• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it truly is FFVIIr then it would line up with the tribute the game will be getting on the Distant Worlds Tour.

Last edited:

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I would be legit excited for a Crisis Core port honestly or SE remembering that 8 exists. But FF7R would be good too.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't done any of the compilation stuff so seeing these characters talk and move around is gonna be so cool

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I hope the new title isn't the Ghost Recon Ubisoft is revealing on the same day.
It isn't. The new Ghost Recon will be revealed earlier than the new State of Play episode. As for the new title, it will be presented by Sony WWS.
"PlayStation Worldwide Studios will be showing off an extended look at MediEvil, as well as a first look at a new title."
it looks like its something from sony studios
This. ^^^

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Uh oh. They must be in trouble again.

It's all but confirmed that the re reveal is FF7R right?
You misread it. There is nothing to worry about as far as I know. I don't think they are in trouble, but when we consider that some of their rumored internal projects have been either cancelled or rebooted, it begs the question if they need to knock it out of the park with their current project. That's all.

As for the re-reveal, it would make sense. Given that further development for FFXV and KH3 are either done or almost done, FF7R is the next major project in pipeline. Also, it is one of the only few titles that would fit the idea of a re-reveal (Avengers wouldn't fit as it only showed the tentative title). Beside, there are good chances that it will be Square Enix related given two things: Hashimoto has retweeted the event and Square took Sony's schedule for their E3 presser. Crossing my fingers for a better pacing of their E3 presentation. Last year's was terrible.

Last edited:

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
You misread it. There is nothing to worry about as far as I know. I don't think they are in trouble, but when we consider that some of their rumored internal projects have been either cancelled or rebooted, it begs the question if they need to knock it out of the park with their current project. That's all.

As for the re-reveal, it would make sense. Given that further development for FFXV and KH3 are either done or almost done, FF7R is the next major project in pipeline. Also, it is one of the only few titles that would fit the idea of a re-reveal (Avengers wouldn't fit as it only showed the tentative title). Beside, there are good chances that it will be Square Enix related given that Hashimoto has retweeted the event and Square also took Sony's schedule for their E3 presser. Crossing my fingers for a better pacing at SE' presentation. Last year's was terrible.
Ah I gotcha. As long as I see Rocksteady at E3, I'm good.

Any chance Square does show something from Avengers? After seeing GI have Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on their cover story, I feel like Avengers Project won't get revealed until maybe next year.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Ah I gotcha. As long as I see Rocksteady at E3, I'm good.

Any chance Square does show something from Avengers? After seeing GI have Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on their cover story, I feel like Avengers Project won't get revealed until maybe next year.
Me too, I can't wait to see what Rocksteady are working on. Don't they usually show their games at Sony's conference? When you consider that Sony doesn't have an E3 event or presentation, I wonder if Rocksteady will do it through State of Play.

Also, for Avenger, I'm inclined to believe that Square Enix will finally show off the game at their E3 conference now that Endgame has been released for a few weeks.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
and we will be seeing the same 3-4 games at next years day of play
because sony cant plan for shite.

I don't know how people can make any argument against how they have marketed their games. Sure, we may see them more than we like at shows. But they are KILLING it in terms of hardware sales and exclusives sales. No need to change a thing.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Me too, I can't wait to see what Rocksteady are working on. Don't they usually show their games at Sony's conference? When you consider that Sony doesn't have an E3 event or presentation, I wonder if Rocksteady will do it through State of Play.

Also, for Avenger, I'm inclined to believe that Square Enix will finally show off the game at their E3 conference now that Endgame has been released for a few weeks.
Yeah they do, but WB has shown their last couple AAA games on Microsoft's stage, so I would expect it there.

That's good to know. I was worried since MUA3 is getting released soon that Marvel Games would hold off on anything else Avengers related.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Yeah they do, but WB has shown their last couple AAA games on Microsoft's stage, so I would expect it there.

That's good to know. I was worried since MUA3 is getting released soon that Marvel Games would hold off on anything else Avengers related.

The only WB game shown on Microsoft E3 stage was shadow of war, not that WB had many of them the last 3 years... yet with Sony not having a E3 press conference this year. It's possible we'll be getting a next big game reveal from any of WB's studios on the MS stage.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
But... is Alundra remake some confirmed rumor/insider tidbit or just players' hopes?

I'd buy that day 0.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
is there any reason to suspect a new Ratchet game is coming? Or is it just wishful thinking?
It seems so according to Colin Moriarty.
First time hearing about Alundra.
It was the best and closest thing to an old-school Legend of Zelda game ala A Link to The Past published by Sony. If Japan Studio were to bring it back as a full scale adventure, I would literally lose it. XD
I think it's too soon to announce that. Unless they show a pre-rendered trailer or something like that.
giphy.gif

Killzone 2 first CGI trailer (that was never meant to be a "test" render)

Last edited:

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
You know, when you think about it...

The last State of Play didn't include Dreams Early Access trailer & Gran Turismo Sport March 1.36 Update trailer.

Both of them posted at March 28th, 3 days after the first SoP.

It's kinda baffling why Dreams & GTS not in SoP (both are First-Party games) back then...

Whether they're not trailer ready by the time of SoP or whatever the reasons, maybe Part II and/or Death Stranding would be the same; after episode 2?

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
New Ratchet & Clank wouldn't be announced since Insomniac is not part of World Wide Studios.
Insomniac Games doesn't need to be part of SIE WWS for a new Ratchet & Clank to be announced, because all the R&C games are First-Party titles. Whenever you boot a R&C game, you always have "Sony Computer/Interactive Entertainment Presents".

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Who on earth thought it was a good idea to start Alundra rumours? No way that's happening. What is wrong with people?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Didn't Toyama K. (Team Siren/Gravity Rush) say on Twitter and in interviews that he would like his next game to be an adventure game? ;)
I know it is not real, but it would be so cool
according to the new year interview it seems like that game got cancelled in favor of a new siren.

Oct 25, 2017
I lean towards that something related to Capcom might be revealed in State of Play , and I have a theory on that

Usually the presentation slides for Their Fiscal report is released in the same day or at max a day after the Financial results , but very strangely this year , they shifted it to be 3 days after the Financial report , Now looking at the date were they will release the presentation , it is 10 May , a few hours after State of play , so one of the logical reason for the strange delay , is that maybe the presentation will talk about an unknown title that would be announced at State of play , So Capcom knew this in advance and planned this when they made the presentation at march , The Q&A in Japanese also usually gets released a day after the financial results , but it didnt appear , probably linked to the presentation slides

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.