Which is better

• Stand

Votes: 190 71.4%
  • Persona

Votes: 76 28.6%

• Total voters

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
At the low level, Stands trash Personas. At the highest possible end, Personas walk all over Stands IMO.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
Stand at least have personalities.

Persona due to being a mechanic, needs to be flexible, there is nothing unique about them aside from their design.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised at how people are saying Personas have cooler designs. I fucking love the weird robot doll nonsense going on with Stands.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A world full of stands is more likely to fuck you up, but despite stand users being attracted to other stand users, you still have a decent chance to live a normal life and not even meet other stand users for a good chunk of your life.

If you wake up some day and you can summon a Persona, I'm sorry man, you are caught in another god's business dicking around with humanity

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised at how people are saying Personas have cooler designs. I fucking love the weird robot doll nonsense going on with Stands.

For the amount of persona in P5R, a good amount of them have some solid designs. And you can scroll forever through the list. The abilities not being as unique as stands are the issue.

Oct 27, 2017
At the low level, Stands trash Personas. At the highest possible end, Personas walk all over Stands IMO.
How? What are the highest level personas compared to some of the highest level stands? Because of the latter, there's one that can essentially create a new universe and another that can jump between dimensions to swap bodies

Saturday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How? What are the highest level personas compared to some of the highest level stands? Because of the latter, there's one that can essentially create a new universe and another that can jump between dimensions to swap bodies

Protag end-game personas got that low-key "POWER OF CREATION" shit going on that really only translate to punching harder in gameplay, so *shrugs*

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything that compares to Golden Wind Requiem? People make it seem like THAT shit is OP in terms of anime, in general.

-a new P5R AND JJBA fan

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty sure the prerequisite for being able to summon Personas in the early games was to literally be possessed by a demon. Plus, the apocalypse.

So... yeah. Give me a Stand. Plus they have cool musical references.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Personas are only cool if you have the wild card/Fool. The average Persona user's powerset is as or more limited than a Stand but much, much less creative and generally with a far lower power ceiling.

Like ain't nobody want to be Junpei instead of Bucciarati.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Stands are able to have crazier and much stronger powers and abilities, but I prefer personas because of the psychological facet to them. They're literally their user; an extension like any limb. They coexist alongside them, and their powers and aesthetic are direct representations of who their users really are.

Stands aren't (necessarily) like that.

Last edited:

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Design-wise?

This one:

1fbdc0827dca74e74546c525c138f4bc.jpg

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Don't that one stand from part 4 that kills its user whenever someone see's the users back.

With that being said I am taking a stand 100%. Just uhh make sure your soul/personality isn't really fucked before you decide.
Don't forget Notorious B.I.G.

Which only works AFTER IT'S FUCKING USER DIES!!!

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Protag end-game personas got that low-key "POWER OF CREATION" shit going on that really only translate to punching harder in gameplay, so *shrugs*
Might not working that well. Stands that can create their own space can almost always get around creationist powers or abilities that effect space time.

Don't forget Notorious B.I.G.

Which only works AFTER IT'S FUCKING USER DIES!!!
I'd be so mad if I was him. That would be the stand if fucking get if I was in JoJo somehow.

Saturday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Might not working that well. Stands that can create their own space can almost always get around creationist powers or abilities that effect space time.

Lemme rephrase. Persona endgame is a bit abstract where terms like "you embody the potential of man" and nonsense like that is casually thrown about implying you're rocking some absurd JRPG power levels but at the end of the day it's just you slapping around a god.

Way I see it, means a persona protag couldn't do jack shit about DIO's time stop. But DIO Over Heaven? A persona boi might ass-pull something to block that overwriting reality jazz.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like how stand powers, especially as JoJo goes on, tend to be more individualized to the user. So it feels like they're more unique

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Personally I think I like Stands more in terms of having more unique and interesting abilities. However, a fully maxed out Persona can potentially be a Swiss army knife of powers depending on how it's been built. Only Wild Cards can really access that aspect of Personas though, so I'd say on average a Stand is probably going to be the better pick than an average Persona.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Never Forget that Holly's Stand literally did nothing but fucking kill her.

Persona's may not be as powerful as the most powerful Stands, but at least they're not actively detrimental.

There's an entire group of people in Persona 3 who are basically dying because their Persona is trying to murder them, and they have to take drugs to try and suppress it. Like don't get me wrong, I'd love a Persona that can choke me while I'm lying in bed, but that's a "sometimes" food and clearly not for everyone.