• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
IMG_4807.jpg.57fbf18632b7329a5ed3f4e8f286cf6d.jpg

There it is, once again. Legitimate customers getting the short end of the stick. On top of the exorbitant price ($75 for "Starter Edition" on Amazon right now), there is a day one 6GB update for the physical version, too.

P.S.: Photo not mine.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Phew, I read that as 60gb and completely believed it. Speaks to the insane numbers we've been seeing lately.

... 6GB still sucks.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Is this because they are still working on the game till the last minute or because they didn't want to spend money on a bigger cart?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Which version is this ?

The switch one ?
because that has exclusive content ... so maybe it is different in the other ones

OP
OP
Elven_Star

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Which version is this ?

The switch one ?
because that has exclusive content ... so maybe it is different in the other ones
Sorry, should have mentioned it's the Switch version in the title. Hope a mod can fix that.
Don't think the update has anything to do with the extra content. They just wanted to have the cheapest cartridges.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
The starter edition comes with a physical toy which accounts for the $15 markup. The entire gimmick around the physical edition is based around swapping parts w/ physical toys.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo
This is a leak of a cartridge image for switch.
You can see the extension .Xci
That's the cartridge image file format.
So this 6Gb download must be a day one patch Plus whatever didn't fit into the cartridge....

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
UK eshop shows game size at around 12GB so it sounds like they are using a 8GB gamecard. Very cheap of ubi if true when they are charging such a high price for the physical version.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck Ubisoft. This game is 50% more expensive in the EU digital stores than the US (60 USD v 80 EUR). What the fuck are they thinking.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Whatever take you want, Ill leave this tidbit

Switch is great but has some rules. You need a memory card. This should be obvious but it keeps coming up. You need one. I think 128 is fine, its been doing me well and I've bought a bit. Higher capacity have been going cheap so keep an eye out to maximize your costs.

I don't know why people refuse to juggle on their storage, its kind of a perk that your content can be recalled with your save.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
1tb in my consoles vs 50gb

32GB in the switch vs 6gb?
Think this is a bigger issue than 50gb on a console
Sadly, games have been big since the 360 days. You can't fault a developer for making an expansive game and not ask for space. Also, doesn't switch support upto 512GB SD Card? While 512GB is an overkill, you should not stick to 32GB card. Get 128GB, they're super cheap.

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, games have been big since the 360 days. You can't fault a developer for making an expansive game and not ask for space. Also, didn't switch support 512GB SD Card? While an overkill, you should not stick to 32GB card. Get 128GB, they're super cheap.
Switch supports microSDs up to 2 TB when the technology catches up in the consumer market.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Sadly, games have been big since the 360 days. You can't fault a developer for making an expansive game and not ask for space. Also, doesn't switch support upto 512GB SD Card? While 512GB is an overkill, you should not stick to 32GB card. Get 128GB, they're super cheap.
I don't have a switch, but the post I replied to was just stupid.
I have an X and Pro so am aware of massive game sizes and 4k downloads.
Plus it's been this way on pc for years, Rage for example.
But this is a handheld hybrid and I am sure people use it more that way then tv

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I don't play much 3rd party on Switxh but I did buy a 128GB micro SD just in case

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sadly that's the norm nowadays. if anything the situation is much better on switch, and storage is super cheap now.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Really?!?!

If you don't buy digital games, a 64 GB microSD is sufficient to store the games updates. And nowadays a 64 GB microSD is quite cheap, 18€ from Amazon here in Italy.
Not buying digital games is a big 'if' considering most of the library is digital only. I have a 128gig card and ran out of space long ago.

Either way, there is no harm is letting people know how much space will be required before purchasing the game at retail.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Needs that space for an entire starfox game being crammed up in there. This means nothing to me. I'm buying

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Ubisoft. This game is 50% more expensive in the EU digital stores than the US (60 USD v 80 EUR). What the fuck are they thinking.

Good to know thanks. I'm interested in this, but no fucking chance I'm buying it on the UK store, the pricing is an absolute joke. They've sent the game out to die.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Considering the box says 12gb download required, 6gb is pretty good to me.

(I'm sure this was known months ago?)

starlink-battle-for-atlas-starter-pack-box-art.jpg

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I understand.
But seriously, isn't this an issue with PS4 too? Mine, considering how big the installation from DISCS are, is always out of memory too...unfortunately
Yes, my PS4 HDD has also been full for a while now, so I'd also like to know the install sizes and patch sizes of PS4 games beforehand.

Yamatake

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
There it is, once again. Legitimate customers getting the short end of the stick. On top of the exorbitant price ($75 for "Starter Edition" on Amazon right now), there is a day one 6GB update for the physical version, too.

P.S.: Photo not mine.

This is really quite disappointing.

I ordered the game because I want that Arwing toy and the game does look cool but I also wish they would just use game cards that have enough capacity to store their game.

I already have a 128 GB micro SD in my Switch but I'd rather not fill it up with data that really really should be on the game card.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
So the 10gb download reported on the cover includes this d1 patch as well then? i'm confused
It was originally 16, but it was brought down to 4GB...then I guess a 2GB D1 patch, bringing it to 6GB in total?

My guess is that 4GB in fast access memory is for proceedural generation?