• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
So this ad popped up on YouTube as a part of Days of Play promotion including PS+ June lineup and it clearly shows SWBF II as second PS+ game.

Hopefully it's legit.

DemiOrpheus

Banned
May 9, 2020
cool for people who haven't played, it's so much better since launch

kinda disappointing both are FPS this month though, there's usually more genre diversity

Jun 2, 2019
Having a fps month doesn't sound too bad :)

I played the game on PC via Origin Access and it left me a good impression. I'd download it inmediatly if it were a plus game

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Hmm already own it on PC but if this is free on PS4 that means the Player Base might be big..
Its a great game now guys.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Two MP focused FPS games in one month? Same mistake as with the simulators.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
already own it. celebration edition tho. if people are getting base, they'll have to grind a bit to unlock heroes. but they should have fun along the way. game's fun to play

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Sony was splitting up the announcement because they have something SW related at the PS5 event?

Oct 27, 2017
Terrible month for me. Two MP-focused games, one of which I can't play because of the language, another one I don't want to play because it's Star Wars. And both because are MP.

I guess PSNow will be great, as usual, though.

The actual source.

The Reddit user with the same channel name says they recorded playstation Instagram.

Playstation socials have occasionally leaked ps+ games early.

Ps+ April 2020, December 2019, may 2019.

December was leaked by a PlayStation website and may was leaked by the ps+ section of the PS4.

April one was some footage someone uploaded on r/playstationplus subreddit and then deleted but everyone in comments said it was uncharted 4 and dirt rally.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Please be true.

I had BF2 as my biggest gaming purchase regrets this gen. The game on release just never clicked with me, had horrible loot boxes and the offline modes were thread bare.

HOWEVER

I reinstalled it last week complete with a 50gb patch of all the updates since launch and god damn what a turn around! The game is now completely awesome and how it should have been at launch. My only gripe is that it takes to long to enter the bigger MP modes. They should fill the empty slots with bots, but hopefully if it's free on PS Plus then we'll get an injection of new players.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I always found it surprising that so few PS+/Gold games are multiplayer-focued when the reason for these services to exist in the first place is pretty much to hold multiplayer hostage behind a paywall. Having many MP games makes sense.

I played the campaign in this one and thought it was pretty varied and enjoyable. Lots of Star Wars fanservice and characters in there.

Last edited:

Darkkn

Oct 30, 2017
The updated Battlefront 2 is my favourite online shooter these days! A big turn around for it.

Oct 27, 2017
Both games have SP campaigns though?

I never said they didn't. I said they were MP-focused.

What do you mean with 'language'?

I already talked about it in another thread, so I don't want to derail this one by posting the same again, but certain SKUs of the game are language-locked to certain regions. In my case, having a Spanish PSN account, the game only includes Spanish and Italian. Since my console is set to English, the game defaults to Italian (not even Spanish!), and there's no way to download a version of it with English as an option.

Nariwari

Banned
Mar 12, 2020

I already talked about it in another thread, so I don't want to derail this one by posting the same again, but certain SKUs of the game are language-locked to certain regions. In my case, having a Spanish PSN account, the game only includes Spanish and Italian. Since my console is set to English, the game defaults to Italian (not even Spanish!), and there's no way to download a version of it with English as an option.

Oof, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

I had this problem with Diablo 3. Brazilian store, but my system was in English so it only worked in Spanish (?????) until I changed the system to Portuguese.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I played Battlefront 2 a few months after launch and it was pretty good. Certainly didn't seem bad enough to get the reaction it did at launch.