• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jcdenton03

May 7, 2021
Never had the chance to play it. I have heard mixed reviews about it but never could play it myself. I'll clearly give it a try when I can.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Could you please tell me if there is hitching/stutters like in the last gen consoles. Also is the loading speed improved?
I'm really not the person to judge those things. These days loading is so fast in general that I've been spoiled. I can't really say without any form of measurements. And now it's back to work. I can only play so long during my lunch break.

pure

Jun 18, 2019
Germany
Okay I can confirm that you can just import your PS4 save without some weird upload/download system, provided the save is on the console you are playing.

I'm absolutely confused why other publishers did the whole upload/download thing.

Adan0s

Oct 27, 2017
Okay I can confirm that you can just import your PS4 save without some weird upload/download system, provided the save is on the console you are playing.

I'm absolutely confused why other publishers did the whole upload/download thing.

Ok, thats weird. Maybe sony has implemented a new way to import saves in newer SDK revisions? Good to know anyway, thank you.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah it takes two did this too. It shared saves across versions. I don't really get the whole download upload thing. Might be an engine thing like control

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

It's interesting for sure. But it could very well be that Sony offers some kind of standard/default saving system (which is compatible with PS5); but that it's also an option to implement a more customised version (which isnt compatible) and if you do that; it's up to the publisher/studio to make sure saves can be transfered accross.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried launching the game on my Series X and got a prompt that an upgrade is available. Downloading now - ~50GB.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
I hate to be pessimistic, but I feel like if the changes were dramatic EA would be doing more to promote this launch. Still, I'm interested to hear more once folks get their hands on it.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Still kinda wild to me they haven't acknowledged this yet lol

BoredLemon

Nov 11, 2017
I hate to be pessimistic, but I feel like if the changes were dramatic EA would be doing more to promote this launch. Still, I'm interested to hear more once folks get their hands on it.
Well, if there is no changes, then why bother? They already made an enhanced BC patch, and additional SKUs cost them money.

Dreathlock

Nov 3, 2017
Gave it a try on ps5. Solid 60fps with no hiccups on Bogano. Looking very solid. Shadows on characters look weird though.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Installing on Series X now.

Of course it says Series X/S enhanced, and the description states "optimised for Series X/S". Talk about barebones marketing even in the description.

pure

Jun 18, 2019
Germany
Trophies seem to pop when you meditate. I'm not 100% sure it was every PS4 trophy I had, but a lot activated.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Blah, the trophy unlock bugged out for me. Had platinum on PS4; when I loaded my save in PS5, it only unlocked 4 trophies:
  • Scan all enemy types
  • Discover 75 Force Echoes
  • Collect all chests and secrets
  • Find all of BD-1's encrypted logs

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I played a bit on my X and I see no difference between this and the back compat mode. The microstutters when traveling are still there, textures on ponchos/lightsaber switching menus still take about a second to load, and the performance mode is definitely lower res than the 30fps mode. Maybe it's just the back-compat version for now and it will be patched later?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
So on XSX at least (don't own the PS4 version) I can't see much of an upgrade over the prior 1440p patch. Still looks really soft compared to the game running at 4k on my PC. No 120hz mode either. And still has random stutters.

I guess PS5 will see an upgrade though as the prior patch was only 1080p there IIRC.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
LMAO

On ps5 the game has no mechanism to check if the game is fully downloaded yet, so if you try to load a mid-game PS4 save, the game just crashes

Oct 30, 2017
I selected purchase and download for free ps5 version. Came home and it had downloaded the PS4 version first. Whyyyy…why is this this default? Why would I want both versions of the same game???

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
With what I've heard so far it seems extremely cheeky of EA to be repackaging this as a next gen release.
But honestly I'm surprised this is the first BC enhanced title to simply be shifted to a new SKU and be sold on as something to different it's last gen version.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Blah, the trophy unlock bugged out for me. Had platinum on PS4; when I loaded my save in PS5, it only unlocked 4 trophies:
  • Scan all enemy types

This seems to be happening a lot lately with PS4 to PS5 versions - Saints Row The Third Remastered had a similar problem where only certain trophies unlocked.

It's possible as you play the game more will unlock, but it's hard to know.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
With what I've heard so far it seems extremely cheeky of EA to be repackaging this as a next gen release.
But honestly I'm surprised this is the first BC enhanced title to simply be shifted to a new SKU and be sold on as something to different it's last gen version.
Why? It's not like they're charging again for it, it's a free upgrade. At the very least it will take advantage of faster load times.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
  • Scan all enemy types
Was like that on it takes two as well. Just gave me one trophy for find all mini games and had to do the rest manually. Still the ones you unlocked are the time consuming ones at least