• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This close to release I'm not so fast to try to debunk something, especially after the Ben Solo madness that everyone said was fake as it came out 2 1/2-3 weeks before TFA and everyone was so sure that Kylo's real name wasn't Ben.

Its just that the trailers/stills released show poe in his xwing over d'qar.

X-Wing.jpg

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
It is the same X-Wing, though.

DRwJgjT.jpg

edit: Also through my google image searching, I realized that Tallie Lintra most certainly bites it during this sequence as well.

Q5Le5tf.gif

Last edited:

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
This is from someone who has seen the 10 minute preview at Cinepolis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxuNiEJbRqA

It's in Spanish so here's a translator in spoiler tag:

Since I assume most readers don't speak spanish I'll describe what the woman in the video says: She explained that the footage (approximately 10-13 minutes) shows a space battle and is mostly centered around Poe and BB-8, and how Poe is trying to destroy "a gun inside of a big ship". She also says that Hux appeared in the scene and that there is a humorous bit with him (which she claims "felt like a Marvel movie" although she didn't describe the moment or specify why, and still said the humor throughout the scene was very funny). Then she mentioned that there's a new character who wasn't in the previous movie whose life is threteaned at one point in the footage shown and that the movie inmediatly makes you care about said character (most likely referring to Rose). She ended saying that "the destruction in the scene was massive" and that the special effects were great, and at the end started talking about something else but stopped because she didn't want to spoil the rest of the scene, so there's more going on in the scene.

This sounds completely different from what's been said before.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds more likely to me. Poe would be
trying to blow up the dreadnought and the character we are supposed to care about is probably Paige.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I just picked up more info from that same scene:

"What can I tell you about the scene? Remember there is a new director, Rian Johnson, and I can assure you that the film has lost none of the essence of Star Wars. The action is excellent and this is a film you need to see in IMAX. I already like this film more than Episode 7."

Well, the scene may be excellent and all, but better than the entirety of Episode 7? Hmm, I rather the full movie be revealed to make that claim, but it wouldn't surprise me if the movie ends up being better than Episode 7 overall.

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, she's not the only one spoiled through BtS.
Just so weird and stupid.
Honestly it kinda hurts my excitement overall.

Like I bought Tallie's A-Wing on Force Friday... nice.
Tallie's A-Wing is being added as a Hero Ship to Battlefront in December... pretty cool

Tallie is nothing and even has her death officially spoiled ahead... welp

What a freaking waste as far as inclusion in Battlefront is concerned.

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We don't know tallie is "nothing". She's seems to have a role to play early in the movie and possibly dies later in the hangar.

There are a lot of cool pilots who've died in star wars. No big deal.

Lizzy

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, don't believe that user. We know, from the footage and the leaks, that Rey and Kylo aren't teaming up -- which he suggests.

Lizzy

Oct 27, 2017
It's near the end of the film. Crait is the climax and happens after the Supremacy.

n8 dogg

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I saw in that post which you couldn't post based on just previews is the nun things are Scottish?

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I hope to god most of these are true!

Kylo is shown marching with stormtroopers on Crait. He doesn't turn or anything like that.
While true, we still don't know exactly what happens, in fact, it can go anywhere for all we know, though I'm very curious about how that scene will play out.

Lizzy

Oct 27, 2017
The dude is hinting that Rey and Kylo team up. It's not happening. She hates his guts and he doesn't like her. It ain't happening.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
The guy in that link also said it was better than The Empire Strikes Back...as if my hype for this movie wasn't high enough as it is!

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
The dude is hinting that Rey and Kylo team up. It's not happening. She hates his guts and he doesn't like her. It ain't happening.
Not so sure about this, I think he sort of identifies with her to a point. Otherwise, we was he trying so hard to relate to her when he was interrogating her and why did he offer to train her when they were fighting? I think there's something more there, on his side at least, than we think we know.

Lizzy

Oct 27, 2017
Not so sure about this, I think he sort of identifies with her to a point. Otherwise, we was he trying so hard to relate to her when he was interrogating her and why did he offer to train her when they were fighting? I think there's something more there, on his side at least, than we think we know.
"He hates her. This girl. This garbage picker. This amateur who somehow drew his family lightsaber to her hand, overpowering his own bond with the Force." http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/19/star-wars-kylo-ren-vs-rey-the-last-jedi/

As for the rest, he was desperate and his orders were to bring her in. Rey and Kylo teaming (or becoming romantically involved!) is bad storytelling based on what happened in TFA. C'mon now.

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like they proved the guy is full of shit on reddit.

I dont buy the Rey and Kylo "never resolve anything between them" angle. Him hating her for 3 movies is boring. Plus everything everything points to TLJ being the least black and white star wars movie so far.

It seems to me like they can find some common ground in both being rejected.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they proved the guy is full of shit on reddit.

I dont buy the Rey and Kylo "never resolve anything between them" angle. Him hating her for 3 movies is boring. Plus everything everything points to TLJ being the least black and white star wars movie so far.

It seems to me like they can find some common ground in both being rejected.
That sounds like a good thing about TLJ.

Anyways, I expect real spoilers in early-mid December, like from December 9th-13th if possible, probably on reddit and such.

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just think that having such a conflicted character never change is a huge waste. I find Kylo to potentially be the most interesting character in the new trilogy. I hope they take some risks with him and he doesn't just become the generic baddie.

This only makes sense if you haven't seen TFA and don't understand Rey's character.
I dont follow.

Im excited to see how much the trailers tricked us in 2 weeks.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
The guy in that link also said it was better than The Empire Strikes Back...as if my hype for this movie wasn't high enough as it is!

In 2015 people said TFA was better than ESB, and then in 2016 they said RO was better than ESB. So that's a dead comparison to make.

Also the r/StarWarsLeaks mods confirmed that guy's review is fake. No one has seen the whole movie unless they worked on it or starred in it. There's a very tiny list of people who have and he's not on it.

Lizzy

Oct 27, 2017
It's true! TFA doesn't have one of its main characters harassing someone else!

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I don't really remember people saying TFA was better than ESB, though I remember hearing it was one of the best since ESB. As for Rogue One, definitely remember that, I can't believe that!

Well, the movie is 2 weeks away, and next Saturday is the premiere in Los Angeles, so expect people to say something within hours to a day or so after that, assuming the social embargo lifts.

n8 dogg

Oct 25, 2017
ratings time leds

GREAT
1. ESB
2. ANH

VERY GOOD
3. TFA

PRETTY GOOD
4. RO
5. ROTJ

OKAY