• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Gematsu said:
Deck Nine Games, which developed Life is Strange: Before the Storm for Square Enix, has announced that it is continuing its external development partnership with the company.

"The partnership with Deck Nine has been a huge success," said Square Enix External Studios head of studio Lee Singleton said in a press release. "The opportunity to work with Deck Nine on another game was an easy decision, although we're keeping the project details under wraps for now."

Deck Nine Games vice president Jeff Litchford added, "We couldn't be happier. Our passion is meaningful storytelling, relatable characters and rich gameplay. Square Enix is an incredible, world-class partner who shares our passion."
Source: https://gematsu.com/2018/09/deck-nine-games-developing-new-title-for-square-enix

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
That's great. After the amazing job they did with Before the Storm which wasn't even their own IP, I'm definitely curious about what they will do with their own brainchild.

Third Strike

Nov 11, 2017
That's great. After the amazing job they did with Before the Storm which wasn't even their own IP, I'm definitely curious about what they will do with their own brainchild.

Maybe this is another LiS game? Wouldn't surprise me if it's another game set in Arcadia Bay, or a spin-off of season 2. Either way, I'm there.

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Interesting! I liked what they achieved with Before the Storm despite the creative limitations it set on Deck Nine by being a prequel to an established game. They did some very fresh and cool things and I'll keep an eye out on whatever they're cooking up next

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
BtS was so good, they deserve more projects.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I liked BtS much more than I thought I would, so I'm looking forward to their next game, whatever it is.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I enjoyed BtS and would welcome more in that universe, I kind of hope they are doing their own thing this time. Maybe something that doesn't have a terrible third act