• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dub or sub on first watch?

• Dub

Votes: 80 38.8%
  • Sub

Votes: 126 61.2%

• Total voters

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a hentai with the Sarlacc Pit?
4dj3LgP.jpg

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Really hope they put this on Blu ray at some point. Or, like, anything on D+. Still waiting for Mando S1 💀

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first time we've seen a Japanese take on the IP, outside of maybe the early console games? It's amazing (and highly predictable) how well this seems to have ended up being, turns out a fresh take on a storied IP is something people want.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And now all of you fanboys will never forget.

ANIMU. SAVED. STAR WARS.

Actually Rian Johnson did... then J. J. ruined it again. Then Mandalorian S02 saved it again. Right until Luke's deepfake messed up one more on the house. But apparently Hamill loves it and believes it's his finest work in recent years so what do I know.

Looking forward to this, might be on Animatrix level.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first time we've seen a Japanese take on the IP, outside of maybe the early console games? It's amazing (and highly predictable) how well this seems to have ended up being, turns out a fresh take on a storied IP is something people want.
I think there were some Star Wars manga

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
forgotten about this. It'll have to wait until I'm back home - feels like it'd benefit from a decent TV rather than my ipad

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I hope that the Gurren Lagann episode is even more insane than it looked it the preview.

star-wars-visions-bande-annonce-qui-defonce0819003.jpeg

**edit -

Yup, it's called "Twins" and I just read a few reviews. Seeing comparisons to both Gurren and it's spiritual follow-up Promare, lots of talk about insane power escalation and vibrant colors. The only complaint I've seen about the episode is the dub, apparently NPH is one of the two mains and it doesn't really fit.

Last edited:

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
The literal, only thing, to get me excited about Star Wars, is making it anime.

Pretty pumped for this, especially Trigger's episode.

Oct 28, 2017
Really hope they put this on Blu ray at some point. Or, like, anything on D+. Still waiting for Mando S1 💀

They are leaving money on the table. I would very much like Mando on Blu Ray.

Actually Rian Johnson did... then J. J. ruined it again. Then Mandalorian S02 saved it again. Right until Luke's deepfake messed up one more on the house. But apparently Hamill loves it and believes it's his finest work in recent years so what do I know.

You ticked every ERA box on this post didn't you.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Give me season 2 already with a Nihei (of Blame! fame) directed episode where the star forge wreckage becomes a solar system embracing Dyson sphere.

Also this also makes me more sad about Miuras passing. He would have been amazing to direct an episode considering his love of Star Wars.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I can't stand Anime but I freaking love Star Wars.

Curbyourenthusiasm_unsure.gif

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know whether these shorts were made with English or Japanese in mind?