• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Let's hope she doesn't get fucked out of it again. Still extremely mad that they got away with stealing that election.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say she has a decent chance because everyone now knows how much of a noodle Brian Kemp is

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe she now has a chance now that the person running the election and her opponent isn't one in the same.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
It will be a painful wait, but Abrams will make for a great presidential candidate in 2028+. Wish Beto had done as much behind the scenes in tx as Stacey did for Georgia

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
She will be a huge threat to Kemp, who has major baggage and has had a confrontational relationship with the Trump camp since the 2020 election. It'll also be a big lift down ticket. The iron is hot and the time to strike is now.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's a major surprise. Hell yeah. Let's goooo, where do I donate?

donezo

Wonder if she looked at the result of those local Georgia elections from November and was like, yep, we're gonna do it in 2022.

Georgia Democrats added a net of 30+ seats in Georgia muni elections this November, which was an under-reported pretty major surprise:

www.georgiademocrat.org

Democrats Net 30+ Seats Statewide in Municipal Elections - Democratic Party of Georgia

In Georgia’s November 2, 2021 statewide municipal elections, Democrats gained a net total of more than 30 seats and counting, including mayorships in Cairo, Stone Mountain, Hampton, and McDonough and crucial city council seats in Lawrenceville, Peachtree Corners, Sandy Springs, Tucker, Stone...

Aaaand... will Kemp get primaried...?

Last edited:

Lamiafusion

Nov 24, 2017
No way this wasn't going to happen. It's for sure great news. I just wish she didn't take that Bloomberg money.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck to her and everyone downballot, those races will be just as important given how the GOP always turns out for those and they're a major factor in a lot of states struggling to accomplish much.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
After waiting in a two and a half hour line to vote for her in 2018, I'm really hoping she doesn't get screwed over by voter suppression again. She's got a great ground game now to directly combat that, though, so I'm optimistic.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
My mom screamed when i told her, you would think it was BTS

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
She will win this handily. Even all the most diehard conservatives around me hate Kemp. They won't vote for her, but his popularity was in the fucking toilet during the beginning of Covid and the 2020 election.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great, and also no surprise. It seemed like this was the next step forward for her. Now, I'll just need to turn the tv, radio and Youtube off for a year to avoid hearing "radical liberal, Stacey Abrams" GOP ads so my brain doesn't dissolve.

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
Warnock also has to run in 2022 to officially keep his seat right? That's a pretty strong ticket.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It will be a painful wait, but Abrams will make for a great presidential candidate in 2028+. Wish Beto had done as much behind the scenes in tx as Stacey did for Georgia
Don't get me wrong, Abrams is amazing but I'm not sure what else Beto could do? Texas is way more Conservative in their identity especially around specific issues like guns, and nevermind that the state is ridiculously huge.

Beto has done more for the Democratic process in Texas than maybe anybody ever? Texas didn't flip but I don't think we can blame that on the one person that fights like hell for it.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes, she will make a fantastic governor. We owe control of the senate to her and her incredible organizing.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
She def got a chance now seeing what happened with the senate. Great stuff.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Thank you Abrams! Not only for governor but surely her running will help keep Georgia Blue in other areas.