Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also states post-production is complete. Less then a month away now.

Shorter then The Last Jedi which clocked in at 2 hours and 31 minutes. Which only leaves the logical conclusion it's going to terrible because the longer the better right?!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/star-wars-9-rise-skywalker-runtime-confirmed/amp/
Unbelievable that appalling Canto Bight segment got as much time as it did. Had to skip it altogether on my rewatch.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I refuse to watch any movie longer than two hours. It's absolute bullshit when they make movies over two hours and there's literally not a single story that can't be told properly in ninety minutes.

If a director can't fit the whole thing in less than two hours that's an obvious sign of a bad filmmaker. Embarrassed for him.

I made that rule for myself twenty years ago and I've never been steered wrong.
Does watching a movie at 2x speed make the director and film twice as good?

Oct 26, 2017
I refuse to watch any movie longer than two hours. It's absolute bullshit when they make movies over two hours and there's literally not a single story that can't be told properly in ninety minutes.

If a director can't fit the whole thing in less than two hours that's an obvious sign of a bad filmmaker. Embarrassed for him.

Oh so that's why Chief only got 3 missions

<3

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well that was quite the thread de-rail.

As for Star Wars, I hope I ties everything up well! I could go for a three hour show, but as long as it is well paced I will be excited.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good if the last film hadn't wrapped up so many threads...I'm optimistic but sort of feel like if they're bringing back Sheeve they should go the Deathly Hallows/Hunger Games route so we get more out him :(

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
It somehow seems long but not long enough at the same time. They have to cram so much into this movie if they want a satisfying conclusion.

Oct 25, 2017

classic

Oct 26, 2017
This must explain Halo 5's campaign.

source.gif

Dec 12, 2017
As The Mandalorian has proven, you can tell a compelling story in a shortened run time.

Besides, 2 hours and 21 minutes is plenty of time.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Shorter than TLJ is good, that one felt its length for me.

Granted, a movie's pacing doesn't have everything to do with its length, there's long movies that are well paced and short movies that drag, but it is rarer for a long movie to be well paced than a short movie that's badly paced from my experience.

JJ does a pretty good job with pacing in his movies I find, so I'm hoping this won't feel like a long movie in the end.