• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I'm guessing it's just lag. I get shot up in mid roll all the time. Unless blasters > lightsabers.

He's on point with this review, but holy hell, I never rubberbanded as badly as he did.

But it's weird because there are other times I go for a guy as Yoda or something and I swing once or twice at him and it's like it takes more than a shot, and that's what hangs me up... Then 2 or 3 latch on to me and just start hammering me

I'm really finding melee heroes annoying a bit, I mean even if they costed a lot less and you could get out there a bit more with them as opposed to racking up 6 to 8k and getting melted

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As valid as Dunkeys points are about the lag, progression system and loot boxes, he really can't say shit about that Darth Maul clip considering he just ran towards a bunch of enemies lol. What he expect? I feel like a lot of people play their Jedi characters like that and wonder why they can't get any kills.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
As valid as Dunkeys points are about the lag, progression system and loot boxes, he really can't say shit about that Darth Maul clip considering he just ran towards a bunch of enemies lol. What he expect? I feel like a lot of people play their Jedi characters like that and wonder why they can't get any kills.
That end part was clearly a joke lol. That's his style to end his videos with his fuck ups.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Why does Jedi mind tricks work on droids anyway?

Lightsabers take two swings to kill, but a vanguard shot can kill in one shot, and from a further distance?

Last edited:

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Well it finally happened, wasted crafting mats on wrong sentry upgrade to rare because I forgot to unequip the one I wanted to upgrade. Highly annoying, bad day all around.

Picked up my PS4 Pro today, will have to talk to Sony support about replacing the controller, the plastic halves are severely misaligned. Cutting into my left hand while playing.

LAN transfer took longer than the 11 minutes it said it would take for only 40 gigs. Feels snappier on main menu.

Already don't like the fan, higher pitch than my og PS4. I am happy to say 99% of the pauses and freezes during gameplay are now gone. The Pro gets as loud or louder than my og during loading screens. Pretty quiet during gameplay playing at 1080p. Have seen it a couple of times on the Pro while spawning and end of match cutscenes.

Game feels better, guess more consistent framerate and the no freezes. Keep getting disconnected while searching for matches, which puts in a long ass load time.

Unrelated but that bad day continue for my 2tb drive from Amazon was delivered today. It's in a plain brown box. I didn't order a oem and the listing didn't say it was so I'll be having a chat with them.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
This game loaded me into the Tatooine map for GA, but turns out it was one of the Force Awaken maps, and I was the only person in the server.

Does this game like just drops people into empty servers for each new map?

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Starting to get really tired of not being able to play as Bossk on certain maps because his thermal vision just outright doesn't work/highlight players on them :/

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Has the ground textures not fully loaded in for anyone else. Was just on Hoth and respawnes and most of the ground was black and flickering. First time seeing that and in new system.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
The higher damage output for the third heavy blaster doesn't make up for the low rate of fire. Getting outgunned very frequently as opposed the 2nd heavy blaster.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the game today! And so far, after about an hour of multiplayer time and an hour of campaign... I'm incredibly happy with my purchase. I don't know what I'll feel in twenty or thirty hours, but being back in the Star Wars world and playing Battlefront again feels really great. I'm sure the deeper I plunge into this game the nefarious stuff will start to uncover more, but I'm having a good time so far! A win in GA and a win in Blast!

Xzan

Nov 20, 2017
Australia
I'm guessing it's just lag. I get shot up in mid roll all the time. Unless blasters > lightsabers.

He's on point with this review, but holy hell, I never rubberbanded as badly as he did.

That's been the typical experience for me this week, maybe 50-60% of the time. One thing I did notice though, I'm normally set to use the Australian servers (~66ms ping) but after quitting out of a match with terrible rubberbanding I checked the EA Account screen which said I was connecting to Singapore (I'm in Western Australia). I get roughly the same ping to Singapore as I do to wherever the Australian servers are (Sydney?) but as soon as I switched location and reconnected to a GA match, the rubberbanding was gone.

It could be completely unrelated, or the international link could be enough to make a difference to my connection, but it seems like its switching server farms on the fly between matches, not just servers. BF 2015 defaulted to auto for your location but used to let us force the preferred servers if we wanted to. I've looked but can't seem to do that with BF2.

Cosmic Forge

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, glad to see people can still fly around in A wings and rack up 60+ kills with no opposition and no effort by strafing easy to pick off troops. Glad to see nothing's changed from the old battlefront's where that exact strategy (camping vehicles and turrets) requiring little to no effort or skill makes for easy hero farming. Glad to see DICE couldn't see that coming and make vehicles way more expensive to play. Been enjoying the game up to this point, but all day today it's been nothing but this shit. Your options are either A) spawn a vehicle yourself or B) spawn with a pure ion loadout and get lucky. A doesn't work because tryhard flyer in his A wing has a wing man preventing any aerial defense. And B doesn't work because the anti vehicle weapons are laugh out loud hilariously worthless. Got me again DICE. Shame on me.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why does it feel like killstreak vanguard ends sooner than default vanguard. Even when I'm actively killing. That's the opposite of the reason why I even bought it.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
The Naboo map in GA is giving me flashbacks to BF4's Operation Locker map. At least there was actual routes to get around that choke point in the panopticon.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For how cheap Wookie Warrior is, he's a little too good against the storm troopers.

Time to invest all my purple cards on enforcers.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
For how cheap Wookie Warrior is, he's a little too good against the storm troopers.

Disgusting against heroes to be honest, bumped into someone with three epics for enforcers, not fun.

