Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Screenshot_20230708_084612_Chrome.jpg

This was shared by AEF1907 on the Sony OT

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Square Remastering old titles? Say it isn't so!

Not a bad thing, just weird thing for them to say when they've already been doing that lol

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Maybe they'll finally port the Steam version of Chrono Trigger to PS4/5, Xbox, Switch.

Or a straight SNES port. Just to play it again on a modern console platform on a big screen.

I'm not even asking for a Remaster or 2D-HD thing. Just the original game on modern hardware is more than enough for me.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
So fucking excited for Xenogears
SO2 gave me a view what what it could look like and I love it
It deserves to look even better/bigger budget, of course

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they'll finally port the Steam version of Chrono Trigger to PS4/5, Xbox, Switch.

Or a straight SNES port. Just to play it again on a modern console platform on a big screen.

I'm not even asking for a Remaster or 2D-HD thing. Just the original game on modern hardware is more than enough for me.
It's absolutely bizarre that you can't play CT on modern hardware. Even it's lesser received sequel is available

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
Xenogears is really nice and all but someone should also ask them again about FFX-3

Last edited:

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
C'mon...do an actual Valkyrie Profile collection. It's 3 games.

Sounds good though. Square is probably one of the best 3rd party publishers in terms of making a lot of their legacy content available on modern platforms.

double_heist

Nov 19, 2019
They're still missing:
- Chrono Trigger for modern consoles (excluding PC)
- Parasite Eve 1/2/3rd Birthday HD
- Valkyrie Profile 2 HD
- Radiata Stories HD
- SaGa Frontier 2 HD
- Brave Fencer Musashi HD
- Threads of Fate HD
- Treasure of the Rudras Remake
- Xenogears HD

C'mon...do an actual Valkyrie Profile collection. It's 3 games.

Well you can play VP1 and VE (VP3) on PS4/5.

OrangePulp

Jul 21, 2020
Would the Xenogears remake be exclusive to Nintendo since MonolithSoft is a 1st party studio now?

I think Square actually owns the rights to Xenogears? I'd think it more likely to just have a different studio do it than making a Nintendo-exclusive with a Monolith partnership, but who knows.

Dec 23, 2017
They're still missing:
- Chrono Trigger for modern consoles (excluding PC)
- Parasite Eve 1/2/3rd Birthday HD
- Valkyrie Profile 2 HD
- Radiata Stories HD
- SaGa Frontier 2 HD
- Brave Fencer Musashi HD
- Threads of Fate HD
- Treasure of the Rudras Remake
- Xenogears HD

Ah yes, Brave Fencer Musashi still hasn't been done any justice either. Would love for that game to come back but I wonder if that was one of the games square enix lost the source code for.

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
no because its a Squaresoft game made internally by Square employees.

a few devs leaving and forming their own studio doesn't mean they get the ip

If by a few devs you mean pretty much everyone who made the game what it is then alright.

They could remake it, but without Takahashi, Tanaka, Tanaka, and Mitsuda it will lack what makes the game great.

Hell they'll just make it into a mediocre action game like they've done everything else lately.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I know everyone is focused on the remaster part, but I honestly think the point of them pledging to reinforce and increase their in-house development capabilities to also branch into new IPs is more interesting

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I would 100% purchase Vagrant Story, Einhander, Parasite Eve 1 + 2, Tobal 1 + 2, Xenogears, and Brave Fencer Musashi remasters/remakes. Pls.

Celestial Descend

Corrupted by Vengeance
Aug 15, 2022
SE has been pretty good with those remakes. Their back catelogue has a lot of untapped potential.

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
Who owns fighting force? SE or Embracer?

Lets get that brought back for the one time

TheBigJuice

Banned
Jun 29, 2023
Yeah I imagine that alot of these smaller titles they've been pouring out lately are being used to train newer staff. That's pretty much what they did with the KH portable games and that ended up turning their Osaka team into some the best action game devs today.

With how good SO2 looks, the more remasters the better plz.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Racing Lagoon, but also rename it to Driving Emotion Type-S, even though that's a different SE racing game, because Driving Emotion Type-S is a way better name for a racing RPG than Racing Lagoon and frankly is kind of wasted on a quote-unquote realistic racing sim.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Xenogears! Parasite Eve! Final Fantasy Tactics for PC and today's consoles, Vagrant Story!

All in for Xenogears though!

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
I know everyone is focused on the remaster part, but I honestly think the point of them pledging to reinforce and increase their in-house development capabilities to also branch into new IPs is more interesting
Yeah they are definitely restructuring a bit internally. They mentioned this in May in their financial results already. Will be interesting to see what new IPs they are working on and also who's doing FFXVII.