BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Will update this video with the official Star Wars channel video when it's up.

This season will feature 12 episodes consisting of what appear to be three story arcs. The first story arc is the "Bad Batch" arc that was previously released as unfinished animatics in 2014. The second story arc follows Ahsoka investigating a Pyke Syndicate conspiracy in the Coruscant underworld. The third and final story arc involves Ahsoka reuniting with Anakin and Obi-Wan as they lay siege to Maul's occupation of Mandalore -- events occurring concurrently with Episode III, and the last time Ahsoka will see her master before he is consumed by the dark side.

The full cast from the series will return, including Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker, Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano, James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Tom Kane as Yoda, Dee Bradley Baker as Captain Rex and the clone troopers, Terrence Carson as Mace Windu, Catherine Taber as Padme Amidala, Matthew Wood as General Grievous, Sam Witwer as Maul, and Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan Kryze.

Three clips from the season were also shown:

The season will be released on Disney+. No release date was announced, so I'm guessing early 2020.

(Note: the onscreen graphic describes this as "season six." It's unclear what they consider the season released on Netflix in 2014, which was titled "The Lost Episodes." Perhaps that season will be folded in with these new episodes to form a complete season)

Last edited:

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping they would use the Resistance art style, but this is at least an improvement on the looks of Rebels

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One of my favorite Star Wars anything ever. This show is so fucking good, I can't believe how dark and twisted it got at the end, super gritty - Juts like how I like my Star Wars.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd gone with one of the stories that wasnt already covered in the Clone Wars Legacy project, but Bad Batch probably helped keep the budget down.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd gone with one of the stories that wasnt already covered in the Clone Wars Legacy project, but Bad Batch probably helped keep the budget down.

I think the Bad Batch show up during the Siege of Mandalore, so they needed to finish those episodes so that people would know who they are.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I wonder if this season will end with Order 66 or if we'll get another season (I know they've already said that this is the very final season but you never know) ending in that? I always assumed the Clone Wars show would end with Ahsoka's perspective of Order 66.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if this season will end with Order 66 or if we'll get another season (I know they've already said that this is the very final season but you never know) ending in that? I always assumed the Clone Wars show would end with Ahsoka's perspective of Order 66.
Her novel actually covered this and some of the arc that's happening here and they do show that, so it'll probably get adapted into this.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's got a lot to live up to with the tartakovsky series but I enjoyed it enough to be happy it's getting closure

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Her novel actually covered this and some of the arc that's happening here and they do show that, so it'll probably get adapted into this.
Oh that's awesome I didn't know there was a novel actually. I really loved her reappearance in Rebel's so I'm glad we get to see another part of her life, another piece of the puzzle on screen.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Also Ray Park will be doing the choreography and motion capture for Maul's big fight with Ahsoka, which is fantastic!

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The Siege of Mandalore ends with Order 66. The Ahsoka novel covered some of the ground that this episode will cover, but we've known for a long time that Filoni and Lucas's original plan was to end TCW with the Mandalore battle and Order 66.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
because its such a pretty garbage!

meet-the-aces-star-wars-resistance-tall-2.jpg

giphy.gif

I'll be happy with this but updated thank you ...

tenor.gif

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Any chance we'll get an additional season with Son of Dathomir?

It's all I wanted. Also that Boba storyline they showed at one of the events a few years back.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Love how every Star Wars thread becomes about shit talking other stuff in Star Wars...

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
The panel for season 2 will be tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not as enthused about Resistance as I am about TCW.

oh, definitely. I didn't even finish Resistance, I just really like the way it looks (which clearly is not a popular opinion lol)

Ahsoka is like my favorite character in Star Wars, so anything featuring her is top hype for me

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao they made her a Jedi again for her then to not be a Jedi in Rebels? Why.

She's still not a Jedi, Anakin just gave her lightsabers to use in the coming battle since she did train with them most of her life. From what I remember in the Ahsoka novel, I think she leaves these behind on Mandalore before later getting white ones.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Man, so many shows coming back from the dead these days. I love this trend. Hopefully LOST is next.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's still not a Jedi, Anakin just gave her lightsabers to use in the coming battle since she did train with them most of her life. From what I remember in the Ahsoka novel, I think she leaves these behind on Mandalore before later getting white ones.
yeah it looks like the ones Anakin gives her was her old ones that he did some tweaks to. In Rebels she has a completely new design

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, she buries her lightsabers to make it look like she died. She gets her new kyber crystals from an Inquisitor she kills and then purifies the crystals so they turn white.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Right. She joins them for the Siege and Anakin gives her lightsabers for the battle, but once Order 66 happens she fakes her death and ditches the lightsabers. She doesn't get new ones until after she kills an Inquisitor a year later.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, my husband and I were just talking yesterday about how we wish they had been able to finish that season. We are so stoked.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Looks amazing, this made me want to rewatch the series and I just learned it is no longer on Netflix in Canada.

: (