Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
weren't they just robes like with Obi Wan in the desert? I don't think there was a point about them being official Jedi apparel until the prequels
He means Luke's black outfit, that was meant to be the Jedi uniform. The robes Obi-Wan wore were just Tatooine clothes, Uncle Owens wears the same thing.

Oct 31, 2017
So is Kylo just okay going back to the status quo? I know he wanted to start his own thing with Rey but then just took over and did the same thing again. The first order just okay with this? Lol

Anyway, I hope we finally get the Knights of Ren.

Kylo being the supreme leader is a new status quo and everyone else that we know in the FO is afraid of him. Who would challenge him?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Was that the fucking death star?
Palpatine laugh?

giphy.gif

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Disney is going to put Star Wars on ice after this right? I know the Game of Thrones guys are making something. Also Rian Johnson has his trilogy. Idk, I just hope they actually have a plan for this stuff so it all doesn't feel disjointed. I'm fine if it's all standalone stuff but that's wishful thinking.
I think the "Episodes" are done for a while. It was 10 years between ROTS and TFA, and it might not be quite that long, but I could imagine more than a handful of years. Around 3 years for another standalone movie, or the start of a new series.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
You can't not type that and realize how condescending that is to say, and how unfathomably pretentious it is to assume that you know the "will of the people"..
Ok Then sorry if I sounded condescending.

All i'm saying is, i've seen this happen before, I pay attention to how fan-bases work its kind of the same shit. People don't change that much , and I feel like your original opinion is falling into the same traps.

I even said I could be wrong. I'm just saying I have seen it before.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I would've much preferred Luke's ROTJ outfit be the official jedi garb over the boring robes we got in the prequels.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Right can I just point out something here, about Palpatine possibly?

There was such thing as Sith Ghosts in Star Wars Cannon, Darth Bane appeared in Clone Wars and attempts to trick Yoda to join the Dark Side

FD33-D6-B9-5-AE9-4-E8-E-B39-F-DFEB9-CE30-C23.png

[Sith Ghost Darth Bane from Clone Wars - Voiced by Mark Hamill]

So whats the odds Palpatine is just a Similar ghostly apparition who is trapped in the ruins of Death Star 2 that Kylo goes to in an attempt to retrieve something? Most likely belonging to Darth Vader such as Vaders Lightsaber etc and disturbs the Ghost of Palpatine, or Rey heads to it, as she is being called by something or someone and she doesn't know who or what it is and much like Yodas encounter with Bane, so Palpatine attempts to stir up Dark Side feelings within Rey.

I spent some time to think about how this would make more sense than an actual clone or body jump etc.

Those aren't Sith Ghosts. Pablo explained in the past that they aren't. The Darth Bane was a hologram/illusion to scare people away.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think Rey will play the Ahsoka type of role like in Rebels, in the future episodic installments?
Like she will still be around but mostly as a supporting character.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think Rey will play the Ahsoka type of role like in Rebels, in the future episodic installments?
Like she will still be around but mostly as a supporting character.

I hope not. I don't want to see any old characters whatsoever in whatever new set of films come after. I want something fucking new.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those aren't Sith Ghosts. Pablo explained in the past that they aren't. The Darth Bane was a hologram/illusion to scare people away.
There are Sith Bound Essences though. A Sith can bind their essence/consciousness to an object or location of considerable Dark Side power to persist after death. They can even use powers when in close proximity to other people or even in the right circumstances recover their physical form from the netherworld of the Force.

We see this with Momin in the Vader comics and Presence in Rebels.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Did no one else take the 'Rise of Skywalker' title to be more ominous given how Ben is the last Skywalker and he's basically the evil antagonist of this movie? Dude, isn't coming back from the Dark Side. He made his life choice in the last movie. I don't think we have a Redemption arc going on here.
The only way I see the Skywalker tag as being a positive thing in this movie is if Rey turns out to be a Skywalker herself.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did no one else take the 'Rise of Skywalker' title to be more ominous given how Ben is the last Skywalker and he's basically the evil antagonist of this movie? Dude, isn't coming back from the Dark Side. He made his life choice in the last movie. I don't think we have a Redemption arc going on here.
The only way I see the Skywalker tag as being a positive thing in this movie is if Rey turns out to be a Skywalker herself.
I see it very likely that, as the final part of the "Skywalker Saga", the film will focus on the legacy of that name, i.e. a new Jedi Order named after Skywalker, lasting beyond any remaining people of the family.

