• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
This is exactly what I want from decades old IP: a new and clever take on the property. More of this, please.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Just because I don't like anime doesn't mean I'm racist. I don't like the style. It's not for me. People like different things, and that's ok. I don't care for a lot of animation period.

Racist? I love martial arts, practiced for 30 years. I started in Kung Fu, took Chinese for two years in college to enhance it, wanted to move there to be immersed in their culture.
I love samurai movies and swordsmanship, Eiji Yoshikawa's Musashi is one of the best books I've ever read.
The Book of Five Rings is literally the basis/philosophy of one of the weapon styles I have an instructorship in and practice daily.
I also study Filipino martial arts, and borrow elements from Kubudo and Wushu in my weapon flow. Interconnected rings flowing together around the body applies to every style, weapon or empty hand.

No, I don't dislike Japanese people or culture, far from it.

No, I'm not racist because I don't like anime.

Huh.

A new copypasta is born

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i found it weird
like it looks like a cycle of great, then ok, then bad

the bad scenes i found are usualy some 3d ones that look very noticeable, also there's some difference in artstyles sometimes very detailed some times more simplist (neither are bad)
it reminds me of dragon ball super where there were episodes that looked great, some ok and some that do not. but this is just my impression of the trailer idk if its like that or not.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some of these look really cool, some look really bad. Overall I hope the package is worth it.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
i found it weird

the bad scenes i found are usualy some 3d ones that look very noticeable, also there's some difference in artstyles sometimes very detailed some times more simplist (neither are bad)
it reminds me of dragon ball super where there were episodes that looked great, some ok and some that do not. but this is just my impression of the trailer idk if its like that or not.
It's all different studios hence the different artstyles.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
ignoring the bunch that practically reads like "i have X friends"

WHAT STYLE, specifically??

how can you say you dont like the style

when there would be 9 differents styles on this series due to multiple studios working on it?
Was about to say there isn't an anime "style", just like there isn't a single "animation" style, but you said it better than I could

EAkV8UO.png

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i found it weird

it is differente studios animating different episodes with their own styles.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
... should I watch Animatrix?

It's getting mentioned a lot here.

This looks cool as hell and is the approach I wish Disney took from the off rather than more skywalker stuff.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
As a massive weeb I am much more excited by this than most of the Star Wars stuff we have had over the last few years

One of those sequences looks extremely like Promare in style, so I assume that Studio Trigger is involved

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Looks great. That remix too.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
As much as the idea of (the bad parts of) anime fandoms and star wars fandoms overlapping is...

That shit looks fucking dope.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
YES NEW SHIT YEEEEEEEESSSSS

I can't wait for dumb fans to make essays and diagrams explaining why anime weapons don't make sense in a real battle of tangible light swords

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just because I don't like anime doesn't mean I'm racist. I don't like the style. It's not for me. People like different things, and that's ok. I don't care for a lot of animation period.

Racist? I love martial arts, practiced for 30 years. I started in Kung Fu, took Chinese for two years in college to enhance it, wanted to move there to be immersed in their culture.
I love samurai movies and swordsmanship, Eiji Yoshikawa's Musashi is one of the best books I've ever read.
The Book of Five Rings is literally the basis/philosophy of one of the weapon styles I have an instructorship in and practice daily.
I also study Filipino martial arts, and borrow elements from Kubudo and Wushu in my weapon flow. Interconnected rings flowing together around the body applies to every style, weapon or empty hand.

Huh.
"I'M NOT RACIST AGAINST JAPAN"
Ok-
"BECAUSE I STARTED KUNGFU AND LEARNED CHINESE"

bruh

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Some of these look amazing like Lop & Ocho and others look kinda eh.

Imaishi's one just looks stupid.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This has my interest.

Huh.

Bookmarking this for future meme potential

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
Eh. I think this made more sense with the animatrix, but this could be good. Or at least interesting. Of course it's gonna look good - that's the disney dollar there.

I do wonder if the emperor had a flock of anime waifus that he could've sent after luke on death star 2

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Eh. I think this made more sense with the animatrix, but this could be good. Or at least interesting. Of course it's gonna look good - that's the disney dollar there.

I do wonder if the emperor had a flock of anime waifus that he could've sent after luke on death star 2
senpai sheev will finally notice me

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

Huh.

dafaq?

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
senpai sheev will finally notice me

ppl in this thread are hyped about some anime chick with 6 arms

how are you gonna do grievous dirty like that

he was already screwed over in the 3D clone wars in becoming a saturday morning villain instead of the sneaky fuck who actively hunted jedi

i mean i accept the fact there will be anime girls with 6 arms among the ranks of the sith, but grievous went through hell and back to get those sabers (literally).

whos to say the anime chick isn't the same race as what grevious was

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Love this. Star Wars has needed a refresh like this for a long time. What I am hoping is that Disney looks at the ones that are well-received and consider ordering a full series from the studio who makes the best ones.

Trigger's looks soooooo good.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Yooooooooo, this looks too damn cool to be real. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

I haven't felt this much genuine excitement for Star Wars since the early tweets about Rise of Skywalker lied to me.

I want way more Star Wars content like this in the future.

Last edited:

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
... should I watch Animatrix?

It's getting mentioned a lot here.

This looks cool as hell and is the approach I wish Disney took from the off rather than more skywalker stuff.

There are some misses, but there's some really good stuff in the animatrix. Mainly because it was mostly separated from the plotlines of the movies. Basically creators were using the matrix itself as a setting to tell stories about reality. You know, a central theme of The Matrix.

i mean again im down for anime star wars. i do think star wars is a bit more confining story-wise bc we're literally looking at ppl fight in a war that's been resolved over and over again bunny ppl be damned

ppl like gundam tho. i could see old school gundam aesthetic fit with star wars

not kill la kill but hey im not the target audience for this

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
This looks so fucking sick. Can't wait. This is the first time I've cared about Star Wars since I was a kid.