• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you rate this SoP?

• A

Votes: 27 1.9%
  • B

Votes: 47 3.2%
  • C

Votes: 185 12.8%
  • D

Votes: 389 26.9%
  • F

Votes: 799 55.2%

• Total voters

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Whoever is making these trailers is doing a disservice to their products.

The editing is terrible, and you can't understand what's going on. They don't explain what the tone of the game is, the gameplay loop, or why i should be interested.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Hype for KOF, star ocean and little devil inside but lmao that was bad. Those trailer could have easily been dropped on twitter or youtube. On to the game awards I guess.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Sony officially lost it and their marketing department deserve to be fired. Absolute waste of a "show" where most of these games could have be on blog instead.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Little Devil Inside was the only thing I was interested in and that didn't even have a date yet. Oh well. Onto TGA then.

Last edited:

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
That was apocalyptically bad. Absolute waste of everyone's time. Why even bother? Just generated a load of bad will. Bravo.

Oct 25, 2017
What you don't have an 80"+ LED? Get with the times, dose!

_Cy9WNN5UM2jBpon9py1z3Ht2ts=.gif

7_bCSnbmAqpss6O1lzNjPkp_nxg=.gif

Lol. Pretty much.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Era: "PlayStation has an issue promoting indies"
Sony: "Hey look we have some indie stuff to promote alongside some bigger third party stuff"
Era: "Not like that"

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Little Devil Inside looked good, but this was just an odd way to show it. A little too fractured to get a grasp on minute to minute gameplay. I'm interested but I feel they could have presented that much better

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Happy about the KoF beta but bummed they're having it on Nov 19. That's when early access starts for Endwalker.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Bugsnax free DLC
Deaths Door coming to PS (GOTY contender from Xbox)
New Star Ocean (not my thing but good for fans)
Little Devil Inside looked great.

I must be the only person who was pleasantly surprised at that. OFK looks like it could be fun but idk.

I can see how this wasn't for everyone but DD, LDI and Bugsnax were good announcements for me.

Not the only one, I thought it was fine too.

They said this was for a few 3rd party games, anyone expecting massive announcements were expecting way too much.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Death's Door is fantastic, my fav indie/overall one of the best games of the year so far. Glad more people get to play it now. Coming to Switch on the same day as well.
Looking forward to getting this one.

A little light sure but was still glad to see KoF and especially that Star Ocean is actually still alive, definitely in for that. Also, not for me but wasn't expecting Let It Die to get a new game. Little Devil Inside still looking good.

Last edited:

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Glad I didn't watch this live and just skipped ahead just now lol, KoF XV was the only interesting thing for me.
Sony officially lost it and their marketing department deserve to be fired. Absolute was of "show" where most of these games could have be on blog instead.
I wish we were past ridiculous takes like this…

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I have to wonder.. Why ?
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea ?
This honestly feel like Sony just wanted to sabotage these devs by making the most underwhelming SOP yet around them

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People who only play big budget stuff fuming that these smaller games got a whole 20 minute presentation. Stay mad.

Elrina

Oct 25, 2017
This was such a waste of time.

Edit: It wasn't a waste and a couple neat things were shown. But it was incredibly disappointing. They should have noted that this was an indie showcase so that expectations were reasonable and people watched because they were interested, not because they were hoping for third party AAA.

Last edited:

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
First time I ever lucked out and hit a SoP live......and wow, that was underwhelming beyond belief.

Also, trolling us with the Square Enix drop, although Star Ocean is all good.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Star Ocean and Little Devil Inside could've been saved for a bigger (read: better) State of Play since they're not coming soon, everything else could've been a blog post.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it was kind of a bust. I loved seeing Star Ocean make a comeback, but generally I wasn't too impressed with the stream. It felt like they could have scattered these announcements over the course of a couple weeks or something. This stream felt more like an obligation to give leftover games some prime stream coverage than everything else.

Last edited:

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Clever wording from Sony there, calling it "updates on third-party releases" and then showing a bunch of indie games. I guess calling it State of the Indie Division wouldn't bring viewers.

I mean, the games I'm interested in were never gonna show up, so no biggie, but still, I thought they would show Stray again, since they keep showing FNAF.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
These SoP's are always funny, seeing people building themselves up to thinking there's no way they could put something this bad out there and that they must be holding something back, then it just abruptly ends with nothing.

Nothing major was ever going to be announced, Sony's big games for next year have already been shown off and everything else is years away.

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
People actually expected something big for a 20 minutes SoP a month after their big showcase and a month before TGA.

Think about it a different way: one month after their showcase and one month before TGA, Sony goes through the trouble of organising and promoting a SoP. Why wouldn't you expect something cool? Why would you expect nothing when Sony decided to put the spotlight on themselves? No one made them do this.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
Playstation needs better names for events, showcases like the one in febraury should have a name, events focused on a single name should have another and those focused on indies yet another one

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I'm old enough to remember when Sony was being ripped apart for losing focus on indie developers and how far they had fallen. Fun times.

I thought the show was cool, nice to give focus to smaller games.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found it quite amusing that they had this great looking game where one of the characters worse a black trans lives matter shirt, and then afterwards they give FNAF a platform.

Good stuff Sony, real good stuff -_-

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
You know that feeling you get when you get done with a Zoom meeting and wish they had just sent an email instead...

Mar 19, 2021
Honestly this was much better than seeing FF XVI, GTA Trilogy, Tiny Tina and COD: Vanguard. I'll get none of the games shown today other than probably LDI but at least it wasn't the boring same old stuff those other games would have been

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Awful show. I was expecting indies but even with them, there was nothing that grabbed my attention. We want AAAs

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Seems like the goalposts have moved from "Sony is not promoting indies" to "Sony is not promoting indies that I think is good".