• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This reminds me the chat between the main villain and the protagonist in ready player one where he praise him self for being a true gamer but is receiving tips from the PR on the earpod. I don't trust them.

not defending but, the pre-sales are not looking good aparently
Sales have exploded since the demo release. Its top 8 on PS store and amazon its near the top of lists now. It should be just fine by release. Demo has helped a lot of people iffy on it.

Oct 28, 2017
Suddenly I have hope the Final Fantasy 9 remake won't just move everything to a twitch action combat system like FF7R did.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This guy the one that keeps pushing NFT bullshit?

EDIT: Answered above I guess, fuck that then.

Hattoto

Jun 26, 2020
I can sense his sincerity.

That was the same experience I had with FFI as a kid. I miss how the NES FFs began with story text before the title screen even shows.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Not so much of a fan if he let the mainline acclaimed RPG franchise turn into mashing square and R1 action game

the-last-jedi-salt.gif

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
That quote about the title screen and crossing the bridge is EXACTLY how I felt as a kid. It made me fall in love with intros that were unorthodox like vagrant story or ghost of Tsushima title screen reveal.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize gushing about CEOs was en vogue now.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
The previous CEO did leave on such bad terms with the fanbase that it's hard to believe this wasn't a direct response. Everyone pretty much liked Matsuda right up until the NFT stuff, but it was what it was.
yeah, Matsuda was pretty loved (especially after Wada) the NFT shit poisoned his rep overnight

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
His part of the conference Sunday was fantastic. Really sold me on the guy. Seemed very genuine and I hope it is. Already an improvement over the last guy.

Oct 28, 2017
this shtick is so fucking boring

Especially since the new CEO seems likely to greenlight a spinoff series with the Final Fantasy label and a different battle system if that opportunity arose for the nostalgia of it.

I know the The 4 Heroes of Light turned into Bravely Default, would love to see what is practically "Bravely Default 3" move back under the FF banner.

oty

Feb 28, 2023
he was really sweet during the ffxvi celebration. if he cuts off this NFT bullshit he's already my goat

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Can't believe we've got a second Kiryu Chan

Not so much of a fan if he let the mainline acclaimed RPG franchise turn into mashing square and R1 action game
Oh I was wondering where your borderline racist identity gatekeeping posts had gone in the other thread but you'd got banned here

Last edited:

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
this shtick is so fucking boring
Especially since Square is still making several great turn based RPG's. I'm kind of annoyed at passing over things like Octopath 2 or bravely default 2 because they don't have final fantasy in the title. And don't tell me they play different from other turn based FF because every FF has a new spin or twist or mechanic. Octopath 2 is legit one of the best turn based games I have ever played and they have been one of my favorite genre's sick I first picked up FF back when I was a kid at Toys R Us.

Shoot, chained echoes came out last year as an indie game and is incredible. The genre is still alive!

Also - if that is what this person thinks, they should turn off easy mode and engage with the battle system because it is a BLAST.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
The CEO of one of the biggest video game companies in the world............ actually likes the medium??? Not only that, he has personal experience with one of the most iconic game series of all time????? Ummmmm... le epic win much?!?!????

God the tone of that article is nauseating. The guy has charisma and enthusiasm, great. But are we really so fucking jaded that someone expressing appreciation for the company they're running (with a paycheck of several million dollars a year) is something worth swooning over? I know the state of late capitalism has our expectations in the gutter but that should be the bare minimum for any corporation. Especially in this industry. Games are not niche entertainment. There's nothing extraordinary about being a Gen X gamer.

I'm not shitting on this guy or calling him a phony or anything, but can we keep it in our pants until we see how he actually leads?

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Thats very cool
Isn't he super young for a CEO in such a big corporation? Or at least he looks super young!

eaglef003

Dec 23, 2020
Yeah, in the end, he is a CEO, and he will act like one. But he at least seems to care about the products they are making.
Compared to someone like Jim Ryan, who acts like a hedge fund manager and seems to have no interest in games at all, I take this new guy every time.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That quote about the title screen and crossing the bridge is EXACTLY how I felt as a kid. It made me fall in love with intros that were unorthodox like vagrant story or ghost of Tsushima title screen reveal.

Anecdotes about this particular moment in FF1 is common enough that I immediately felt like the whole thing could have been a speech puffed up by anecdotes taken from different places. It could have been genuine but a portion of the speech was probably concocted to make it a more endearing story.

I think Embracer owns the IP now

It's dead

I checked Steam and Sleeping Dogs, unlike games unlike games like Tomb Raider, is still published by Square.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The most impressive part was that he gave the whole speech in English instead using an interpreter. Koji-Fox remarked afterwards that he didnkt think he'd ever heard him speak English before, so it was clearly an effort he made for the audience.