• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Why are people still arguing that the game was too big to fit on a disc?

Crash was 20GB, and yes the Spyro series are bigger games, but there's no reason why it wouldntw fit in 50GB.

They most likely didn't have 2 and 3 as finished as they would've liked and that's it.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
That's still too big for a single-layer Blu-ray though, right? And considering it's a budget release, Activision probably skimped on the storage.

Wow. And that's the disc version, so that's just the minimum install. How is it that different across consoles? Did Xbox move forward with that idea to let you choose whether to install the 4K textures?

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Will this ever fit on a Switch cartridge? Lol. I would love it but I guess I'll have to settle for PS4.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Will this ever fit on a Switch cartridge? Lol. I would love it but I guess I'll have to settle for PS4.

I'm guessing they'll use a 16 GB cartridge if it ever releases on Switch and just require a download, but it looks like they could use a 32 GB cartridge with some cutbacks. Nintendo is also supposed to launch 64 GB cartridges in 2019 (personally, I'm very curious what the first game to use it will be; I doubt Spyro).

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I can explain why it's bigger on PS4. On Xbox One, certain publishers upload their games with only a certain language support depending on the region. Activision is one of those. If I download from a USA server, only English will be available. If I download from a LATAM region, only LATAM Spanish (or Portuguese) will be available.

In the case of PS4, games with multiple languages are available at once. So you download that version and there's English, Spanish, etc. Even if they are all available on the game, the only way to change the language is to change the region, so it doesn't matter much if all languages are on your digital copy.

I tried this with COD Blops 4 and it worked that way. Same with Crash. I know I said multiple publishers do this, but in reality Activision is the only one were I've seen this phenomenon.

Wow. And that's the disc version, so that's just the minimum install. How is it that different across consoles? Did Xbox move forward with that idea to let you choose whether to install the 4K textures?
The game doesn't have X/Pro support at this moment, so is probably not that.

Edit: well, the cover above shows Pro support. Weird, as a) Acti has not said a word about X/Pro support and b) The Xbox store shows no X support.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm just amused by the fact that the back covers for Crash and this are 99% identical.

DrSLAg2WkAE-_sy.jpg:orig

DrSLA8DX0AAufRz.jpg

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
maybe the PS4 version is bigger because it includes the original trilogy with uncompressed music

if only eh

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Can't decide if I should get this on Xbone for the 4K or PS4 for the DualShock nostalgia.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Weird the box art calls them Remasters when they are Remakes, no wonder people still get Remaster and Remake confused when even the official box art can't get it right.

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
This account claims that Xbox One preload is up and the game is just over 42 GB in size

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
i really feel like activision is just cheaping out on the discs and the download is due to them not having enough disc space

man it's a real shame that this game has to get all caught up in this nonsense, Spyro didn't deserve any of this

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm tempted to buy that double pack. I've held out this long so might as well. ANy news on the Xbox X version. I'm guessing it's native 4k?

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Kind of curious how people will react to this game after they actually play it

Not sure how many people actually have played the games recently but there is definitely some uneven design. Enjoyable games though.

Pretty graphics making all the difference in marketing.
The first 10 minutes from the first Spyro has been uploaded to YouTube. The game looks wonderful:

Very pretty

1 is my favourite though I think 2 is the best game.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
It is factored into the stated disk space requirements, though. That's what's put on the box, because installed size is irrelevant if you can't install it.
Whatever size is listed on the box is almost always the actual file size. When everyone was speculating about RDR2's size before it came out I checked a bunch of games, and even the ones that have minimal updates/DLC like Lego games take up approximately what is listed on the box.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
You can say that again!

The grass in particular looks pretty damn incredible. I'm actually kinda blown away. The animation is really well done too!
This area looks a lot better than other ones that were shown earlier

Maybe those were just older builds, I hope this visual quality remains throughout the 3 games, that would be really awesome

Or it is also now because we are seeing higher quality direct feed stuff, looks really nice

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
This area looks a lot better than other ones that were shown earlier

Maybe those were just older builds, I hope this visual quality remains throughout the 3 games, that would be really awesome

Or it is also now because we are seeing higher quality direct feed stuff, looks really nice

I've been watching a stream and the visual quality seems consistent across all three games. They're all visually great. : )

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
Will wait for a full on disc version be it next gen or a highly compressed switch cart

Not buying in to activisions bullshit