, his Peggy 'Cap First Avenger film etc.' still lived with a different husband, lost Cap in the time line he came back to at the end of the film.

Oct 25, 2017
Doctor Who doesn't do alternate timelines.

Oh plenty of stuff happens that later doesn't happen. It's never directly addressed though what happens to those realities, though.

I think I would have rather said, 'its closer to Doctor Who than Back to the Future', specifically the future being relative to the person.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Oh plenty of stuff happens that later doesn't happen. It's never directly addressed though what happens to those realities, though.

I think I would have rather said, 'its closer to Doctor Who than Back to the Future', specifically the future being relative to the person.
I think time is just constantly being rewritten in Doctor Who. The Big Bang made new Doctor Who continuity pretty messy.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
This has to be a joke post. There's no way someone could spend any amount of time browsing the Endgame spoiler threads here and still have these issues. I refuse to believe this is a legit thread.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
God..

Did you watch Dragon Ball Z?

Trunks from the future helps saving the timeline of our heroes but not his. It works the same way.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
giphy.gif

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It's explained in the movie that going back and changing stuff just creates branching timelines. That's how you get a 2012 Loki who escaped and made off with the tesseract.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Endgame explain all those OP. Cap moving BETWEEN timelines (main MCU time vs cap-Peggy timeline) is questionable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.