• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
The original thread title had autocorrected to "Sprite Chile" and "Sprite Chili" 😇
I read this as Sprite Chili as well, and was wondering if this was going to be the answer to Flamin' Hot Mtn Dew. Which I was sure I was going to hate but ended up... well I won't say I loved it to bits, but it wasn't bad.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I ran into it on Saturday and have it a try.

It's not bad. I doubt it'll replace regular Sprite for me though.

cwmartin

Oct 27, 2017
I regularly consume Halls Blue, the Mentho-Lyptus as just a regular snack/candy so I'd probably like this. If I see it in the wild I'll give it a try.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's fine. The marketing makes it sound like it has the Ice Breakers cooling chemical in it. It doesn't. It's just cherry lime Sprite.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I like it a lot. It vaguely reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what. It tastes very lime. I'm glad I got two boxes. If there is a special "cooling effect" I don't really notice it. It is refreshing though.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this shit weak as fuck

when i see 'cherry lime' i expect at least an ounce of zip

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I have a case of the zero version of this. It's okay, you can taste both the cherry and lime but there is no chill or bite to it that I was hoping for. A lot better than the lemonade version they had a while back.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Got a case. It's just cherry limeade - which I'm a big fan of so it's a win, but there's no "cooling" factor which I thought was the whole point?

Jota typeZERO

Nov 3, 2017
Spain
I am always interested on fancy snacks that I will (almost) never see in my country, with a fairly low probability on outlet stores like PrimaPrix or Pepco.
But then I remember that Chewboom links are blocked in Spain (and probably other EU countries), so an archive.is or archive.org link would be great for things like these.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
I tried the 20oz version.

It's good. Doesn't quite reach OG or Tropical/remix for me, but I like it over the Lebron flavor from years back (which I also liked). I hope they keep this flavor in rotation.

The menthol-like cooling factor is really subtle, like others have said.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
I tried a bottle.
I strongly dislike artificial cherry flavor and it just tasted like a Mountain Dew Code Red, which is my least-favorite flavor.
I didn't notice the cooling effect while drinking it, but I *did* notice it in the aftertaste. It felt like I had just chewed minty gum, minus the actual mint flavor/burn.

Maybe it would be better if you drank it warm so you felt the cooling while you drank it, as opposed to the drink already being cold? I dunno.
Seems like a complete gimmick.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Blunted the battery acid like crispness of the OG. That's a no from me dawg. If they made a version with ginger that upped the static electricity I'd be there.