Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker
James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan Kenobi
Dee Bradley Baker as Captain Rex and other clone troopers
Sam Witwer as Darth Maul
Tom Kane as Yoda
Terrence C. Carson as Mace Windu
Catherine Taber as Padmé Amidala

jXuZkc6.png

Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 7 will air one episode a week on Disney+ starting on February 21. Season 7 consists of twelve episodes split across three story arcs.

The first arc, episodes 1-4, follows a group of experimentally augmented clone troopers known as the "Bad Batch."

The second arc, episodes 5-8, follows Ahsoka Tano in her post-Jedi life as she meets new friends and enemies in the underlevels of Coruscant.

The final arc, episodes 9-12, features the long-awaited Siege of Mandalore, as Ahsoka is reunited with Anakin and travels to Mandalore to liberate it from Darth Maul.

Episode 1: "The Bad Batch" (February 21)
Captain Rex and the Bad Batch must infiltrate an enemy base on Anaxes.
Episode 2: "A Distant Echo" (February 28)
Anakin Skywalker, Rex, and the Bad Batch make a shocking discovery on Skako Minor.
Episode 3: "On the Wings of Keeradaks" (March 6)
After their escape, Anakin Skywalker and the clones defend a local village.
Episode 4: "Unfinished Business" (March 13)
Anakin Skywalker and the Bad Batch attempt to gain a victory for the Republic.

Episode 5: "Gone With a Trace" (March 20)
Ahsoka befriends a pilot but must hide her Jedi past while trying to stop a dangerous droid.
Episode 6: "Deal No Deal" (March 27)
Trace makes a rash decision after learning what they are transporting is for the Pyke Syndicate.
Episode 7: "The Dangerous Debt" (April 3)
Taken prisoner by the Pykes, Ahsoka and the Martez sisters attempt to escape.
Episode 8: "Together Again" (April 10)
Ahsoka bargains for the sisters' freedom and makes a startling discovery.

Episode 9: "Old Friends Not Forgotten" (April 17)
Anakin and Obi-Wan must decide whether to help Ahsoka pursue Maul or rescue Palpatine.
Episode 10: "The Phantom Apprentice" (April 24)
Ahsoka and Republic forces confront Maul on Mandalore.
Episode 11: "Shattered" (May 1)
After capturing Maul on Mandalore, Ahsoka's journey to the Jedi Council is disrupted when Order 66 is declared, turning her world upside down.
Episode 12: "Victory and Death" (May 4)
Ahsoka and Rex must use their wit and skills to survive the turbulent end of the Clone Wars.

KeZwhfz.png

I've never watched this show, but I know there are a lot of episodes. Are any skippable? Is there a watch order?
With the caveat that I always recommend watching every episode of a show, it is true that there exist recommended episode lists for people who do not want to binge all 121 episodes of the show. This popular image guide lists episodes from the first five seasons that are commonly recommended in order to watch the primary storylines of the series. Be sure to watch both the recommended episodes and the honorable mentions. I also made a thread with a similar but even more slimmed down episode guide for people with even less time who want only the essentials.

I haven't watched any of this series but I want to jump right into season 7. Is this doable?
Probably, but it's not recommended. The Clone Wars is an anthology series, so you can technically just watch season 7 standalone, but you'll be missing a lot of character-building and development from earlier seasons. But yes, technically, as long as you've seen the movies you won't be completely lost.

When is this taking place in relation to Episode III?
As with previous seasons, the first eight episodes take place during the eponymous Clone Wars prior to Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. However, the last four episodes actually take place immediately before and during Episode III, and the trailers indicate that we'll be seeing at least one scene from that film (a Jedi Council meeting) remade in animated form. The extent to which the final episodes cross over with Episode III remains unknown.

How is Darth Maul alive?
Watch the show.

Will we be seeing Order 66?
Almost certainly.

Will this season be connected to the Mandalorian?
Probably not, but it's possible there will be an easter egg of some kind.

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started reading the Ahsoka novel. Which mentions the Mandalore battle and fight with Maul.

Seeing her dealing with survivors guilt is interesting.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe this is happening. Always down for more Ahsoka.

The Siege of Mandalore is going to be hype.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
its been too long since I watched Clone Wars.. I want to bring my 8 year old daughter up to speed. Do you guys have a good watch list? from Pilot on? We don't need to watch every episode.

super hyped.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
One ~23 minute episode a week is rough. Will likely wait and do two at a time every other week.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
its been too long since I watched Clone Wars.. I want to bring my 8 year old daughter up to speed. Do you guys have a good watch list? from Pilot on? We don't need to watch every episode.

super hyped.
Can't find the link, but Disney released their "watch these episodes in preparation for Season 7" List. It was fairly short, ~10-15 episodes I think

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
This and Mandalorian have more than made up for Rise of Skywalker, it's like the law of equivalent exchange

Ashok

Jan 24, 2019
Wow it sounds like I need to hurry up and catch up on this. I always loved the OT, prequels (even if they were a bit uneven), Timothy Zahn novels, and KOTOR. I think I was about to try to catch up on Clone Wars a few years back, then Episode 7+8 happened and pretty much killed my interest in Star Wars. :"( I might try to catch up on this tho, everything about it sounds great from this thread!

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I just finished catching up with this show. It was amazing. Way better than I remembered. I cannot wait for the final season!

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Super excited! I rewatched about 25% of the episodes to refresh my memory on all of the Mandalore, Darth Maul and Ahsoka history, as well as Domino squad. I also watched the Ventress storyline and read Dark Disciple (for the first time) just because.

I haven't watched the Bad Batch animatics so it will be brand new. From the trailer the concept reminds me a lot of Republic Commandos.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
I'm almost ready!! This show really hit its stride around season 3 and season 4 and onward are such an improvement in animation and storytelling. Started season 6 and just finished the first arc.
RIP Fives :(

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
This thread is pertinent to my interests. lol. Just recently went through what's currently available for the first time and I was blown away by the show by the time I had finished it. Between the movie and the early episodes it starts off fine enough but man did this show find its groove or what? Imagine thinking Anakin Skywalker could be a good character? The films certainly did little to make me think this was possible. And Ahsoka Tano, what a great character!

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I enjoyed the show, but I am really wondering why they want to revisit this (besides "sell more toys").