• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2019
Oof, 3 million sold is a dismal performance.

There's currently 914 people playing this game on Steam - the only platform available on PC. Lol.

Interrobang

Oct 25, 2017
Good. IP was such easy money and they decided to do the worst possible thing with it. Hopefully this is one of the nails in the coffin for GAAS.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Don't release game before they're ready ! How hard is it to understand !

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
How long until Square sells off their Eidos branch? They seem to be really struggling with that side of things.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Lol it was expected, Crystal Dynamics games are expensive and the game was not hot sales wise

In the other hand, Sony will probably make this amount but in net profits day one with Miles lol

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It always looked bad. Always. Even the people who bought it for whatever reason dropped it faster Atlanta falcon receivers.

they really cancelled Deus Ex for this smh

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It probably didn't help that there were no Marvel movies released this year. I wonder if it would have been better to wait for Black Widow to be released. Of course the absolute best time would have been when Endgame was in theaters.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine selling three million copies of a game and that's somehow not good enough.

Don't get me wrong, Avengers has a lot of issues and should never been a GAAS title because the post game content just isn't there and the delays on additional content has totally killed whatever little momentum it actually had, but three million copies is a huge number and Square Enix has a history of expecting way too much. How did they honestly expect the game to sell five million copies?

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Their falt. If this was a SP game in the same vein o Spider-man, and had received positive buzz, it would have sold a lot more

Griffins22

Oct 30, 2017
It's kind of hard to believe an Avengers game could flop so hard. I'll probably end up getting it for like $10 at some point lmao

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Ooof thats bomba. I'm surprised it cost over $100 million. Square seems to be struggling a bit with their western games in terms of budget and sales expectations.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Sounded like this game was designed to extract money from fans so I stayed away from it.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being given such a lucrative IP and blowing that.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It's a shame - the SP is actually pretty dang good.

It's too bad they saddled it with uncompelling MP and the world's worst cosmetic microtransactions.