• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Having a viewing party for Mandalorian on Thursday, I might wait to watch the first episode with the second.

radian8

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a lurker and have been for many years (incl old place) and just wanted to say how truly awesome you all are in this hangout. It's so damn refreshing to hear positive, fun, incredibly interesting and downright hilarious Star Wars stuff instead of the relentless onslaught of negativity everywhere else.
Seriously, thanks!

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Resistance Reborn Spoiler
When the book introduces Orrimaarko, I'm like who? Then they mention he has an eyepatch and was at the battle of Endor and I'm like PRUNE FACE!

I was listening to the audiobook when I got to that part and the narrator
actually made the "PRUNE FACE" voice from that Robot Chicken sketch, so that's how I knew it was him before the character even presented himself lol.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
it's a little surprising to see him still there. Two stars of The Last Jedi,Daisy Ridley and Kelly Marie Tran, quit social media because of all the abuse they endured from trolls, and Johnson has been the target of angry Star Wars fans who declare his contribution to be borderline sacrilegious. "I get leagues more positive stuff from Twitter than negative stuff," he says about his fan interactions online. "And in terms of experiencing some of the darker stuff, anyone who's online in 2019 who does anything — it's just part of the culture now." As for that darker stuff, if you Google "Rian Johnson petition," you'll find the following at change.org: "Fire Rian Johnson from writing and directing the new Star Wars trilogy"; a petition "demanding a remake of episode 8"; and a petition that simply aims, by some leverage as yet unclear, to force Johnson "to admit that The Last Jedi is awful."

Lmao. This has to be somebody from ERA.

edit: another confirm btw.

He's still in talks to write and direct three (!) more Star Wars films, and he recently

edit 2:

Knives Out: "Come for the grand cast, stay for a classical whodunit … Hilarity and sheer ingenuity … Goodness, what a delight."

"I'll take that," he says, warming to the exercise. "After the past few years, this feels good."

:(

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
e54f856e4733ef62fa469d387ab555d0.gif

Say it

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I get leagues more positive stuff from Twitter than negative stuff

This is quite good to see. Generally the negative minority will usually shine brighter because they tend to shout the loudest but it is just that, a minority. RJ is a treasure and I've loved every movie of his I've seen.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Resistance Reborn, I was a bit down on it at first but I really got into it about half way through. I do wish that Rey was featured more, though.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind it, I feel like her storyline would overshadow the Resistance building up again.
They could've had her helping out
Poe at the party, I think. She didn't have to stay on the Falcon and essentially be Episode I's Obi-Wan.

All the Poe and Finn stuff was cool, wanted that for my homegirl.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm a lurker and have been for many years (incl old place) and just wanted to say how truly awesome you all are in this hangout. It's so damn refreshing to hear positive, fun, incredibly interesting and downright hilarious Star Wars stuff instead of the relentless onslaught of negativity everywhere else.
Seriously, thanks!
Neat!

we're almost there y'all.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Seriously, thanks!
Welcome. Feel free to pipe in whenever. I lurked her for years and then slowly started posting. Now it's largely the only place I post just because it's a mostly comfortable, chill space to post while the TROS hype builds.

Pull up a chair. All the dudes and dudettes haven't kicked me out of here yet, so I'm sure everyone is welcome as long as you're not a butthole.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could've had her helping out
Poe at the party, I think. She didn't have to stay on the Falcon and essentially be Episode I's Obi-Wan.

All the Poe and Finn stuff was cool, wanted that for my homegirl.

I thought about that too but I felt like they were making it a point on how:

awkward and...well not outgoing (I might've chosen the wrong word) she may be, especially her scene with Leia and when she was at the dinner with Yendor and co. on Ryloth. Don't think she would've fit well in the party scene(s)

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Half of the OT's first page right now are STARWARS threads . What could it possibly mean ?

If people wont pace themselves we not gonna survive till late december .

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, thanks!

It's sad too, it's prime time to be a fan due to the content coming out but outside of here you'll just get the usual comments after a while

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I mentioned it before, but these SW threads are gonna keep coming. There is no other mainstream nerd event on the horizon. The MCU is between phases and there's no major comic book/fantasy/sci-fi event in sight.

For better or worse, Star Wars has the next few months all to itself in geek pop culture.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Resistance Reborn. Was a little disappointing. Was kind of expecting something to set up The Rise of Skywalker, and instead it felt like a side story to reconnect with characters from the books.

