• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
060532519bdf9c66c4c6a49fd534d9ad6226bba2.gifv

As most of us know, the Hell House was just one of many random, weird enemies you could encounter in the original game, and many of us was discussing how and if they would include it in the remake.
And while some was very sure it would show up I suspect no one was anticipating Square would dial it up to 11 the way they did and actually choose the Hell House of all enemies to be a boss in the game.
And judging by the discussion online, the coliseum and Hell House might actually turn out to be one of the most memorable moments in the Remake.
latest

Anyway, now that we know Square isn't afraid to go all out with the FFVII remake project I wanna know what other enemies you want to turn into a crazy, multiple phase boss?
What about Yuffie before she joins the party? Those guillotine guys?
Or maybe those Triceratops tanks?
ffvii_heavy_tank_by_fffanatic62583_d6u8lpa-fullview.jpg

shout-out to Eligor as well

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
I think Midgar Zolom is the most obvious choice.

Unless that WAS a boss and I'm just tripping, it's been literally a decade since I played the original.

Edit: Yeah I looked it up and its already a boss so I was tripping lol.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FFVII-01558-Underwater-Reactor-Ghost-Ship.jpg

Talking regular enemies and not bosses/sub-bosses right? (Otherwise Midgar Zolom wins that free)

The Death Dealers (jesters) from later in the game could be cool too with their tarot card attacks

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I think Midgar Zolom is the most obvious choice.

Unless that WAS a boss and I'm just tripping, it's been literally a decade since I played the original.

Edit: Yeah I looked it up and its already a boss so I was tripping lol.

it's an optional boss. it would be neat if he defeated the party pretty easily and they washed up ashore with sephiroth having killed it with ease.

but, with how powerful the party was by the end of FFVIIR, i'm not sure how well it would work lol

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
It's incredible that they took the enemies that people were debating being cut from the game and instead made them highlights/bosses.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
I cant remember what they are called but the two skeleton guys floating on discs that throw magic cards at you.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think the spiders from the Cosmo Canyon cave probably will be condensed into a single big boss fight.
The dragon from the Nibelheim flashback might end up being a boss for the party, just to hammer home how OP Sephiroth is.
The Ice Lady protecting the Alexander Materia will either be switched out completely or be a bigger fight.

Or, you know, none of that. Who knows.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I'm way more disappointed that they didn't make Doomtrain a boss in the ghost train yard than I should be.

OP
OP
Nakenorm

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think the spiders from the Cosmo Canyon cave probably will be condensed into a single big boss fight.
The dragon from the Nibelheim flashback might end up being a boss for the party, just to hammer home how OP Sephiroth is.
The Ice Lady protecting the Alexander Materia will either be switched out completely or be a bigger fight.

Or, you know, none of that. Who knows.

I think you're dead on the money.

Well except for the spiders I guess since Cosmo Canyon already have a pretty memorable boss fight

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
FFVII-01558-Underwater-Reactor-Ghost-Ship.jpg

Talking regular enemies and not bosses/sub-bosses right? (Otherwise Midgar Zolom wins that free)

The Death Dealers (jesters) from later in the game could be cool too with their tarot card attacks

YUP. Those things are already basically minibosses as it is. Remember how much they fuck you up if they show up in the Battle Arena while you're solo? Woof.

Scuttlefluff

Oct 28, 2017
In the next part? Got to be the serpent before Mr Dolphin part. We're going to Junon next game, right? Jenova on the ship, Midgar Zolom, Turks with Elena, plenty of others to choose.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
It would be pretty cool if they added Sora in as an optional solo fight.

Even cooler if it was Sephiroth vs. Sora just to totally flip things on their head.

SimonSimon

Alt Account
Mar 26, 2020
FF VII is a real transition point between old and new Final Fantasy. What a bizarre mix of silliness and cartooniness with serious drama. Later games tried to keep those tones more separate. But VII is like VI, where a city has its water supply poisoned and a man loses his family, and then you get to suplex a train.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It would be pretty cool if they added Sora in as an optional solo fight.

Even cooler if it was Sephiroth vs. Sora just to totally flip things on their head.

I can't imagine Disney would be okay with this...remember, Square does not own Sora at all and can't use him without Disney's permission.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Hell House was not the only such case in Remake.

Eligor was just a rare random encounter in the OG FF7.

latest

In the Remake he was turned to a boss in the Train Graveyard.

Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake_-_Walkthrough_-_Chapter_11_-_34.png

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure many will be.

FFVII had many wacky ass enemy designs that don't really fit the remake.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Kay now with that out of the way...
latest

I feel like these guys are more suited for random encounters rather than a boss fight. They're small, and they can basically ambush you anywhere. Hell House and the Dino Runner make sense as bosses because they're huge, but these guys are great fits for "that annoying enemy" in the Shinra Mansion that you need a ranged character to knock down before the party can hit them.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Tankceratops is my favorite dumb FF7 enemy

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Palmer is all the goofy ass we need

Can't wait to destroy him in the next game

curtismyhero

Aug 29, 2018
I want Lost Number to corrupt my save if I don't beat him the first time. Go all-out.

latest

You are absolutely mad! I was stuck on this guy for quite some time... so just the thought of having more than a game over makes my hands sweat.

Not specifically related to the OP (as it's not a normal enemy) but I can't wait to see what the damn demon wall (gate?) is going to look like. Damn boss made me restart my whole game, as I wasn't aware of multiple save files and I was too under leveled to beat him. I'll be ready this time.

Edit: looks like I'm not the only one. :)

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I did not remember how goofy and mismatched all these FF7 enemies were until now.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I really liked which monsters they chose to become unique boss encounters. Pretty much anything that's overly large or weird enough that it wouldn't make sense as a random creature out and about should be a boss. Great examples so far.