• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I was taken aback by the very short trailer and I expected more. Oh well, there will be plenty of games to play in the meantime.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Hey Im interested now. It was enough for me to get a glimpse at what they were aiming for and this is something Ill be interested in.

Of course I sorta kinda just found out about it. Sorry for yall thats been tracking it, but for me that was cool. And now I can add it to the list of stuff to check out when it releases 😅

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Just got around to seeing it. Just a basic trailer that really shows nothing and a date long as fuck away. Probably shouldn't have even shown it tbh.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Just got around to seeing it. Just a basic trailer that really shows nothing and a date long as fuck away. Probably shouldn't have even shown it tbh.
I already stated this, but my guess is it was shown to shut up the exclusivity discussion. I think they had to just to move on from that nonsense. They left no room for it and honestly, it was needed.

HotStunt

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to seeing more of this game, but that was a decidedly last-gen looking sandwich.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Thats probably when ill pick up the Series X. Probably in spring 22. Its nice to have competition and solid reasons to own every system.

It sucks for those that can't, but if you can, you gonna eat this gen.

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
It's a lot later than I would have liked. Honestly I want them to be done with this as soon as possible because I want them to fully focus on the next elder scroll with all their might. Cuz the sooner they are done with it the sooner elder scrolls gets into high gear production. On the other hand, I will play the shit out of this and I'm glad they are polishing the engine more with this game first.
Elder scrolls has a lot of organic environments and having the engine that can support dense foliage and lush forests will be really important. I don't want the forests to be like Skyrim where it's just few scattered trees planted across a field with a patch of grass here and there and call it a forest.
I wanna lose myself in it and make my way out of the harsh shrubbery and dense tall grass!😍

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really interested in this game, BUT the fact it is an exclusive from a company that traditionally released their games with success on Playstation sucks more and more as time goes on.
Not a fan of this anti consumer consolidation shit that goes on in the industry.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Looks great so far, but I wish we learned more about the game. Let's hope it's at the game awards, but I have a feeling we won't see it until E3 2022 for the deep dive.

I already stated this, but my guess is it was shown to shut up the exclusivity discussion. I think they had to just to move on from that nonsense. They left no room for it and honestly, it was needed.
Yup, considering even outlets like IGN or KF still got their hopes up until the end and could never let it go.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
They mentioned "hope" in Todd's little speech on stage. I still believe this game will be a lot like classic Star Trek. I remember there was a DS9 comparison drawn at some point a couple years ago, too. The trailer wasn't super long but I'm sure this will be a very big game next year.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Lighting
• Look Development
• Art Direction (lighting + mood)
--
I created the lighting for the 2021 teaser trailer of Starfield. Using our own Creation Engine 2, we created this entirely in game without any cinematic tools. Working closely with director, Istvan Pely, I assisted in art direction for anything lighting and mood related.

keith-beltramini-starfield-teaser-012.jpg

keith-beltramini-starfield-teaser-010.jpg

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
I don't know why people are interpreting that answer that way, just read again:
Question: Ok, well at least we can agree on the ladder – which presumably means that, unlike in Skyrim, we can climb things?

Todd Howard: Well... climbing is not... don't read too much into the ladder. It's a ladder to get you in and out of the spaceship. That's about it. We may have to clarify that. Exciting video game features - they're a pain in the ass!
The interviewer asks "we can climb things?", and he clarifies that climbing is not, just ladders.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
completely forgot about that. Lol, but for real, are we certain creation engine 2 won't support ladders though? would be so weird and I think I saw someone tweet about that. Lol
There's one in the trailer under the spaceship
and some journalist was excited about it and hyped it to Todd Howard
he said it's only for the spaceship lol

image0.png

tbh I'm fine with it lol
Skyrim didn't have it and it's a goat in exploration and world building

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
There's one in the trailer under the spaceship
and some journalist was excited about it and hyped it to Todd Howard
he said it's only for the spaceship lol

image0.png

tbh I'm fine with it lol
Skyrim didn't have it and it's a goat in exploration and world building
Ladders will be in, clearly, he's saying there won't be climbing, as in climbing cliffs or buildings or whatever (Daggerfall had climbing by the way).