• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I am th only one who thinks this but in my opinion Titanfall 2 had better art direction and it was visually better looking game. Lighting on characters looks kinda meh and particle effects and explosions are kinda mediocre too.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Do we know if this is coming to Origin Premiere on day 1? I tend to not come back to single player games after beating them, so I'd be fine with just paying for a month of that.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This is very SW:
CHw1xPk.gif

Also how Titanfall 2 did it
Thanks for the reminder as I had completely forgotten about that.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't they just show this first!? Way more context.
Now i'm still not sure if i like that bland generic white guy protagonist but other than that sign me in.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I laughed when he knocked the heads together instead of doing some sort of stealth kill. Felt more Star Warsy that way though.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
I wonder if it's possible to polish animation/enemy hostility in less than 5 months? Then again, braindead AI could be easy difficulty.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
i really like that little alien dude's design and voice.
I do too, I think he looks great. But man them just standing there frozen waiting for you to go speak to them looked so lifeless. Hopefully in the final game they have them moving around the ship or at least working on something.
Same thing with the combat, man the enemies stand around doing nothing for way too long.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Looks like a better set than what they showed at EA play. But still not for me.

Seeing reactions on the first page
tumblr_nocsz1f5Q31tvhfueo2_400.gif

Watches gameplay video
giphy.gif

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Am I missing something here? This looks almost exactly like every single AAA cinematic action game.

I was hoping for a true Jedi Academy successor, instead I get this generic looking thing. I was expecting more from Respawn :/

ket

Jul 27, 2018
The protag seems totally fine (if not really gung-ho) with killing Stormtroopers lol

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Looks good. Not 100% sold on the combat or little bits and pieces but I'll definitely pick it up.

Lucasfilm need to stop trying to make Saw Gerrera happen.

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Pretty sure this is the easier difficulty level - here is hoping for more aggressive enemies. And yes, this looks better. It's Uncharted style Star Wars

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good but I'm hoping, like others are, that enemy AI is better on higher difficulty levels or something. One attacking you while others just stand and watch is really jarring.

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
This just looks so dull. Seems to be embodying the "something for everyone" but "perfectly forgettable" mantra that both EA and Disney follow.

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I hope they fix because its something I keep noticing, is when it goes to a new cut, their capes kind of "fling" to their default position.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
The game still looks really easy and braindead. I don't know if it's the difficulty or the game itself. The scout troopers on the bridge attack one for one and they wait a long time for attacking too.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I wouldn't expect an examination about the "immorality" of killing Stormtroopers in a Star Wars game

It's not the morality, it's how the game frames him as a naive Jedi who doesn't have much combat experience yet is completely fine with killing people. It's kinda funny in a weird way.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
When he does the wall running something doesn't feel right about it.

Overall something about the animations feels wrong to me, I'm not even sure what but there's something missing.

Also I wonder what contrivance they'll make up as to why nobody else has a handy shoulder android in the Star Wars universe, thats the problem with having to shorehorn these games into the timeline that leads into the original movies. But you can make a story for any time, so why even get weighed down with that, just make them after the original trilogy.

They're saying this is a metroidvania, if that's true I'll be game, but only in a sale.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
It looks fine, still very Metroid Prime / Uncharted which is a good thing but they also keep some of the old gen jankiness with the combat, models (those faces, they were great 10 years ago, for a AAA game with no big hardware restrictions you can do a lot more today) and animations.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Better than the reveal, but something about this game still comes across as behind the times.

Similarly to Days Gone, I feel like this game would have been rad in 2011, but simply looks dull now. Granted, DG is still somewhat enjoyable, and this probably will be decent at worst, but there is nothing exciting about this footage at all.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Faces look weird and some animations transitions aren't that smooth, but besides that it's looking good overall.

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Watch ROTJ.
Watch Clone Wars or Rebels.

It's a running gag.
That does not change my mind about it. Also, TCW and Rebels are outright ridiculous at times in their portayals of the action / humor. I still don't like it, especially when, like in this case, it could be done better. The animation just doesn't look forceful enough to give those guys a headache, let alone knock em out. But whatever.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I don't see much difference to the E3 gameplay.
Still very linear.
The AT-AT rail shooting passage in the beginning doesnt look very exciting.
I thought people talked about the game having more exploration based levels in which paths open up over the course of the playthrough like in Metroid.
I thought they would finally show that, if it even is like that.
Maybe i should finish watching lol, but the scripted sequence in the begininng didn't light my fire so far.

edit: ok so it's just a bit more puzzle solving than in the E3 cut, still not really that convinced

Last edited:

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remain very unconvinced. Rote traversal, on-rails turret sections? Really? in 2019? It looks dull visually, the main characters seems as interesting as every generic stormtrooper he kills, and the combat looks stiff.

Also lightsabers should cut or kill on contact. I will die on this hill. If you make a game with lightsaber combat and it doesn't cut or kill on contact, you already fucked up and should go back to the drawing board.

It just looks so uninspired man