• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
www.change.org

Sign the Petition

Continue Support for Star Wars Battlefront

Star Wars: Battlefront II is one of the greatest video game redemption stories of all time. From a disastrous launch to a complete success, the transformation of the game is inspiring to all Star Wars fans and gamers alike. Unfortunately, the game was cut short while still having so much potential for wonderful new content. New maps, heroes, skins, etc. are a must for this game. All those who sign this petition would be willing to pay for new DLC to keep this awesome game alive.

Save Battlefront II!

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone actually think this is going to work? I understand community feedback and Battlefront II have quite the history together, but I can't imagine they'll drop developing whatever they're working on next to come back to this.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
If it was the original Battlefront II then they would have my signature.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I have heard they've done a great job improving the game and it has a pretty good reception among the fans now. What a turnaround.

Not sure a petition will do much but hey, no harm in trying eh.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I mean I'd love them to do this but they will need to just go to a new game at this point I don't think this is making EA any money anymore

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone actually think this is going to work? I understand community feedback and Battlefront II have quite the history together, but I can't imagine they'll drop developing whatever they're working on next to come back to this.

Doubt.
But this shows turnaround that happened to the game.
People were rightfully asking for boycots back in 2017 and now, nearly 3 years later the game has a big community and they want more.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
As a complete aside... has a change.org petition on video games ever, ever, accomplished anything?

Deleted member 64517

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 14, 2020
I always thought they should of had premium hero packs alongside free maps. I would gladly pay for the likes of Padme, Ahsoka and Savage Oppress.

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
Why? The game was incredibly well supported, and the developer needs to move onto the next-gen title. The revenue on this game is probably nowhere close to being able to cover further development costs.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Doubt.
But this shows turnaround that happened to the game.
People were rightfully asking for boycots back in 2017 and now, nearly 3 years later the game has a big community and they want more.
It'd be an absolute dream to have more content, but there's no doubt that Battlefront III will happen so I'm happy to wait till then.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They aren't gonna stop working on BF6 unfortunately. They don't have a sister studio to develop content with, only for support I believe. And DICE LA is doing their thing.