• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Bu25WRp.png

Platform: iOS/Android
Price: Free*
Release Date (Global): July 10, 2018
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: tri-Ace

Set in Space Date 539 (A.D 2625), the player controls the captain of the Pangalactic Federation starship GFSS-3214F, which was exploring deep space following the events of [redacted] two years earlier. After a surprise attack by pirates, the entire crew jettison the vessel in escape pods while the captain stays on board with only the AI robot Coro. Making the decision to activate the ship's hyperspace drive, the warp fails and ends up sending them to a distant region of space outside the Federation's borders. While investigating a seemingly barren planet, they happen upon a mysterious woman being chased by a monster. The woman, named Evelysse, uses a powerful form of Symbology magic that allows her to summon warriors from throughout time, and manages to escape with the aid of her time-warped allies. After she joins the captain back on the ship, the course is set to return home to the incredibly distant Earth.

Oh, and this game is crossover crazy. I won't post who is included if you want to be surprised, but...let's just say they're high Profile characters, so keep your eyes open and your ears Nier to the ground.

5R9h6pJ.png

There are five classes in the game: Attacker, Defender, Sharpshooter, Invokers, and Healers. Attackers are your melee damage dealers. Defenders have talents that help you and your party stay alive. Sharpshooters are ranged damage dealers, Invokers are your Mages, and Healers, well, they're healers. Each character has talents that are like passives for your party or for the character, so finding a good team that works well together is important.

Battles are real time, and play fairly similarly to mainline Star Ocean games. You can quick dodge, freely move, and so on. You have your basic tap attack, and then three active skills all with various effects. These skills waste AP, which regenerates slowly naturally or quicker by attacking with normal attacks. They also require the user to be at a certain range from the enemy, a standard in Star Ocean games. By chaining attacks (using another skill before your current skill has ended), you can deal massively increased damage, so it is in your best interest to combo as much as possible. Finally, after building up a meter called the Rush Gauge, you can unleash a very power Rush Attack that deals massive damage. These can also be chained.

giphy.gif

There is also a strong multiplayer aspect to this game, with you teaming up with other players and their characters and taking out strong bosses. Then you have things like weapons, accessories, limit breaking, etc etc. Standard RPG stuff. And also standard gacha game stuff like events.

bUaxRfZ.png

The paid gacha is broken up into two areas: characters, and weapon. The odds are as follows:

FIVE STAR: 5% for characters, 8% for weapons
FOUR STAR: 26.6% for characters, 25% for weapons
THREE STAR: 68.4% for characters, 67% for weapons

Note that if you do a 10-pull, you receive two bonuses. The first is that the 10th pull has a 16% chance of a 5* and an 84% chance of a 4* (for characters). Also, exclusive to the English version, is a pity system. Every 10-pull you get five tickets. These tickets can be redeemed for a random 5*. The first time you use this, it is cheaper, but for every ten 10-pulls you can pull one random 5* character. Note that you get these tickets no matter what, even if you pull a 5*.

Tier List - Note this includes characters we don't have, so spoilers.
ResetERA ID List - QUOTE TO REVEAL
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
They kinda stealth launched this this morning, sorry if it's a little rough. Region information is still unknown, will update when it becomes clearer.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its actually fun! Would kill for a remake of SO2 with these models.

And btw they fixed everyone from SO4, Lymle doesnt look like a soul sucking demon anymore.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
The game is so pretty and fun. I had done the pre registration thing and got Welch 4* and Faize 5* for free. Picked Maria 5* as the free character. Login bonus actually has 5* weapon and character tickets in them seems pretty generous.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't look like this is out in Europe yet, or the UK at least.

I'm blaming Brexit.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth it to use all of your prisms to put a character at level 60 right now? Lot of people are doing it according to the guest summons list haha

Alright alright. So who's best to aim for in rerolling?

You don't reroll you pick the 5* you want. People suggest Maria because her passive is +30% damage to party.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to run this on Nox but it's hyper zoomed in and adjusting the resolution isn't working. Anyone have an idea on what would be causing this?

EDIT:

Fixed it. Had to simulate a new emulator from the multimanager. What a weird problem.

Last edited:

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like all my favorites (basically everyone from SO2) suck in the tier list, haha.