And Rey was barely in it.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Resistance Reborn. Was a little disappointing. Was kind of expecting something to set up The Rise of Skywalker, and instead it felt like a side story to reconnect with characters from the books.

And Rey was barely in it.
This is why I'm not going to get it, I was hoping for something like Labyrinth of Evil.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Seriously, thanks!
obi_cs2azx.gif

Glad you're here.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
That new episode of Resistance was pretty good just 'cus of the chicken people and batpig guy are really funny.

And, I mean, PFT in Star Wars? Yes, please.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
God damn, it's crazy how much the Mary Sue stuff got overblown. I'm rewatching TFA after like a year plus. You can argue that it's due to the falcon being old, but as soon as it takes off Rey almost crashes it. This comes after she's convincing herself, "I can do this", while trying to use her experience as a pilot and improvising how all the controls work.

As soon as they start flying, Finn shouts at her to stay low, because it confuses their tracking. Rey then says.. what? OK going low.

As they're flying, Finn again shouts at her "WE NEED COVER". She then looks for cover and sees crashed remains on the surface.

After Rey tells Finn to start firing back, he asks her "are the shields up?" She then throws the co-pilot switch to engage the shields.

She's constantly being aided as she pilots the falcon, but I honestly never heard this discussed even way back in the day.

She also drags the falcon on the ground, in the sand, during the chase and crashes into ship debris.

Clearly, she's also incredibly gifted and uses the Force to do crazy shit, like pilot inside of the destroyer and stalling out for Finn to line up his shot, but so much of this got ignored within all those arguments.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we going to spoiler tag Mandalorian stuff in here tomorrow? I won't even be able to watch until the afternoon

Unless...unless...I watched while at work...but...no...

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
God damn, it's crazy how much the Mary Sue stuff got overblown. I'm rewatching TFA after like a year plus. You can argue that it's due to the falcon being old, but as soon as it takes off Rey almost crashes it. This comes after she's convincing herself, "I can do this", while trying to use her experience as a pilot and improvising how all the controls work.

As soon as they start flying, Finn shouts at her to stay low, because it confuses their tracking. Rey then says.. what? OK going low.

As they're flying, Finn again shouts at her "WE NEED COVER". She then looks for cover and sees crashed remains on the surface.

After Rey tells Finn to start firing back, he asks her "are the shields up?" She then throws the co-pilot switch to engage the shields.

She's constantly being aided as she pilots the falcon, but I honestly never heard this discussed even way back in the day.

She also drags the falcon on the ground, in the sand, during the chase and crashes into ship debris.

Clearly, she's also incredibly gifted and uses the Force to do crazy shit, like pilot inside of the destroyer and stalling out for Finn to line up his shot, but so much of this got ignored within all those arguments.

Yeah pretty much all of this is an argument I've been having with one of my friends since its release, she isn't faultless or perfect, she gets by because of talent, motivation and a strong connection to the force guiding her along with the people around her

"Officer, we arrested this man at the border attempting to kill someone and steal their identity"

"Why?"

"So he could watch the Mandalorian on Disney+"

"................Yeah? Good"

They gotta catch me for that conversation
to even happen homie 😎

I am one with the force and the force is with me

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Are we going to spoiler tag Mandalorian stuff in here tomorrow? I won't even be able to watch until the afternoon

Unless...unless...I watched while at work...but...no...

giphy.gif

I am not watching until Saturday so I will have to leave you fine people for a few days after tonight. Just know, you are all a beacon of light in the darkness.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017

The hidden argument behind the Mary Sue argument is the rejection of genetic superiority, imo. How many people who use that term to describe Rey's prowess would have been satiated by Rey being a Skywalker genetically gifted with flight and skill?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone objects I'll edit it out, but this is a spoiler from Fallen Order that isn't a big spoiler for the game itself but I found it to be a pretty mind blowing link from the old EU to The Force Awakens.

Starkiller Base is Ilum, the snow planet with Yoda and Padme from the Clone Wars cartoon.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone objects I'll edit it out, but this is a spoiler from Fallen Order that isn't a big spoiler for the game itself but I found it to be a pretty mind blowing link from the old EU to The Force Awakens.

Starkiller Base is Ilum, the snow planet with Yoda and Padme from the Clone Wars cartoon.

I FUCKING KNEW IT

This was heavily implied in the Ahsoka novel a couple years ago but wasn't confirmed.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL

That makes so much sense now. Dang.

Status
Not open for further replies.