• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OT3 or revamp OP?

• OT3

Votes: 86 76.8%
  • Revamp OP

Votes: 26 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
This is probably nothing new for regulars of this thread but I still find it unbelievable how capable a PC handheld is in 2023, let alone in February 2022 when it launched. It exceeds my biggest expectations and seems like a machine plucked straight out of my wildest fantasies. A gaming PC that plays current gen games at comparable perceptual visuals and smoothness for about 3h on battery and fits in your hands! And I only paid 400 euros for it!

It really is impressive. Valve got so much right with the original Steam Deck, the buzz surrounding its reveal and launch was entirely warranted. I am salivating at the thought of how good a future Steam Deck 2 will be, with a fully developed OS and all of Valve's experience from the Steam Deck 1 and OLED launches.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
So in the Phawx video

Worst case scenario battery for LCD deck in his tests are 1 hour 20 min
and about an hour more than that on OLED
2 hours 15 min
so a legit generational leap in battery department

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Keep going back and forth on this. If I were to sell my 64gb Deck I got in late summer (maybe 15 hours used max...as life has been busy) would 275 be a solid starting point?

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Keep going back and forth on this. If I were to sell my 64gb Deck I got in late summer (maybe 15 hours used max...as life has been busy) would 275 be a solid starting point?
I'd aim for $300, then accept $275 as the bottom price. I have a 1TB and I'll be looking for $350 as the bottom price. If I get someone to bite at $350, I'm going for it.

Siri

Nov 7, 2017
It really is impressive. Valve got so much right with the original Steam Deck, the buzz surrounding its reveal and launch was entirely warranted. I am salivating at the thought of how good a future Steam Deck 2 will be, with a fully developed OS and all of Valve's experience from the Steam Deck 1 and OLED launches.

The best thing is that the original isn't particularly a paperweight when a revised model launches, either.

Probably because I'm a fair bit older now, but I've got so many games to play on the bloody thing that I'd very likely wait until the second Steam Deck is discounted. An OLED model is brilliant, but I personally have very little urgency to buy it.

I've only just been informed of DOSBox Pure and been pratting around with the likes of Skyroads and Screamer, I've plumbed in Pico-8 so I can have a blast of whatever's featured at the time, and I've spent a good eight hours plowing through Super Woden GP 2. After that's done, I'm getting stuck into Gunhead and whip around to the start of this year and get into A Space For The Unbound.

I already know early next year will be consumed by Balatro and Tekken 8, both of which work swimmingly on the Deck. It's just an embarrassment of riches, and it's just all the things I love about PC Gaming just dumped into my hands.

Maybe one day, I'll play Dave The Diver. Who knows at this point?

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
New, the 64GB is going for $350 and refurb'd is $279. My guess is you're not going to get takers now until you're closer to $250, unless the person isn't aware of the recent news.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably nothing new for regulars of this thread but I still find it unbelievable how capable a PC handheld is in 2023
We never get tired of hearing it in here. I've had it since launch and it still impresses me with what it can do with gen 8 and basically every generation prior, and it's remarkable versatility. Probably the most impressive thing though is the community solving problems and creating solutions

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
New, the 64GB is going for $350 and refurb'd is $279. My guess is you're not going to get takers now until you're closer to $250, unless the person isn't aware of the recent news.

If someone wants a deal, then they can buy a 64GB refurb, buy a high capacity 2230, find the right tools and do the job themselves. I don't think current owners need to sell theirs at bargain bin prices just because Valve sells the 64GB model cheaply. Doing that work and doing it well without cracking off tabs or marking the shell is labor that ups the value of the device compared to a bare refurb IMO.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Steam Deck |OT2 Episode 1| LCDs for Sale here Valve - OT

ProtonDB: ProtonDB is a community resource for compiling reports about compatibility for titles running on Proton and is a great resource for seeing if A game that has not been steam deck verified will run well. Lutris: Lutris is a game preservation platform where users can provide WINE...

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
If someone wants a deal, then they can buy a 64GB refurb, buy a high capacity 2230, find the right tools and do the job themselves. I don't think current owners need to sell theirs at bargain bin prices just because Valve sells the 64GB model cheaply. Doing that work and doing it well without cracking off tabs or marking the shell is labor that ups the value of the device compared to a bare refurb IMO.
Exactly. Most out there are not going to be looking at going through the process of swapping the SSD's. If you have a 64GB that has been upgraded, it'll fetch a higher price.

Status
Not open for further replies.