QuantumZebra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I know he disappeared and Leia said he's gone and all that, but I still wonder if his fate could be open to interpretation.

I mean, if Palpatine is somehow alive then anything is possible.

No, not really.

There's still rules to the SW universe. Only Jedi/Light-Siders can become Force ghosts (and even then typically only those from the Qui-Gon Jinn tree). Luke rejoined the Force. He's gone, as far as corporeal form goes.

And Palps could have survived any number of ways - clones, faked death, essence transfer - all of which (and creation of life) are within the realm of possibility.

There are Sith Bound Essences though. A Sith can bind their essence/consciousness to an object or location of considerable Dark Side power to persist after death. They can even use powers when in close proximity to other people or even in the right circumstances recover their physical form from the netherworld of the Force.

We see this with Momin in the Vader comics and Presence in Rebels.

Good point.

In fact, they show the Death Star and then immediately fade to his cackling.

Could it be he tied his essence to the Throne Room/DS2 and found a way to come back, or influence the galaxy?

Oct 25, 2017
So is Kylo just okay going back to the status quo? I know he wanted to start his own thing with Rey but then just took over and did the same thing again. The first order just okay with this? Lol

My guess is that he's mainly concerned with not being told what to do or what to be. He's still an asshole who wants to rule the galaxy.
And I'm guessing that if Palpatine is coming back, Kylo's about to find himself being challenged in a big way.

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
Despite my better judgement perhaps, this teaser has me hyped. New Star Wars movies bring out the kid in me.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
I see it very likely that, as the final part of the "Skywalker Saga", the film will focus on the legacy of that name, i.e. a new Jedi Order named after Skywalker

Hmm, we'll see, I guess. The Jedi name is just too iconic and I don't see Rey deciding to just name the next generation of good Force users after the latest tyrant to ravage the galaxy, aka a Skywalker.
At most if she rebuilds the Jedi Academy Luke might get a statue or a wing named after him lol.

And I'm betting we don't see Palpatine as a Clone or Force Ghost. I mean, he learned how to conquer death in a fashion from Darth Plaguis. Even Darth Maul survived a fatal wound in Phantom Menace. And Sidious/Palpatine was exponentially more powerful of a Sith than Maul.
I'm excited we get more Sheev in this.
Without that laugh and Death Star ruin at the end, this teaser wouldn't have generated nearly as much hype.

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the weirdo title. Force Awakens and Last Jedi are pretty boring in retrospect. Last great title was The Phantom Menace, and Empire Strikes Back before that.

QuantumZebra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
real ones love TFA and TLJ

perfectly balanced, as all things should be

damn right

If JJ goes as batshit as im hoping he will we will see Kylo vs. Palpatine with Rey in the middle trying to figure out who to kill or join.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
That single shot with C3PO brings the waterworks.

His journey from the beginning all the way to the end.

I am so happy seeing C3PO and Chewbacca together again too.

C3PO goes on ONE LAST ADVENTURE :') !!!!

QuantumZebra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not doubting you, but where did that become canon?

The Jedi thing: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Force_ghost

This is most likely where Palpatine went if he's not straight up alive: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Transfer_essence

I mean for like...two days where she got two lessons that amounted to 10 minutes.

One of them was him defining the Force for her and the other was why the Jedi suck. It's really nothing. He didn't even train her really.

Did you seriously need a training montage to realize she was training longer than 20 minutes across 2 days?

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
I will say, less than a month ago I was reminded of this shitty game called Rise of the Argonauts and randomly thought "'Rise of ___' titles always sound hokey and generic so Episode IX will obviously be something more clever"

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
If Palpatine's ghost is on the Death Star, I hope he can possess his swivel chair.

Just constantly spins and never stops

I appreciate the weirdo title. Force Awakens and Last Jedi are pretty boring in retrospect. Last great title was The Phantom Menace, and Empire Strikes Back before that.

Yeah, the titles growing on me.

Also who even was 'the phantom menace ' ? Darth maul? The Sith ? Jar Jar ? We may never know.