That is a JP tier list so they don't really suck, its just that the ones on top are newer characters (which nowadays are stacked in passives) or they got buffed.

They are incredible when they come out especially Ashton, and Rena and once they all get buffed (everyone does eventually) they'll be boosted up so it all balances out.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Ashton in this? Cant spot him on the tier list Edit: Welp post above suggests he is ;)

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the current tier list seems to have Maria, Fidel and Faize as the top units. You get Faize for free, you can pick Maria. So basically buy the 5* ticket and hope for Fidel seems to be the "re-roll"? Beyond that would it be best to save gems for later banners as the power creep seems to be there?

He's not in at launch, but he will be added.

Ah cool

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody have a tier list for the launch characters? I used Viktor during the beta and he seemed mediocre, then I did another run with Fidel as my starter character and he was way stronger. Anyone I should push for early on, or should I just go with whoever and save my crystals?

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
So the current tier list seems to have Maria, Fidel and Faize as the top units. You get Faize for free, you can pick Maria. So basically buy the 5* ticket and hope for Fidel seems to be the "re-roll"? Beyond that would it be best to save gems for later banners as the power creep seems to be there?

Ah cool
Maria top tier means I'm definitely installing

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody have a tier list for the launch characters? I used Viktor during the beta and he seemed mediocre, then I did another run with Fidel as my starter character and he was way stronger. Anyone I should push for early on, or should I just go with whoever and save my crystals?

Tier list from the reddit discord:

A: Maria, Fidel, Faize
B: Nel, Cliff, Victor, Myuria, Daril
C: Ronyx, Miki, Anne
D: Lymle, Emmerson

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I downloaded Nox, but the game isn't showing up in the Play store when I search for it. I tried making a new emulator on Android 5.1 but it's still not working.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Tier list from the reddit discord:

A: Maria, Fidel, Faize
B: Nel, Cliff, Victor, Myuria, Daril
C: Ronyx, Miki, Anne
D: Lymle, Emmerson

Nice. I picked Maria for my starter 5*, got a Cliff off of my first free summon, and got Fidel off of the 5* ticket. I guess I'm set for a while.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to add me : ID JWTFE9VDZU Vamphuntr.

I have a lvl 60 Faize and 60 Maria and sharing Faize

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Looks good! Going to try it right now. I often get hooked to mobile games for a couple of hours and then end up dropping them. A lot of them are very similar, but with a different overall theme.

Hopefully this one really hooks me, because I'd really like a mobile game that I can play over a long period of time.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'd honestly save gems for future banners, from what I've been told, Maria/Fidel can carry you through the game.

That's what I thought but sadly I messed up. The Fidel I draw before the battle is apparently only loaned for the tutorial-battle, it's confusing. So yeah I picked Maria, got a 4* on my free draw and then purchased the Ace Ticket which got me another Maria... what now? Am I still good or should I reroll? I heard Maria alone should be enough.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget to turn in your Launch Coin for a 5* weapon of your choice.

They are weapons based on the characters you had to pick from.

Item > Item Exchange > Launch Coin

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Played for like an hour and I'm really not feeling it. I don't feel like the game really has its own identity, and the combat is really not much of a thrill. Great graphics and presentation, though.

Ryufujin

Oct 28, 2017
That's what I thought but sadly I messed up. The Fidel I draw before the battle is apparently only loaned for the tutorial-battle, it's confusing. So yeah I picked Maria, got a 4* on my free draw and then purchased the Ace Ticket which got me another Maria... what now? Am I still good or should I reroll? I heard Maria alone should be enough.
Maria should be enough, I would reroll since it only takes a few minutes depending on your download speed or easier if your phone is rooted. I'd personally rather have 2 different 5 star characters than just one though.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
My player ID is 96GW8FVTFT. I'm running Fidel, Maria and Faize and will probably swap my character around a lot. Add me if you want.

Just please make sure you switch your shared character away from the cat boy, he has the worst voice actor ever!

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
What is with these gacha games hiding the "use this character to be your loan character" button because it's always like on one screen that isn't completely obvious

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Yet another gacha game that goes with the double gacha model? And the 5* rate is a shitty 5%/8%? No thanks, gtfo with this shit already.