• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
There were plans for a more "formal" dine in spot probably closer to like a dinner and show:
star_wars_land_12-990x556.jpg

GE_Sitdown_SWGE_1.jpg

I can't find images of the supposed spot but apparently where it would be is still open for it if they were to go back to it, which they most likely will as they have done something similar with Toy Story Land (opening the land and then about a year and half later open a new dining option there).
Okay THAT looks pretty rad

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Oct 27, 2017
did anyone...when watching the movie... realize and get really sad that oscar isaac would have made an amazing indiana jones and that he'll never get cast in that movie

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
did anyone...when watching the movie... realize and get really sad that oscar isaac would have made an amazing indiana jones and that he'll never get cast in that movie
Honestly, Oscar Isaac could play any franchise character. Indiana Jones, James Bond. Heck, we could have cast him as Young Han Solo and we probably all would have been okay with him playing Han and Poe!

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they also ditch most of the "in-universe" names for the Galaxy's Edge food and drink?
Recently, yes. They still have some flavor words added in IIRC but many of the names became more mundane. Which disappoints me but I guess the average joe from kentucky gets absolutely dumbfounded by anything more complicated than a hot dog.

Edit: Whoops, I was a few posts behind and I see this was already well answered.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I come back from doing other stuff to these Obi Wan rumors. Don't know if I should be scared or not.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
My shot in the dark with zero information: there was some kind of change or reshuffling in production, maybe filming dates or studio space for a certain time were cancelled as a result, and then got filtered back through the rumor mill as production being altogether cancelled.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Hoping for the best for Obi Wan. If Ewan decided he's not interested or he wanted to pursue another project, then I wouldn't blame LF for aborting. He is the sole reason anyone wants that show.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
f change or reshuffling in production, maybe filming dates or studio space for a certain time were cancelled as a result, and then got filtered back through the rumor mill as production being altogether cancelled.

Curious if Deborah Chow is involved somehow? She's supposed to direct the whole thing, right? Could be scheduling things with her, too and Ewan wants to be comfortable. Who knows?

My money is on Ewan trying to get Mary Elizabeth Winstead a role! Power couple wants to continue to keep working together and get that double money.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My shot in the dark with zero information: there was some kind of change or reshuffling in production, maybe filming dates or studio space for a certain time were cancelled as a result, and then got filtered back through the rumor mill as production being altogether cancelled.

This is what I'm guessing too. Most of the Star Wars leakers seem to have connections and ears on the ground at Pinewood, and I'm betting they heard about filming being delayed or cancelled there (was supposed to start this summer) and panicked. It could mean the show is cancelled, delayed, or something else, but would explain their cryptic concerns while not elaborating on what it means.

Oct 25, 2017
If you had two equally reliable sources, one saying canceled and the other not canceled, chances are it's the canceled. There are way more reasons someone would say it's not canceled when it really is, like they have an interest in protecting the narrative that things are running smooth when they're not, or they just don't know it's canceled yet even though they think they should know.

I really hope it isn't though.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The way some in this thread are so quick to believe any negative rumor and trash Lucasfilm....is sad. Don't follow the lead of toxic people.

Rumor was squashed. Breathe. If what you are typing could also be said by Geeks and Gamers...yeesh.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I have always defended KK, I felt like the backlash against her was always unwarranted.
But if, and when, this news comes out that Kenobi is canceled, then there needs to be a new head of Lucasfilm.

it is insane.

The main backlash is from manchildren who didn't like what they did to Luke Skywalker in The Last Jedi. That will always be complete horse shit.

I think there DOES come a point where enough projects keep going to shit where it's like... ok what's the fucking problem here?

curb

Oct 27, 2017
I've got Solo on now and am reminded of how much I like this movie. It's not the best of the Disney era films but I find it a lot of fun. Even having not liked TRoS, I've been very happy overall with Lucasfilm's output since the acquisition.

I also started to listen to my Aftermath Life Debt audio book. I'm not absolutely loving it but it's been decent enough to keep going.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Lucasfilm has been messy, but it's really hard to go from a studio making 0 films to one making multiple ones in the same universe. Marvel was really messy in the beginning too. In April 2006, they announced their initial slate as a studio:

Iron Man, directed by Jon Favreau
Captain America, written by David Self
Ant-Man, written and directed by Edgar Wright;
Nick Fury, written by Andrew Marlow
Thor, written by Mark Protosevich
The Incredible Hulk, written by Zak Penn

Iron Man did end up being released on time and directed by Jon Favreau, though finding writers willing to work on it was quite hard.
David Self did not end up writing Captain America.
Edgar Wright did not write or direct Ant-Man and it wouldn't be released for 9 years.
Nick Fury never happened at all.
Thor was written by Mark Protosevich, but not before he was replaced and then came back.
The Incredible Hulk did end up being written by Zak Pen, but actor Edward Norton rewrote much of it, some during filming.

In 2008, the same weekend Iron Man came out, Marvel gave an update on their movies.

Iron Man 2 would come out on April 30th, 2010 and would feature the first appearance of Thor.
Thor would be directed by Matthew Vaughn and would come out on June 4th, 2010.
The First Avenger: Captain America would release on May 6th, 2011.
The Avengers would release in July 2011.
Ant-Man was still being developed by Edgar Wright.

Iron Man 2 did not end up releasing on April 30th, though to be fair it was only bumped a week. It also did not feature Thor and recast James Rhodes. Emily Blunt was originally cast as Black Widow but had to back out after Fox exercised an option to have her make Gulliver's Travels.

Matthew Vaughn rewrote Thor, then left the project. Marvel flirted with Guillermo Del Toro to replace him, but Del Toro turned it down to work on The Hobbit. The movie would end up being delayed by a year.

