RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
It wasn't awkward in the slightest.

It was a flaw to have different locations to unveil games and show them, yes. but not awkward or even Konami-levels of awkward. God knows on what psychological state ya'll were, if ya'll watched the EA, Ubisoft E3 conferences last year.

Now, that shit was awkward.
Watching that dude play that flute poorly for 5 minutes was definitely awkward.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not expecting much of anything. Would love some release updates on some of the big exclusives (TLOU, Ghosts, etc)

Plum

May 31, 2018
It wasn't awkward in the slightest.

It was a flaw to have different locations to unveil games and show them, yes. but not awkward or even Konami-levels of awkward. God knows on what psychological state ya'll were, if ya'll watched the EA, Ubisoft E3 conferences last year.

Now, that shit was awkward.

Having to watch people awkwardly shuffle from one chair to another just so we could watch 5 minutes of someone awkwardly play the flute was the definition of awkward. Nothing that E3 was as prolonged or as baffling as that.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Watching that dude play that flute for 5 minutes was definitely awkward.
I enjoyed it, as did the group I was with. What was so awkward about it? Don't like traditional Japanese shakuhachi flute?

The flute player's name is Cornelius Boots, btw. Amazing name.

EDIT - I see that you've added "poorly" to your post. Dude is a master, and one of the only living folks who play that kind of flute. Basically, you're just saying you didn't like it, and that somehow = awkward for you.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Page 11 already. I think it's safe to say that we did a marvelous job of tempering expectations. Well done.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
As a big PlayStation fan, this fan base can be so damn annoying sometimes... you guys are ridiculous. How about just sitting back and wait to see what they have to tell us.. then you can start your doom and gloom. This preemptive 'disappointment' without even knowing what's really in store is annoying af.
It has gotten so damn annoying

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
CC0pC9Z.gif

Hype increasing

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
HYPEEEEE LETS GOOOOO

BLOODBORNE 2
GOD OF WAR 2
PS5 REVEAL
HORIZON 2 FAR ZENITH
DEMONS SOULS REMAKE
PSVR 2 REVEAL + ASTROBOT 2 ANNOUNCEMENT
BUNGIE AQUISITION REVEAL
DEATH STRANDING AND TLOU2 OUT NOW

YESSSSSS

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Having to watch people awkwardly shuffle from one chair to another just so we could watch 5 minutes of someone awkwardly play the flute was the definition of awkward. Nothing that E3 was as prolonged or as baffling as that.
In the long run what good did MS e3 conference do?

Most of their third part marketing deals were critical duds. Fallout, battle Field, anthem. Their first party games were critical failures.

While Sony's E3 showed gow and Spider-Man, two huge critical and commercial successes and one that was GOAT.!

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
As a big PlayStation fan, this fan base can be so damn annoying sometimes... you guys are ridiculous. How about just sitting back and wait to see what they have to tell us.. then you can start your doom and gloom. This preemptive 'disappointment' without even knowing what's really in store is annoying af.

Ya know, in my opinion, It would help if the administration staff didn't always see fit to "get ahead of the hype" and vaguepost about it. If we all didn't get together and decide that smaller game reveals and updates on already announced titles aren't worth being excited over, and that only events with huuuuuuge reveals are worth looking forward to, there'd be no doom and gloom.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
People need to lower their expectations. This is their first one of these and will probably not have any major announcements. All you are doing is purposely over hyping yourselves to the point that you think the events are lame and not worth your time.

Anyways Im hype for this event and hoping/expecting atleast one megaton.

If it's the first one, don't you think they'd wait until they had something to talk about before starting them off? Starting a new way to talk to fans with 'nothing' Seems like it would be bad planning?

Sawzer

Nov 5, 2017
In the long run what good did MS e3 conference do?

Most of their third part marketing deals were critical duds. Fallout, battle Field, anthem. Their first party games were critical failures.

While Sony's E3 showed gow and Spider-Man, two huge critical and commercial successes and one that was GOAT.!

Also Sekiro, DMCV, Metro, KH3, The Division 2

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
Ya know, in my opinion, It would help if the administration staff didn't always see fit to "get ahead of the hype" and vaguepost about it. If we all didn't get together and decide that smaller game reveals and updates on already announced titles aren't worth being excited over, and that only events with huuuuuuge reveals are worth looking forward to, there'd be no doom and gloom.

We have had mods do that though. Page 1 of the closed thread.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Expect a lot of the opening refrigerator and the it's fucking nothing gifs lol

Tbh games like Baba Is You is more compelling than the usual AAA stuff. Hopefully people can judge the games for what they are instead of seeing smaller, indie, mid-sized games getting ridiculed because they aren't TLOU2.

Chairdeath

Oct 29, 2017
Any good restreams with people talking over it? Giantbomb peeps talking over press conferences and announcements has spoiled me.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
We have had mods do that though. Page 1 of the closed thread.

Unless I'm not following you, you've drastically misunderstood what I'm trying to say. I am saying it's annoying when someone "in the know" goes into the threads and gets all "Don't get excited" and gives no other context for what's on the show just because there's no "megatons" on the show.