Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
So cute!

bErpQK7.png

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
She looks so great, I love her <3

I suppose by definition she's not much of a faun anymore since her human half was decreased so drastically. They really seem to be catering to the furries with these redesigns for the girls. The bizarre thing is how Elora and Sheila seem to be on two completely different ends of the spectrum. How did they do one so good and the other so bad?

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a good design, it's just feels off because her upper half doesn't look as human as it did in the original games.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
People need to accept these designs for what they are, revamps and reimaginations of very simplistic original designs. They were never going to keep the same empty basic designs were they...

Oct 31, 2017
Am I the only one who sees the OG PS1 designs as 'abstract art-like' compared to these newer designs?

No, the original games' designs were all definitely abstractions which I think makes them hold up incredibly well. I also feel like despite their greater level of abstraction, I feel like some of the character designs from the original games have seemed more expressive/emotive, just judging from the things I've seen so far.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But if she was a goat she wouldn't have arms, and hands, and stand upright. She still fits the definition even if her whole body is covered in fur.
True, but you know what that poster means. They went further then necessary on the goat( or is it deer) likeness for the redesign, especially when it's pretty clear in her old design there is a distinct difference between her top and lower half.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
True, but you know what that poster means. They went further then necessary on the goat( or is it deer) likeness for the redesign, especially when it's pretty clear in her old design there is a distinct difference between her top and lower half.

It's very clear that she only looked that human in the original to emphasize her attractiveness. It's the reason why she wears dumb, out-of-place eyeshadow too.

The other fauns in 2 are much more animalistic than her, being anthropomorphic goats essentially.

Last edited:

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That didn't take long. New design has sunk in well for me. I love it. Toy's for Bob did a great job.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I love the new cutscene direction, animation, everything, but I miss Copeland's etherial take on it with the subtle ominous cues from the original:

The new track is way too "kiddy cartoon". It's the only weak point.

Luckily, the original soundtrack is included as an option!

I like the new designs of the characters but count me in the group of people a little bummed about Hunter's new voice. That's a short clip but it's not nearly deep enough. I'm used to his character being the "dumb macho guy" in 2. Sounds kind of dorky in that clip

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bianca has 2 designs, one with her Magicians Hood on at the beginning of the game, and this one after her change of heart in the second half of the game, any images of her first design?

jackissocool

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
I haven't been paying attention to this at all really but the PS Classic has stirred up my nostalgia and this was my #1 series as a kid. 100%ed them on Vita a few years back and will probably do the same here again.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Game was meant to be out today but PlayStation Australia put the pre-order items up for free anyways hehe (presumably by mistake).

1XKaYds.png

ipLZdcw.png

HotPhase

Registered an alt account
Sep 19, 2018
*sigh* we'd be playing this tomorrow if everyone hadn't lost their shit over the download thing

I mean they did? You just had to download the rest which isnt really that bad.

Im living in 2018. I dont care about physical discs anymore.

Its common practice now to download stuff for every game day1.

You should take a look at Microsofts 1st party games... every game needs additional download because it doesnt fit on the disc. Weirdly enough nobody is complaining about that.

At least they could have released the digital version already if its finished.

But you two have to consider that tons of people want this entire collection on discs. It's not all about you two & what you guys want things to happen for everybody.

That's being selfish.

Last edited:

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I don't think you understand the meaning of physical edition. If you did you wouldn't be agreeing to this crap practice.

You should take a look at Microsofts 1st party games... every game needs additional download because it doesnt fit on the disc. Weirdly enough nobody is complaining about that.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's not finished. They most likely delayed the game because they weren't ready.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I really don't give a damn what you think also. I too am living in 2018 and I prefer physical disc If you don't like it, that's your business. There is no reason for you to look down on people who prefer physical. The nerve of some people.