• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Junior

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I played this game (MP) for over 7 years with a clan on PC. Unfortunately there's no one in our clan playing anymore but we still have a server running in JKA. I used to be addicted to lightsaber duels.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Campaign was nowhere close to being as enjoyable as Jedi Knight or Jedi Outcast, but I suppose the online was where the love was? I never spent much time with the mp on PC.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
My fav of the JK games.

Force-pushing people into bottomless pits in MP games was the best.

I rarely ever pick the evil option in games because it's typically just pointlessly edgy and dumb, but I've played through Jedi Academy a good half dozen times and I've never gone Light Side. The choice that leads to the Dark Side is just obviously correct.
This.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have this game on Xbox and PC so I'm quite happy to play it with the pad again. Sad thought JK2 is not there yet.

Btw does anyone know if the game support 16/9 wide-screen? According to Wikipedia yes but on my Xbox 360 only the main menu is wide-screen. In-game I have blackbars

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Magnificent game. I really liked the battles where you had to fight several dark jedis with different styles at the same time.

TyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I use to play the crap out of the multiplayer. Light saber duels for days. This is back in like early 2000's.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I have this game on Xbox and PC so I'm quite happy to play it with the pad again. Sad thought JK2 is not there yet.

Btw does anyone know if the game support 16/9 wide-screen? According to Wikipedia yes but on my Xbox 360 only the main menu is wide-screen. In-game I have blackbars
Looks like the 360 had loads of problems for this game. The multiplayer never worked on the 360 and that included splitscreen as well.

Wikipedia does mention that you can play with a 16:9 aspect ratio but we'll probably have to just wait and see.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The best saber combat ever. This game was phenomenal and I mourn over the days of Lucas Arts. I want EU games so damn badly.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Dear Disney.

This. This is the kind of Star Wars game I want.

Give me this game in a current engine (with mod support, I put thousands of hours into the Jedi Knight series on PC with various mods) and I'll give you all the money.

Captain Goodnight

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so sad that we're almost done with the 2010s and all we've basically gotten over the course of this whole decade are a few Lego Star Wars games, a half-assed battlefront game, a VR tech demo, and a full battlefront game mired with loot box controversies.

The 90s and early to mid 2000s was the golden age for Star Wars games, beginning with Xwing.

Xwing
Tie Fighter
Rebel Assault 1 & 2 (classic very early CD-ROM games)
Xwing vs Tie Fighter (so early to introduce MP action to Star Wars dogfighting......classic)
XWing Alliance
Shadows of the Empire
Rogue Squadron 1, 2, 3
Dark Forces
Jedi Knight
Jedi Academy
Galactic Battlegrounds

Even the Prequel movie game for Episode I was pretty fantastic.

My fondest memories come from playing XWing and learning how to lead targets using a real joystick, manage shields vs. lasers etc. Also, the day Dark Forces came out and was on the shelves was a glorious one. For its time, it was an amazing experience, particularly for a Star Wars fan.

So many great memories playing that game.......stealing the Death Star plans, diaognas, the varied forms of the Dark Troopers, Boba Fett cameo boss battle.

Then came the mods ---- Dark Forces was the first game that I played that spawned many great mods. One that stands out was The Ties That Bind ----- just an amazing set of levels. Also, Return to Bespin ---- very special experience with a fully fleshed out Bespin. Entering the carbon freeze chamber, going to the platform with the Slave I and finding a 1st form Dark Trooper there ----- just an awesome experience.

Star Wars fans deserve these kind of games again. It has been so long since we've gotten anything of substantial quality, and in particular, any that can be easily modded.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Ignoring all of the rest of the EU, that opening crawl makes way more sense than what they came up with for TFA.

Oct 26, 2017
This is the pinnacle of Jedi Academy right here.

Base JKA was good but Moviebattles 2 was sublime.

Best dueling system that I've ever played in a game, and the best part is that it's one hit kills while feeling fair at the same time.

I put more hours into that mod than I care to admit...

Yes. Not only the duels were great, I particularly loved how assymetric was the game in the jedis vs normal soldiers, the class variety, how instead of trying to balance everything they gave extra lives to the normal soldiers. Very wise choices. For me it was a blat play a normal dude and try to outsmart a jedi master and kill him.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
For some reason whenever I tried to install mods like MB2, my game would no longer work on my laptop. It would crash on loading levels or not allow me to click anywhere. Or bots wouldn't even appear.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason whenever I tried to install mods like MB2, my game would no longer work on my laptop. It would crash on loading levels or not allow me to click anywhere. Or bots wouldn't even appear.
It doesn't support bots and there's a bug that if you try to load a level locally while you have a custom resolution set it'll crash so it could be that.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I personally like Jedi Outcast more. But that has to do more with the premise. Kyle vs Artificial Force Users (Reborn and the badass Shadow Troopers) and a Dinosaur looking Dark Jedi. Ooo. So good.

Dude Jaden Korr is my favorite Star Wars character next to the Exile from KOTOR 2 lol. I was such a huge fan of him that I even bought the two books that were released about him!
I was happy to find out they actually put him in some books.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Non-X screenshots.

6kkTbp9.png

Smy9CCc.png
YdeZpOJ.png

VK8LWnk.png

rVj5Ofh.png

Last edited:

BimmyLee

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome OT. Loved this game on PC. I remember spawning dozens of Jedi and Sith and having massive fights on that Matrix level.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
JA never captured my attention like JK2. Modded JK2 servers that had the hacked taunt animations and ran Bespin Cloud City 24/7 with most of the force powers turned off: the jam. Some of the best MP memories of my youth.

Nov 27, 2017
I used to play this online all the time with my 'clan' the Rodian Knights! Best online game memories for me, great community, drama and friendship. Singleplayer is alright but multiplayer was the best.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay was fun but I found Rosh and Jaden completely unlikable. I preferred the combat in JK:O, but the siege mode on JK:A was soooooooooooo much fun. Good game.