• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
five new VR games
3rd party games
Rocksteady's Justice League
9366477891_fc9f6084c1_o.gif

SOUNDS GREAT!

They are keeping 1st party games for some future SHOWCASE. They'll have to start promoting Spidey 2 sooner than later, the game is coming out this fall.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully, some FFXVI gameplay, but some decent new PSVR2 stuff is of interest. I don't think SS will be my thing, but curious.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
When did peeps turn against Rocksteady? I feel like I owe them money still for giving me the Arkham trilogy lols.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Hmm I know it doesn't say first party content but wonder if a PS PC port gets announced? Unsure if the State of Play with Spider-Man PC announced explicitly listed 1st party content.

After Last of Us, 2023 is wide open. Seems like the timing to do it. Don't really care anyway me just rambling, going to watch the VOD for Suicide Squad most likely

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
Yall got a release date and several hype trailers, don't get greedy lol
That is far, its just that each FF game has so much new stuff that even though it has the number 16 in the name, you cannot really have any idea on what to expect unlike many other IP sequels. And FFXVI in particular is a significant change ot the formula along with a big gap between games that just hype reel trailers are not answering the questions fans have IMO. I would take just one hype trailer and one gameplay stream rather than the hype trailers as they really show little new information anyways. But I know megafans like me are not the target for those.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
When did peeps turn against Rocksteady? I feel like I owe them money still for giving me the Arkham trilogy lols.
I don't want to speak for everyone, I'm still all for rocksteady and love the arkham trilogy, its just after Gotham Knights and Marvels Avengers, its kinda soured the whole hero genre game. It also doesn't help that the leaks of this game show off a lot of stuff that both of those games have and were pushing a lot. I'm a big DC fan, but after the leaks and especially Gotham Knights (yes I know that was a different studio) I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That is far, its just that each FF game has so much new stuff that even though it has the number 16 in the name, you cannot really have any idea on what to expect unlike many other IP sequels. And FFXVI in particular is a significant change ot the formula along with a big gap between games that just hype reel trailers are not answering the questions fans have IMO. I would take just one hype trailer and one gameplay stream rather than the hype trailers as they really show little new information anyways. But I know megafans like me are not the target for those.

I mean don't get me wrong I would never say no to more FFXVI news, but yea, I can't say it's been tormenting lol

At any rate, really hope the game comes through for us

Dec 11, 2017
Microsoft Direct - Hifi Rush
Nintendo Direct - Metroid Prime
PlayStation State of Play - ?????????

Don't break the shadow-drop streak, Sony!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
With how much WB seem to be willing to show their games extensively at SoPs, I wonder if we could see Mortal Kombat 12 here. Then again theyd have to fight Street Fighter 6's attention in that case.

Spazgadget

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these posts surely are sarcasm. They've announced what is clearly a Suicide Squad-focused State of Play. Do not walk into this expecting giant announcements. FFXVI, Half LIfe Alyx, and Persona 6 are not happening, on Thursday, kids. Dial it back a notch!

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
45 mins (Suicide Squad to take up 15mins) with 16 games? I'm back on the Helldivers 2 train.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
five new VR games
3rd party games
Rocksteady's Justice League
9366477891_fc9f6084c1_o.gif

SOUNDS GREAT!

They are keeping 1st party games for some future SHOWCASE. They'll have to start promoting Spidey 2 sooner than later, the game is coming out this fall.
🔥🔥
This SOP is most likely wrapping up marketing for 3Ps and PSVR2.

Going by how much they've invested in the live on PS5 marketing, it's natural to expect a blow out on first party towards mid year + they will promote the hell out of Spidey.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
They would tell you if they were gonna show more of a big third party title that was already announced.

I'm hoping for Persona 6 before Microsoft tries to buy out Sega, but man can dream. Summer latest at this rate.