• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
New-Sprite-Chill-Hits-Shelves-Nationwide-678x381.jpg

Sprite drops its "coldest-est" flavor yet, just as temperatures heat up heading into summer with the introduction of new Sprite Chill.

Sprite Chill adds a refreshing twist of cherry-lime to the brand's signature lemon-lime taste, accentuated by a proprietary blend of cooling agents to deliver a uniquely elevated sensory experience.

Sprite Chill and Sprite Chill Zero Sugar, which will be available in North America through July 2024 while supplies last.

For its creation, the Coca-Cola Company's R&D team went through several rounds of development and testing before landing on the optimal ratio of cherry-lime flavor and cooling intensity. Sprite Chill is designed to deliver waves of refreshment, with the cooling sensation building from the first sip to the last.

While similar technology is used in confectionary and baking, Sprite Chill is one of the first sparkling soft drinks to deliver a cooling sensation without an accompanying mint flavor.
www.chewboom.com

New Sprite Chill Hits Shelves Nationwide - Chew Boom

Sprite drops its “coldest-est” flavor yet, just as temperatures heat up heading into summer with the introduction of new Sprite Chill. Advertisment Story continues below Sprite Chill adds a refreshing twist of cherry-lime to the ..

The original thread title had autocorrected to "Sprite Chile" and "Sprite Chili" 😇

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
"proprietary blend of cooling agents"

Like what is this in a PR announcement, it sounds like something you'd hear in an Auto Zone commercial.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I do like cherry limeade, but I'm not sure I needed my cherry limeade to have Ice Breakers cooling chemicals in it.

But I'll try it once, I guess.

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
I'll try it after I learn whether or not the cooling agents makes people feel like they are pissing, shitting, or drinking icy hot lotion.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
I had it. It's just okay and I'm a giant fan of cherry limeade flavor.

The cooling effect is almost more like a creaminess if that makes sense.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it would hurt your mouth if you had some immediately after brushing your teeth.

Oct 26, 2017
For its creation, the Coca-Cola Company's R&D team went through several rounds of development and testing before landing on the optimal ratio of cherry-lime flavor and cooling intensity. Sprite Chill is designed to deliver waves of refreshment, with the cooling sensation building from the first sip to the last.
I don't think I could write copy like this without being sick. Just something particularly soulless and empty about this for some reason
Missed opportunity not to call the diet version "zero chill"
Now this, on the other hand...

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Apparently it doesn't use menthol
www.instagram.com

CandyHunting on Instagram: "New Sprite Chill is headed to shelves in spring 2024! Coca-Cola is touting this as "the coldest Sprite ever." The soda is "amplified" by the addition of a cooling agent. [Flavor science side note: There are many cooling

16K likes, 181 comments - candyhunting on October 4, 2023: "New Sprite Chill is headed to shelves in spring 2024! Coca-Cola is touting this as "the coldest Sprite ever." The soda is "amplified" by ...".

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Had no luck finding it yet, but as someone who enjoys cherry limeade sparkling water, I'll absolutely give this a try.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
really need that Sprite Chill racing suit with matching hat.
Only 12000 Sprite points, coming this summer.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
It's becoming like clockwork that the entire first page of comments on every Era thread are things that are either answered by or refuted by the OP if they read it

SolidSnack

Oct 28, 2017
I got a pack yesterday, its just a cherry Sprite, no weird cooling feeling to go with it. Its pretty tasty. Cherry 7-Up is one of my favorites so it kinda scratches that itch.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Got some. It's pretty decent flavor.
The cooling action is pretty subtle. Like that slight sensation when you finish chewing Trident gum, though without the minty-ness.
Not really a game-changer, but interesting, nonetheless.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Personally really not into Sprite Zero but will check out the Zero variant of this.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Got a 12 pack of the zero sugar variant. It's pretty good, it's subtle. Better than the cherry tasting like cough syrup.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I'm not really a Sprite person, but I am an interesting/limited availability soft drinks person and a cherry person. Going to go see if Walmart has this.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I saw these in Walmart the other night :o It was in 12 pack form but if they are selling litter bottles of it I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I got a pack yesterday, its just a cherry Sprite, no weird cooling feeling to go with it. Its pretty tasty. Cherry 7-Up is one of my favorites so it kinda scratches that itch.

Considering I haven't been able to find a CARBONATED can/bottle of cherry 7up in what seems like years, this interests me.

Hopefully I can find them before they're gone. I really wish Sprite would bring back the strawberry lemonade limited edition one because it was hands down my favorite non-cola/dr/rb/etc. soda ever. I still have a handful of cans in my cabinet I save for special occassions.