• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
Steam Client Beta - June 17

The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Steam Input
  • Added support for Nintendo Online classic controllers
  • Added support for the Qanba Obsidian and Dragon Arcade Joysticks
  • Show firmware update dialog for DualSense(tm) Wireless Controllers on Windows
  • Enable improved rumble emulation on DualSense(tm) Wireless Controllers with updated firmware
xbvUG5f.png

hWE3ZGR.png

steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Steam Client Beta :: Steam Client Beta - June 17

The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes: Steam Input Added support for Nintendo Online classic controllers Added support for the Qanba Obsidian and Dragon Arcade Joysticks Show firmware update dialog for DualSense(tm) Wireless Controllers on Windows Enable improved...

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I realize it's a hell of an ask at this point, but I'd love them to roll in Wii Remote, Nunchuck, Classic Controller, and Wii U Pro Controller support as well.

mORTEN

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
What does that mean for the dualsense on pc? Better custom profiles for rumble or?

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Why yes, I WOULD like to play Halo Infinite with an N64 controller, thank you very much

Nerrel

Oct 31, 2017
It means you can update the controller's firmware without having a playstation console. Good thing for those that want a DualSense for PC use, but don't have a console.
Sony already had released a standalone program for it but being able to just use Steam makes things simpler:

Update the wireless controller firmware

Explains how to update the firmware for the wireless controller for PlayStationĀ®5 using a Windows PC.

Suichimo

Mar 17, 2021
Nice! It was only a few weeks ago I was trying to get my SNES controllers working with Steam and couldn't make any headway.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
I know this is out of Steam's control but I dream of a day when all PC games natively recognize DualShock controllers and provide the proper inputs in the UI.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I know this is out of Steam's control but I dream of a day when all PC games natively recognize DualShock controllers and provide the proper inputs in the UI.

They already do if developer allows it. Some games fully support DualSense including adaptive triggers and haptics (Metro Exodus, Deathloop and few others).

mORTEN

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
It means you can update the controller's firmware without having a playstation console. Good thing for those that want a DualSense for PC use, but don't have a console.
Ah great! You know of any reason to update now? Have they released new firmware yet? And if so, does it make a noticeable difference?
I'm sad they don't support more PC games with all the dualsense features.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who uses the NSO N64 controller, I really appreciate Valve going out of their way to support obscure peripherals.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I would love to use this for the N64 NSO controller...If they'd stay in stock for more than 0.008 milliseconds...

Still really cool, though!

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Wow these is all great updates, happy to see Steam Input constantly improving :) Though please add a battery-indicator for "third-party" controllers Steam šŸ˜­

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Hmm, I still can't seem to get the SNES controllers to work. It still won't accept any button inputs.
I'm talking about wired, not wireless.
Has anybody been able to get it to work?
EDIT
Whoops, didn't notice it was just in the Steam beta. Hopefully it will come to the regular client soon.
I bought two SNES controllers a few years back but was heartbroken to learn they wouldn't work on pc.

Last edited:

Drachen

May 3, 2021
They already do if developer allows it. Some games fully support DualSense including adaptive triggers and haptics (Metro Exodus, Deathloop and few others).
Oh yeah I've seen native support for a few games and it's amazing when they have it. I just wish it was the norm for every game instead of a select few.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
They probably only added this stuff to compete since everyone starting switching over to EGS after that amazing update that added randomly selected reviews and boss battle stickers to game pages