• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Persona 5 Royal($60):

Persona 4 Golden($20):

The game is also available on PC Game Pass on PC.

Edit: Also the 'JRPG' next above it in terms of CCU is Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin at 34,995 players so as of now p5r is (31K) so 4K left till that and after that we have the no.1 non MMO JRPG sitting at 60K CCU aka Tales Of Arise which is another $60 game but it was on PC day 1, very much like MHS2: Wings of Ruin.

Last edited:

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
And if the rumors are true, Persona 6 is "PS exclusive"

Real smooth move building all this good will and new fans on other platforms 🤦‍♂️

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Surely after this Atlus just launches on everything simultaneously, right?

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Persona 4 Golden is definitely a comparison but I think a bigger surprise for me was Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves peaking at 10K while Persona 5 Royal has done 30K+. Persona 5 Royal is also $10 more expensive. I would say JRPGs are doing quite alright.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Wow what

Years of people asking for it and when it releases a lot of people play it?

Truly wild. Atlus will surely learn something from this (😂)

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
What rumours

By whom
NateTheHate.
www.resetera.com

[NateTheHate rumor/prediction] New Fire Emblem and Metroid Prime remaster coming in 2022, Persona 6 exclusive to PS5, and more Rumor

Strap in because this is a doozy. Technically these are all rumors so take with a grain of salt, but Nate has a sublime track record as we all know. Thanks as always Nate Here are the following games he touched on in his latest video: - Metroid Prime remaster for 2022 coinciding with the 20...

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Now please fix the 8 way movement for the player character when using a controller, Atlus.

I don't know if the other new versions of the game have this, or if it's just a PC bug due to the PC version needing to handle WASD movement (which would be 8 way movement), but using the left analog stick to move the character feels terrible on PC due to not being able to move the full 360 degrees of rotation, but rather the player character can only move in 8 directions - up, down, left, right, and each 45 degree angle in between.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
What rumours

By whom
Here…
Okay, last post on this for a while, mods can verify with me whenever they like, just wish Atlus would have released a teaser by now.

P6 was supposed to be shown off but Atlus changed their minds. It's PS5/4 exclusive last I heard. They had a lot to show off and chose to reveal their board game instead, I have no idea why.
I would also lower expectations for their next entry, whatever that may be. Just assuming here but looks more in line with PS4 graphics?

Should I contact a mod for speaking like this or no? I'm new to this whole...having info thing lol. I need to slow down too probably.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
NateTheHate.
www.resetera.com

[NateTheHate rumor/prediction] New Fire Emblem and Metroid Prime remaster coming in 2022, Persona 6 exclusive to PS5, and more Rumor

Strap in because this is a doozy. Technically these are all rumors so take with a grain of salt, but Nate has a sublime track record as we all know. Thanks as always Nate Here are the following games he touched on in his latest video: - Metroid Prime remaster for 2022 coinciding with the 20...

lol

I have no idea why this guy still gets credit for leaks. 90% of the things he "leaks" are just pure bullshit.

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
Surely after this Atlus just launches on everything simultaneously, right?

ATLUS will be forced to do so by Sega, but if they had anything to do with it Shin Megami Tensei VI would be a Sega fucking Saturn exclusive

Now please fix the 8 way movement on the left stick, Atlus.

I don't know if the other new versions of the game have this, or if it's just a PC bug due to the PC version needing to handle WASD movement (which would be 8 way movement), but using the left analog stick to move the character feels terrible on PC due to not being able to move the full 360 degrees of rotation, only 8 ways - up, down, left, right, and each 45 degree angle in between.

Not really a bug. It's like that in all versions. It's also exacerbated by the fact that the character can only move at two speeds, and the lowest speed is still too fast. Movement as a whole in Persona 5 feels really janky unless you're running in a dungeon.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
You guys really wanted Persona 5, no doubt about that. Now watch as Atlus learns nothing from this with P6 (as shown by SMTV and Soul Hackers 2).

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Current rumors seem to indicate otherwise.
As of right now, there's nothing concrete after going over the info myself.

The possibility is there but nothing absolute was presented. Thus it could factor into why plans potentially changed from Oct as things are being changed.

So ATM, it's *likely* exclusive but things could've changed.

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
Current rumors seem to indicate otherwise.

Well I suppose we'll see.

Doesn't really have much impact on me either way. If it's a PS5 exclusive, I have one. If it's an exclusive on anything else, I'll buy whatever it comes out on. If it also comes out on PC, I'll buy it on PC.

Hopefully SMTV is next

Been wanting to play it for so long but didn't like what I saw of the Switch version.

SMTV was butchered by the Switch, honestly. Arguably not a mindblowing entry unfortunately, but it deserved to not look and run like absolute dogshit at the very least.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile

ejj13RG.png

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Great news! Hopefully Persona 6 will be multi-platform after this success but I doubt it. I'm more interested in Re:Fantasy because it's by the director of Persona 5, but I'm still going to keep an eye on Persona 6.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Well I suppose we'll see.

Doesn't really have much impact on me either way. If it's a PS5 exclusive, I have one. If it's an exclusive on anything else, I'll buy whatever it comes out on. If it also comes out on PC, I'll buy it on PC.

SMTV was butchered by the Switch, honestly. Arguably not a mindblowing entry unfortunately, but it deserved to not look and run like absolute dogshit at the very least.

I felt so bad with that game. Buying the console and the game only to end up playing it emulated with all the bells and whistles.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Always happy to see one of my favourite games get its due. Persona 5 is THE game of the last gen for me, and its continued success is great. If only the same could be said of TWEWY NEO :(

Also I said before, but I wouldn't be surprised if upcoming persona games were still a console exclusive, but maybe with a simultaneous PC release.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
As of right now, there's nothing concrete after going over the info myself.

The possibility is there but nothing absolute was presented. Thus it could factor into why plans potentially changed from Oct as things are being changed.

So ATM, it's *likely* exclusive but things could've changed.

So the leaks are mid at best. Mild shock.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
And if the rumors are true, Persona 6 is "PS exclusive"

Real smooth move building all this good will and new fans on other platforms 🤦‍♂️
What is the scenario that encourages Sega to release 6 simultaneously everywhere?

P5R does great on PC -> "current strategy is working great!"
P5R does bad on PC -> "might as well not be in a rush to port it then"

Just seems like you can read the situation however you want.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
P5(R) isn't particularly new either.
It's full price.
Identical situation with first 4 games.
P4G has been on Steam for like over 2 years, and Strikers has been on Steam for almost 2 years as well, to say nothing of P3, P4, and even the PS3 version of P5 being emulatable on PC for years. On top of that, P5R is pulling these numbers on Steam despite simultaneously releasing on Game Pass PC.

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
P5(R) isn't particularly new either.
It's full price.
Identical situation with first 4 games.
Except Persona already has a presence on PC before this. P4G, Persona Ultimate Arena Max, Persona 5 Strikers, etc

Also another big difference is that these persona games are different from each other story wise and don't need previous ones to be played to get into the story.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Except Persona already has a presence on PC before this. P4G, Persona Ultimate Arena Max, Persona 5 Strikers, etc

Also another big difference is that these persona games are different from each other story wise and don't need previous ones to be played to get into the story.

Uncharted stories are separate too.