Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
highest hopes: ffviiR trailer (i'm going to hope for this every single time and be let down every single time)
lowest dreads: "we're increasing the price of playstation plus"

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
People will be disappointed because it probably won't be showing anything or barely anything of the Big 3. There will be new game announcements but will probably be scoffed at due to not being the Big 3.
If you care about indies, PSVR, maybe AA games and probably Days Gone, then it'll be heaven.

Honestly I've don't think any of the big 3 really need any more footage. Maybe Death Stranding

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Less than 12 hours until stream

t1553547600z0.png

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Why should Sony close Guerilla Games? They are already developing a game for PS5.

But maybe they have the ressources to develop a PSVR game, too.

Because it's highly likely that the game would be a financial failure. And let's be honest, Guerrilla is too good to work on a VR game (don't hate me, VR lovers). If Sony want another VR shooter, they should continue to work with First Contact Entertainment (developers of Firewall ZO) and Impulse Gear (Farpoint).

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Guerrilla wont be closed because of VR lol.
Do you people dont know you can allocate a small team for smaller games?
I dont think they are doing VR, but guerrilla doing a VR game does not mean they are only doing VR. They are most definitely doing horizon 2.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Guerrilla wont be closed because of VR lol.
Do you people dont know you can allocate a small team for smaller games?
I dont think they are doing VR, but guerrilla doing a VR game does not mean they are only doing VR. They are most definitely doing horizon 2.

KZ2 VR with aim gun support and I am happy :D

Should be easy doable for a small team.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Maybe not closed, but hit with layoffs. Either way, Sony's big studios shouldn't touch VR :P
Again you are assuming the game will have AAA budget that will cause them layoffs, VR games will always have lower budget than these games, so they wouldnt lose nearly as much money as you think.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
If Sony would let GG make a AAA VR only game, they would not expect a multi million seller and GG would for sure not get closed.

Especially when the quality would be very good.

Last edited:

BenRoderick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
If Zhuge's comments about that there isn't going to be big announcements for Sony's "State of Play", just probably small-scale announcements like new games for the PlayStation VR, then I'm glad there might be small announcements because the first Nintendo Direct back in 2011 was nothing big, just small announcements that any 3DS or Wii fan could get like the original Kid Icarus will be on the 3DS as a eShop 3D Classic or there is a Wii Japan-exclusive game called Kikitrick.
So I'm glad Sony might be taking a chance on this Nintendo Direct-like announcement show for 60 minutes, but even though there are obviously gonna be people who will complain like, "Why no The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima or Death Stranding", "Why no megaton", "Why the announcements for this Sony Direct are new PSVR games" and "This Sony direct is gonna be a failure later on if this keeps going on later". Well, welcome to the fucking internet. A polarizing global system of interconnected network, but game-changing and obsessive... thing.
Anyway, looking forward to the reception out of it.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
This is 4 AM in the morning... : (

Well, I'll just look at the summary tomorrow.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst as usual.

Please new JRPGs...

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be keeping my eyes on this. I know we were told to keep our expectations tempered but I often find that the smaller events tend to give me personally a bit more to look forward than the larger ones so I'm somewhat optimistic

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
It's gonna be at 11PM for me. Perfect to watch before going to bed.
Hoping for some cool new announcements and info on Nioh 2 personally.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously think the expectations should be at absolute minimum.
Maybe Medievil extended gameplay or some decent sleigh of indies (Baba is You or something).

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
If Zhuge's comments about that there isn't going to be big announcements for Sony's "State of Play", just probably small-scale announcements like new games for the PlayStation VR, then I'm glad there might be small announcements because the first Nintendo Direct back in 2011 was nothing big, just small announcements that any 3DS or Wii fan could get like the original Kid Icarus will be on the 3DS as a eShop 3D Classic or there is a Wii Japan-exclusive game called Kikitrick.
So I'm glad Sony might be taking a chance on this Nintendo Direct-like announcement show for 60 minutes, but even though there are obviously gonna be people who will complain like, "Why no The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima or Death Stranding", "Why no megaton", "Why the announcements for this Sony Direct are new PSVR games" and "This Sony direct is gonna be a failure later on if this keeps going on later". Well, welcome to the fucking internet. A polarizing global system of interconnected network, but game-changing and obsessive... thing.
Anyway, looking forward to the reception out of it.
The thing is, the first time would have never been good, because they have yet to optimize their content scheduling to fit these shows yet, after a few tries their content schedule would be much more optimized and the pacing would greatly profit from that.
Ugh, so late by UK time. I'll have to catch up once it's finished and just read the highlights.
Isnt is 9pm in the uk? Doesnt sound too bad. Its at 11pm here which is a bit more annoying but better than E3 at least.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
It was already announced, it's called Dreams.
Nintendo still releases Super Mario Bros games even though Mario Maker exists. I don't see why both can't exist especially when Dreams is going to be in an unfinished state for the months following its release. If they can also add something innovative for the series that would make even more sense.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Nintendo still releases Super Mario Bros games even though Mario Maker exists. I don't see why both can't exist especially when Dreams is going to be in an unfinished state for the months following its release. If they can also add something innovative for the series that would make even more sense.

Mm is not very big and I believe they will focus on Dreams support for a long time.

Like a PS5 upgrade.

Oct 27, 2017
Should be 9pm for you, so not too bad. It's 10pm for me, so I'll have no problems watching before going to sleep.
Isnt is 9pm in the uk? Doesnt sound too bad. Its at 11pm here which is a bit more annoying but better than E3 at least.

Yeah, I phrased that wrong. I meant more that it's an awkward time of day for me personally as I'll be driving back from work so won't be able to watch. I was hoping it would be earlier in the day.

That doesn't really make sense though. If SMB had its own simpler level builder then the comparison would hold, but otherwise you're comparing a game with a relatively simple level builder vs a game with a much more complex and involved level builder. Dreams should render LBP obsolete so there's really no need for the latter to exist.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe not closed, but hit with layoffs. Either way, Sony's big studios shouldn't touch VR :P
If they did a VR game it'd be a side project by a small team (the main team are almost definitely working on Horizon 2 for PS5). There'd be about 0% chance of it getting them closed and about the same chance as it resulting in layoffs. Sony are current in the process of expanding them to 400 people sized studio.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see last of us part 2 at this thing, though could have a small trailer. I'm hoping for a Ghost of Tsushima release date as the game looked pretty good when they showed it off last year at E3. I also expect a new Death Stranding trailer though date I'm not sure about but it does seem at that stage that one could be announced and as no E3 there doing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.