• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just a question, if this ends up being a sequel, do you want it to keep the "Sprite" 2d look or maybe a conversion to 3D?

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Just a question, if this ends up being a sequel, do you want it to keep the "Sprite" 2d look or maybe a conversion to 3D?

The 2D sprites are a major aspect I loved about the first game; both the pixel ones on DS and the super refined ones on mobile/Switch. However, I can always go back to the first game if I miss them so much. if going 3D allows for a better combat system I'd be fine with it, could give the series a pretty big push too.

5 hours? Why does the website say 18 for me? Am I stupid or missing something?

The timer gets a bit messy based on your timezone. It's only accurate for people in Japan.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Countdown being for Japan =/= Japan exclusive announcement. If it's a Switch game, in fact, the countdown would have to be in Japan only as it's the only region where Square Enix itself would do the promotion, rather than Nintendo elsewhere (as has been shown with DQXIS, DQB2...).

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Countdown being for Japan =/= Japan exclusive announcement. If it's a Switch game, in fact, the countdown would likely be in Japan only as it's the only region where Square Enix itself would do the promotion, rather than Nintendo elsewhere (as has been shown with DQXIS, DQB2...).
Plus, TWEWY did better in the West anyway, so anything that happens with it will definitely make it over.

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

Anime trailer 2

The anime will air April 2021.

New Key visual
EnfykNvVQAAuWH0

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Weren't there some rumors that the sequel would be multiplatform? I feel like I read that here somewhere...

Why would they announce a sequel in the middle of the night? Definitely keeping my expectations low.

Because it won't be the middle of the night everywhere.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but the countdown has been focused on Japan -- all the updates and the site itself. Kinda weird to then make a big announcement in the dead of night there.

All the recent Nintendo Direct Mini Partner Showcases have aired at 23:00 JPT, and there have been several mid-to-major announcements for the Japanese audience featured inside them.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Sure, but the countdown has been focused on Japan -- all the updates and the site itself. Kinda weird to then make a big announcement in the dead of night there.

TWEWY initial success came from abroad and not Japan, it's the norm now but it was more unusual back then and probably why the IP wasn't buried like many others Squix IP on DS (Sigma Harmonics, Blood of Bahamuth, FF 4 heroes of light, Mana titles...), that and a producer still wanting to keep the IP alive.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
TWEWY initial success came from abroad and not Japan, it's the norm now but it was more unusual back then and probably why the IP wasn't buried like many others Squix IP on DS (Sigma Harmonics, Blood of Bahamuth, FF 4 heroes of light, Mana titles...), that and a producer still wanting to keep the IP alive.
4 Heroes wasn't really buried - it evolved into Bravely Default. Just saying, because I like that game a lot :P

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
4HOL wasn't really shelved, it evolved directly into Bravely. Mana was actually planned to continue on to Wii but the team quit to form Grezzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.