OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Are they actually doing one?

With TGS being a week earlier I would have expected it to be announced earlier, though I guess it doesn't matter as long as press are invited early enough.
At this point I feel like they are not doing one....
Last year they announced it at like August 22nd or something... at last year's TGS was later than this year, so if Sony was doing their usual conference it should have been announced by now...
And if Sony was doing a conference, I feel like Yakuza team would have waited and unveiled Shin Yakuza at TGS instead of their own even this week..

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
If SE has an annoucement to make (I personally doubt it, with FF7R and Avengers they have already enough on their plate), I suppose it will be at Sony's conference. Assuming there's one.

A new trailer for FF7R with a RedXIII reveal would be dope.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope y'all buying Crystal Chronicles so we can get the Crystal Bearers remaster we so desperately need.

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
If SE has an annoucement to make (I personally doubt it, with FF7R and Avengers they have already enough on their plate), I suppose it will be at Sony's conference. Assuming there's one.

A new trailer for FF7R with a RedXIII reveal would be dope.
If there are announcements of new games for TGS that aren't conference-tier, they will be in Famitsu in the next two weeks, and be added to the site before TGS opens.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Asking the real questions. No joke. I went out and even got the X1 BC ones. If only there was a full remastered for PS4

I have seriously been considering picking up a X1X, in part because of the improved BC, which feels dumb when new consoles are out next year. Maybe if there's a stupid good deal during Black Friday...

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
I have seriously been considering picking up a X1X, in part because of the improved BC, which feels dumb when new consoles are out next year. Maybe if there's a stupid good deal during Black Friday...
I went with the S since I don't have a 4k tv. And on boxing day (the day after Christmas, Canadian equiv to black Friday) they had a good deal with it being like almost $100 off with 3 games. Surprisingly, visuals still hold up they did a good job on the aesthetics and art direction.

I think it's too late in the game to consider an X1X unless you get an amazing deal.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I feel like they are not doing one....
Last year they announced it at like August 22nd or something... at last year's TGS was later than this year, so if Sony was doing their usual conference it should have been announced by now...
And if Sony was doing a conference, I feel like Yakuza team would have waited and unveiled Shin Yakuza at TGS instead of their own even this week..

They could be doing a State of Play instead?
I hope y'all buying Crystal Chronicles so we can get the Crystal Bearers remaster we so desperately need.

Preach.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I went with the S since I don't have a 4k tv. And on boxing day (the day after Christmas, Canadian equiv to black Friday) they had a good deal with it being like almost $100 off with 3 games. Surprisingly, visuals still hold up they did a good job on the aesthetics and art direction.

I think it's too late in the game to consider an X1X unless you get an amazing deal.

Yep, I agree... but damn, it stings. My hope rests with Square Enix to release that damn remaster!

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamit, Squeeenix.

Babylon's Fall is the only title I've been interested in since E3 2018, and it's not even mentioned.
Platinum's a busy little bee with Astral Chain & Bayonetta 3 (+ they were helping Cygames with the combat stuff in that one game that I can never remember the name of), in addition to Babylon's Fall. I'd imagine that with Astral Chain done, they might shift more attention to Babylon's Fall and we'll hear about it in some big gaming event in the not too distant future. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was as late as E3 2020.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Here are screenshots of Star Ocean First Departure R

EC8lz7jUcAAIAow

EC8lz7nU4AAo30l

EC8lz7jUEAEJF74

EC8lz7sUwAAGgAs
I'm so excited for this! Hopefully it can fill the void in my heart with the coming closing of the global version of SOA.

I wonder what the "new features" they keep teasing will be.

Looks like their sticking with the First Departure designs for Ronyx and Ilia. Maybe we'll get those designs as new characters is JP SOA soon.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I suppose there is no mention or clue about Yoko Taro's new project ? Any chance it could be revealed there?

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Is it already sure that the new game will be temporary exclusive on ps4?
No. I am just saying Sony because they are usually the only one doing any sort of conference for TGS as platform holder, and I assume PS4 will be the system the game comes out for (not saying it's exclusive or anything)

Other forms of announcement could be
1. famitsu magazine reveal
2. just randomly put out a reveal trailer when TGS starts.

I honestly don't expect either for anticipated game like Yoko Taros new game to be announced in such format.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
No. I am just saying Sony because they are usually the only one doing any sort of conference for TGS as platform holder, and I assume PS4 will be the system the game comes out for (not saying it's exclusive or anything)

Other forms of announcement could be
1. famitsu magazine reveal
2. just randomly put out a reveal trailer when TGS starts.

I honestly don't expect either for anticipated game like Yoko Taros new game to be announced in such format.
Oh ok, I thought I missed some information. Well let's wait and see. Still in for the VIIR trailer of course :)

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
I think the only reason they are doing Star Ocean FD R is so they can sell the game on digital platforms. The PSP version were never added to the PS Store and it is very likely because of the opening song. If I'm understanding correctly, the OP in Star Ocean Second Evolution got replaced back in 2015 when they re-released it just before SO5 came out.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Wow, they probably don't need any of that other stuff on there. I'm guessing fans are going to go ape shit over being able to play a demo of this remake.

First time the Japanese fans will get their hands on it. I'm excited for them, weird to think but they played the OG before I did, as it came out in Japan a couple of months before the US release.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Platinum's a busy little bee with Astral Chain & Bayonetta 3 (+ they were helping Cygames with the combat stuff in that one game that I can never remember the name of), in addition to Babylon's Fall. I'd imagine that with Astral Chain done, they might shift more attention to Babylon's Fall and we'll hear about it in some big gaming event in the not too distant future. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was as late as E3 2020.
Yes, I'm well aware that PG is busy making games for all the platforms that aren't PC, :o

It would be nice if Squeeenix/PG just said that Babylon's Fall is delayed. They were the ones who gave us the 2019 release date, after all.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
For anyone wondering about babylons fall, platinum said development was going fine but that it was up to square to decide when to release more information.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I'm well aware that PG is busy making games for all the platforms that aren't PC, :o

It would be nice if Squeeenix/PG just said that Babylon's Fall is delayed. They were the ones who gave us the 2019 release date, after all.
Oh yeah, I forgot it was announced as a 2019 release. Probably development is just taking a bit longer than anticipated. If it's not delayed significantly beyond 2019, I imagine it could reappear by the end of the year. It seems like it could be a bit more west-oriented, so could be they are waiting for TGA or some such end of the year event.