• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
14sSanK.jpg

h8ZSdLr.jpg

8FkOEmQ.jpg

FdU8glN.jpg

lQuiKn9.jpg

PWP0DFF.jpg

Lots more here:

Oct 25, 2017
Jellico was a jerk, Riker was a jerk, but Jellico got Troi to wear a uniform that was simultaneously more professional and hotter than her cleavage-showing leotards, so I call it for Jellico.

Also, I would watch a Jellico series.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Jellico wasn't a very good leader. Everything Riker said about his command style was accurate.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
He loved a certain kinda of role didn't he
He apparently came into it late. I was watching some BTS discussions about RoboCop, and how he was cast against his type, having previously played fatherly good-guy figures. Same for Kurtwood Smith. After that, however, he went on to play assholes, and was definitely quite good at it. Next up I think was Total Recall, where he played almost the same character he played in RoboCop (also a Verhoeven movie).

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't get the first one, or that font change for Bashir.

Also this actor will forever be Senator Kinsey for me.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does the font change mean?
The series is just rolling along using the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" font for everything. See those little "Executive Producer Gene Roddenberry" end credit bits? Same font.

Captain Jellico from TNG puts in a phone call to Doctor Bashir on Deep Space Nine, and Bashir's "voice" comes through using the DS9 end credits font, because DS9 had a different font for it's credits.

See also...

XpnTiMG.jpg

iobOCdN.jpg

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
The series is just rolling along using the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" font for everything. See those little "Executive Producer Gene Roddenberry" end credit bits? Same font.

Captain Jellico from TNG puts in a phone call to Doctor Bashir on Deep Space Nine, and Bashir's "voice" comes through using the DS9 end credits font, because DS9 had a different font for it's credits.

See also...

XpnTiMG.jpg

iobOCdN.jpg
Dayummmm, "lairs" got me good.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
This meme is great. And Jellico was a great character, great factor in making those episodes so great.