Captain America emerged relatively unscathed. It got delayed by a couple of months and got a small title tweak.

The Avengers was delayed a year after Joss Whedon was hired and threw out the existing script telling Marvel they had "nothing." The Hulk was also recast.

Phase 2 was better but still a little messy. Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy went fine and Ant-Man had no additional troubles. But Thor: The Dark World and Avengers: Age of Ultron still had issues.

Thor: The Dark World was originally set to be written by Don Payne and directed by Brian Kirk and release on July 26th, 2013. Kirk backed out and Patty Jenkins was hired and the movie was delayed until November 2013. Then two months after she was hired, Jenkins left. The part of Fandral was recast because the original actor Josh Dallas had a conflict. So Zachary Levi, who would have played the part in the first Thor if he hadn't had a conflict with his show Chuck, took the role.

Joss Whedon had a miserable time on Avengers: Age of Ultron, chafing under all the studio-mandate bits he had to include. Captain Marvel was set to appear in the movie at one point, but it took so long to cast her that she was eventually cut. A shot at the end of the movie was meant to include her but was changed to feature Scarlett Witch instead. Speaking of which, Whedon had to redo the backstory of Scarlett Witch and her brother Quicksilver since they were mutants in the comics and 20th Century Fox owned the film rights to mutants.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
The MCU only started being consistently great in 2016 with Civil War. The Last Jedi kind had a disadvantage being compared to movies like Ragnarok and Infinity War.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
^right, for as much praise as Marvel (largely deservedly imo) gets, their firsr several years were far more tumultuous and not creative friendly as Lucasfilm's has been. Seems like Ike Perlmutter was a major factor on that front and things became noticeably better and more stable when Feige was given full command of the ship, but still.

I think also the extent to which Marvel is praised for having years of movies planned out in advance compared to LFL is seriously over exaggerated. For instance, the only reason Thanos was introduced into the MCU in the first place wasn't to set up this Infinity War/Endgame grand plan but because Whedon wanted to have some big bad behind the first Avengers and threw out Thanos' name without any other thought behind it.

Anyway. I hope they pull the trigger on these Taika + High Republic announcements soon!

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I honestly think that TROS was the only "not good" one we've had. I've enjoyed the rest of everything - even Resistance has its moments. I think now that we've moved past the Skywalkers and hopefully they've seen the issue with trying to please certain kinds of people, we might get some more interesting things going. I'm really looking forward to the High Republic and possibly exploring the Outer Rim and Unknown Regions. I'm really hoping the Sabine/Ahsoka show takes off too. I loved Rebels.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering about something timeline related.

FO takes place around 5 years (I think) after Order 66. Solo takes place sometime between RotS and ANH, presumably earlier than later. At the end of Solo, Maul tells Qi'ra to meet him on Dathomir. I'm wondering which comes first. Could Crimsom Dawn still be on Dathomir during the time FO takes place. I can't recall if Rebels mentions anything about how Maul loses his criminal empire.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering about something timeline related.

FO takes place around 5 years (I think) after Order 66. Solo takes place sometime between RotS and ANH, presumably earlier than later. At the end of Solo, Maul tells Qi'ra to meet him on Dathomir. I'm wondering which comes first. Could Crimsom Dawn still be on Dathomir during the time FO takes place. I can't recall if Rebels mentions anything about how Maul loses his criminal empire.

Solo takes place nine years after ROTS, four years after Fallen Order, and ten years before ANH. So Crimson Dawn could be on Dathomir at the time, it's unclear. We don't really know.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obi-Wan Kenobi Cancelled After Referring to Tusken Raiders as "Sand People"

TATOOINE, OUTER RIM -- Esteemed Jedi Master in exile Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi was cancelled on Twitter today after it was revealed that he referred to Tusken Raiders by the derogatory epithet "sand people," sources confirmed. Kenobi was speaking to his friend Luke Skywalker in the Jundland Wastes following an alleged assault when he was overheard saying that "The sand people are easily startled, but they'll soon be back, and in greater numbers."

Kenobi attracted further controversy when he attempted to apologize by claiming that his choice of words was due to having grown up in "a more civilized age."

Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin tweeted "Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi's Twitter influence, and it will soon see the end of the Rebellion."

At press time, Kenobi had lost over 2000 Twitter followers, and his Patreon account had been shut down by the Empire. Opinions on his cancellation differed. User @biggsdark1light2 tweeted "Old Ben Kenobi was an upstanding member of Tatooine society, and he was quoted completely out of context. This cancel culture has gotten out of control!" while user @docaphra tweeted "I hope that old kook has some dope Jedi artifacts in his house that I can steal."

curb

Oct 27, 2017
Solo takes place nine years after ROTS, four years after Fallen Order, and ten years before ANH. So Crimson Dawn could be on Dathomir at the time, it's unclear. We don't really know.

Interesting. I kinda hope Respawn doesn't put those two together. I don't think I need Maul in a FO sequel.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I kinda hope Respawn doesn't put those two together. I don't think I need Maul in a FO sequel.

I'm not even sure what Fallen Order 2 might be about. Cal isn't going to join the Rebellion, that's too easy, but he might cross paths with Ahsoka. As I recall, the Inquisitors began to track down Force sensitive babies even without the holocron. Maybe Cal will be less hunted, more hunter as he tries to stop them.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even sure what Fallen Order 2 might be about. Cal isn't going to join the Rebellion, that's too easy, but he might cross paths with Ahsoka. As I recall, the Inquisitors began to track down Force sensitive babies even without the holocron. Maybe Cal will be less hunted, more hunter as he tries to stop them.

I like that idea. I definitely think the Inquisitors should be involved.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

Cal interacting with Q'ira/Crimson Dawn would be the next best thing to the Crimson Dawn D+ show I really want.