They REALLY need to tweak GA and fast, so many games that end in the first phase or so.

Lando is surprisingly a lot of fun and quite effective.

What's your secret? I was stoked to unlock him first and I'm not doing great with him.

Lightning absorption, full control and amplified aura. That's what I run for GA anyway.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn

Agreed. Deathtrooper can easily take him out if you pop the overcharge, but Wookie Warrior is a straight up team player power house. He can easily clear a room, or hold back a wave with his grenade and his bolt caster.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of points you get when you chill in a tank the whole match lol. Wish I could donate some to other people.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Played Death Star GA earlier today and ran across a squad of seemingly 3-4 Wookie Warriors. They just tore that map to pieces in close quarters.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More than a couple of times I've found myself thinking whether or not to spawn as a hero because I almost feel like I do much better as a regular trooper lol.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it amazing how Leia was the one hero I totally avoided in the previous game for Supremacy/WA considering how clunky she did by herself, but now she's my go-to pick for GA.

Also, the moment DICE decided lightsabers stopped being instakill in this game (which is fair), Luke just simply isn't that great for crowd control anymore.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watching old BF videos, I'm glad it the saber isn't one hit anymore. That shit looked ridiculous

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
It was.

I was never a fan of Heroes in BF2015. They went in the right direction with them this time around.

Yeah despite a lot of dissent on this issue, I think they're pretty close to finding a good balance with the heroes. It has to be remembered that this is not some simple issue. Making heroes fun to use but fair to play against is seriously non trivial. There's a very fine balance to be found. I've had some great rounds with a whole range of heroes, lightsaber or no. You have to pick your moments, but you have all the tools you need to make a massive impact on the round.

My biggest issues right now are that they are very vulnerable to wookies which can feel a bit cheap (generally the Wookie Warrior seems overpowered to be honest) and that, if you play conservatively, it's pretty easy to just keep the hero forever. For the ranged heroes this can be pretty obnoxious, especially for the handful that have ways to heal.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah palpi is really fun. One of my faves now for sure after figuring him out.

MarkMcLovin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've had amazing matches as a Wookie. Man when playing well with him, you'll dominate the whole match.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Now that heroes are weaker I really feel that they shouldn't have a huge red dot on the mini-map that designates where they are at all times. It keeps you from being able to be sneaky since everyone knows exactly where you are at all times.

If I see a big red dot I just don't go in that room until it moves.

They already announce heroes when the enter and exit the battlefield. That should be enough to let players know to be on the lookout.

That tweak and a couple balance tweaks with individual heroes and I think they'll have struck a real nice gameplay balance with heroes in this game.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Now that heroes are weaker I really feel that they shouldn't have a huge red dot on the mini-map that designates where they are at all times. It keeps you from being able to be sneaky since everyone knows exactly where you are at all times.

If I see a big red dot I just don't go in that room until it moves.

They already announce heroes when the enter and exit the battlefield. That should be enough to let players know to be on the lookout.

That tweak and a couple balance tweaks with individual heroes and I think they'll have struck a real nice gameplay balance with heroes in this game.

Totally agree. I mean, if they can't frontline then they should be able to flank, but anyone who isn't completely blind either spots the 24/7 on lightsaber or the big giant red dot comings towards them.

Also, please do something about the supercharged sentry - it's completely broken to be honest. You can easily crossmap with it and it eviscerates heroes.

tz5fY3q.gif

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Totally agree. I mean, if they can't frontline then they should be able to flank, but anyone who isn't completely blind either spots the 24/7 on lightsaber or the big giant red dot comings towards them.

Also, please do something about the supercharged sentry - it's completely broken to be honest. You can easily crossmap with it and it eviscerates heroes.

tz5fY3q.gif

I am completely with you.

And heavy just seems sort of OP in general.

Other issues I've noticed are that officer DEFINITELY needs to be awarded more points for doing it's buff. It gives like 3 battle points right now. It's BS.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
Is Chewie worth a buy? I haven't actually seen anyone use him in HvV yet. Just got some nice cards for him.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I actually got this game. Said I absolutely wouldn't buy it and I didn't. My friend got sent 2 copies from Amazon lol so he gave me it for free. Take that EA. I'm not gonna waste my time with multiplayer but I'm looking forward to playing the campaign.

mojo2

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/28/eas-day-of-reckoning-is-here-after-star-wars-game-uproar.html

EA's day of reckoning is here after 'Star Wars' game uproar, $3 billion in stock value wiped out

The company's profitable business model is now at risk after angry gamers revolted over its aggressive in-game moneymaking strategy in "Star Wars Battlefront II."

EA's stock is down 8.5 percent month to date through Tuesday compared with the S&P 500's 2 percent gain, wiping out $3.1 billion of shareholder value. Its competitors Take-Two and Activision Blizzardshares are up 5 percent and 0.7 percent respectively during the same time period.

After EA gave a December quarter sales forecast slightly below Wall Street estimates on Oct. 31, some analysts suspected it was due to the "Stars Wars" title. The shares fell 4 percent the following day.

Last edited:

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
So I actually got this game. Said I absolutely wouldn't buy it and I didn't. My friend got sent 2 copies from Amazon lol so he gave me it for free. Take that EA. I'm not gonna waste my time with multiplayer but I'm looking forward to playing the campaign.

Honestly that should be the opposite. The campaign is pretty bad. Playing Cod WW2's then going straight into BF2 was night and day difference of 2 linear campaigns in terms of effort, production quality etc. The multiplayer however, is a blast.