• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I can finally get the plat tomorrow after the patch drops. I've had that bug where the bounty hunters won't spawn.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
It would be nice if they patched in some basic options like camera speed and some accessibility options, which would presumably be somewhat less time consuming than a full-blown photo mode.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice if they patched in some basic options like camera speed and some accessibility options, which would presumably be somewhat less time consuming than a full-blown photo mode.

Photo mode was probably being worked on long before the game shipped, just wasn't ready in time is my guess.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Some concept art of Cal and the 2nd Sister
ec07b15e3628cfdd55940cc72b42343873fd4fd2.jpg

93ff0b73786f7d8e6b18fb1f499d25438b001c48.jpg

Interesting that they went very far away from these super fantastical designs.

Oct 27, 2017
Some concept art of Cal and the 2nd Sister
ec07b15e3628cfdd55940cc72b42343873fd4fd2.jpg

93ff0b73786f7d8e6b18fb1f499d25438b001c48.jpg

Interesting that they went very far away from these super fantastical designs.

Not if you watched Rebels, the designs were already "chosen", for better or worse.

As far as robes go vs. ponchos, perhaps the ponchos were easier. In a sharp camera angle cut, another character doffs their robe practically off camera. Maybe next game.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they really couldn't use some of those designs for the Second Sister since they clash with the general design of the Inquisitors. They are killer designs, though.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Not if you watched Rebels, the designs were already "chosen", for better or worse.

As far as robes go vs. ponchos, perhaps the ponchos were easier. In a sharp camera angle cut, another character doffs their robe practically off camera. Maybe next game.
I mean it really says so much about how far realtime rendering has to go when the only time I can recall a character taking off clothing convincingly is one scene in Uncharted 4 and even in that scene there are tons of camera angle "cheats."

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
Got this as an early Christmas gift yesterday. The production values for this game are really nice! There's jankiness with some gameplay animations, but it's easily forgivable. So far, I feel like this channels Metroid Prime far more than anything else. I dig it!

Playing on PC. I'm surprised at how well it runs considering I'm still using a GTX 970 and Core i7 920. Both are overclocked, but I'm getting really good performance at 1440p.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Guys, can you tell me how far I am in the game?
I just beat the flying creature on Dathomir and got climbing gloves

Maso

Sep 6, 2018
Got my ass kicked more than I thought I would. Overall I had a lot of fun on Grandmaster. Sure it's not Metroid, Dark Souls, Sekiro, etc, but I'd still love to do replays of the game. The lack of cutscene skip is just incredibly demotivating though and keeping people from doing some short and sweet runs. It feels antithetical considering the type of games it draws major inspiration from. I really hope it's something that can be patched in and isn't a case of Force Skip not being canon.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Got my ass kicked more than I thought I would. Overall I had a lot of fun on Grandmaster. Sure it's not Metroid, Dark Souls, Sekiro, etc, but I'd still love to do replays of the game. The lack of cutscene skip is just incredibly demotivating though and keeping people from doing some short and sweet runs. It feels antithetical considering the type of games it draws major inspiration from. I really hope it's something that can be patched in and isn't a case of Force Skip not being canon.

Is it possible to learn this power?

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
I'm about 40 minutes into the planet after Dathomir. Can someone tell me how long I've got left? My Premier membership runs out on the 13th and I'm hoping I won't have to renew it to finish the game.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing this for a few days. It's a janky game, but very enjoyable so far. Went to Dathomir first and reached the weird dark robed man and the lightsaber thingie, then went to the other planet and I'm destroying everything in my path lol.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Playing the game over again right after I finished it has really increased my enjoyment. The game has some really odd quirks, and the combat takes getting used to, but after having mastered it, I'm absolutely wrecking people on my second time through. Game went from a 7 to an 8.5.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
Playing the game over again right after I finished it has really increased my enjoyment. The game has some really odd quirks, and the combat takes getting used to, but after having mastered it, I'm absolutely wrecking people on my second time through. Game went from a 7 to an 8.5.
I did retry a 2nd run on Jedi Master for a bit, haven't died a single time all the way to Kasshyk, then I just quit.
The mechanic is really easy once you've beaten the game.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Kashyyk trip 1 last night.

Most enjoyable level so far in my opinion, but all good will I had for it was erased when I got to the cutscene at the end of the level.

The entire cutscene, every time the camera jumped to a new shot, MASSIVE POP IN. Like characters would appear then their clothes and in the case of resistance fighters, their hats last.

Takes you right out of the experience...
I haven't felt this pulled out of the experience by cutscene pop in like this since Halo 2 on the OG Xbox. How is this possible in 2019 with a fully baked engine like Unreal 4 after these guys made GOTY 2016 Titanfall 2?

Playing on XOne X in "quality" mode pulling this shit....but hey at least we're getting a photo mode soon... Yay?

Last edited:

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to do some cleaning up with trophies last night but the performance on my pro being this bad is too much. I will patiently wait for another performance patch.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
New patch is available on PS4.

EDIT: wait, you can't adjust camera sensitivity? Not off to a great start. :|

Last edited:

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Playing on PC. I'm on my second planet and having a lot of fun. I'm thinking about switching the controls to a more Souls-like feel with block on LT, basic attack on RT and Force attack on RB, which should help with camera control during combat.

The production is fantastic and the Star Wars elements fit perfectly into this kind of game.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Finished the intro and made it to the ship. That was pretty fun. I'm a sucker for atmospheric rainy levels.

I felt I was doing pretty terribly against the first boss, but felt better when I realised she was always gonna kick my ass lol.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on PC. I'm on my second planet and having a lot of fun. I'm thinking about switching the controls to a more Souls-like feel with block on LT, basic attack on RT and Force attack on RB, which should help with camera control during combat.

The production is fantastic and the Star Wars elements fit perfectly into this kind of game.

Do it. Let's you attack without being locked on pretty easily. Just swapped ◼️ with R1 and 🔺with R2. Didn't change R2/Left trigger, since the way that power is used.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I'm struggling HARD with the late game boss
Trilla
Any tips on this one?

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for some feedback on this new patch on PS4 Pro.....wondering if any of the juttery jank has also been fixed along with what they announced

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Do it. Let's you attack without being locked on pretty easily. Just swapped ◼ with R1 and 🔺with R2. Didn't change R2/Left trigger, since the way that power is used.

That makes sense and would put it more in line with games like God of War 2018 and other games with this kind of play style. With the default controls it's hard to switch targeting while in combat. I'll definitely switch it tonight.

Just goes to show just how different the feel is between Soulslikes and DMC-style action games.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
That makes sense and would put it more in line with games like God of War 2018 and other games with this kind of play style. With the default controls it's hard to switch targeting while in combat. I'll definitely switch it tonight.

Just goes to show just how different the feel is between Soulslikes and DMC-style action games.

Yeah, this feels perfect when changed, but (IMO) something like Nioh works great using face buttons for attacks.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this would be a spoiler but just in case

So I didn't go to Dathomir until it was a story reason.

Does anything else happen if I decided to go to Dathomir first after leaving the first planet?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
More initial impressions:

Respawning....takes a while. It feels like last gen!

I don't know what an emitter is. I tried two and couldn't tell the difference. Is it the sound the lightsaber makes?

I got wrecked by a frog. Will come back to you another time you big green bastard.

I haven't encountered any bugs so far, which is nice. I have fallen to my death several times though, which is not just me being rusty at this kind of game (been playing nothing but strategy games on PC for months), but because the camera sensitivity is shit, and Cal moves a little weird.

Anyway, here's my first photo mode:

DApvX8h.jpg