OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
KFy1AH1.png

Umm... how am I supposed to get the 5$ discount everybody else seems to be getting over a purchase of 30$?
Just figured it out. It's $1.70 for purchase over $10 in my region, possibly due to regional-pricing.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what to spend my points on. I miss the meta games they usually have. Oh well.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
You're about to lose your damn mind then lol!
I played it years ago on Ios and then they released this HD version on Steam that like 2 guys completely re-did the whole game for and it's so great. Islands of Ice and Fire is a massive DLC they released too and it's $3.49 right now. Also, if you go to steam workshop, one of the guys who did the Steam game released another of the expansions (there are millions on IoS) that he loves and it's called Horde 1 and free.

Prepare to have 100+ hours of your life washed away. It's super old school but absolutely packed with content - cities, forests, dungeons, graveyards, huge fields, points of interest. The world map is just LOL big. And to boot it's actually super fun to play and has a lot of cool systems going on. Enjoy - at this price it's an absolute steal :)
I also have never heard of this game and it sounds awesome. I'm gonna grab it and the DLC.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone else confirm that gift purchases don't count towards the $30 discount? I added a copy of MCC (which I already own) to my cart ($32) and it didn't trigger the discount.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
My usual Steam Sale pitch for the one game I stan hard:

The Vagrant
store.steampowered.com

Save 80% on The Vagrant on Steam

Guide Vivian the Vagrant, through vibrant and dynamic landscapes while hacking and slashing a path from a quiet coastal village through mysterious forests, haunted castles, and wrecked battlegrounds. When the endless barrage of enemies have been vanquished, what solace will be left for our hero?

BUY. THIS. GAME.
It's super awesome. Super cheap. Totally worth the price. It's essentially a Vanillaware 2D Action RPG. There is no hidden bullshit to that price. One awesome game for one awesome price.
I am a big fan of Vanillaware. I used to buy their games on Wii and PS2 and beg my friends to do the same. I'll check this out.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
So I've never actually played Tabletop Simulator, I realize it's like an engine that people use to replicate board games within it to play with other people, but how easy is it to use with other people if I buy the 4-pack for my friends?

Is getting existing boardgames imported into simple enough of a process? Does it replicate rules as well, or is it just sort of a "structure" and we have to know the rules? It seems really cool, especially during quarantine where I can't see people, but I also am friends with people who aren't super savvy with modding and whatnot.

blakiebear1

Jul 13, 2018
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is $13.49. That's the lowest I've seen it so I think I'll bite the bullet.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Here are some retro games that you should def. look into getting if you're interested
store.steampowered.com

Steam Search

Psikyo Shoot'em-ups

store.steampowered.com

Castlevania Anniversary Collection on Steam

Konami's Castlevania Anniversary Collection traces the origins of the historic vampire franchise. Included is a unique eBook with details provided by developers, artists and others inspired by the Castlevania legacy which sheds a fresh light into the world of Castlevania.
store.steampowered.com

Save 80% on Contra Anniversary Collection on Steam

The Contra Anniversary Collection brings this classic Run and Gun franchise back to modern platforms and a new generation of gamers.
store.steampowered.com

Save 80% on Anniversary Collection Arcade Classics on Steam

8 KONAMI arcade classics of the 80s, from Nemesis to TwinBee. Including bonus eBook packed with new information never before revealed to the public.

Various Konami classics

store.steampowered.com

Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle on Steam

Relive the glory days of cooperative arcade games with the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle! This comprehensive collection includes seven classic titles, each with various multiplayer options and online capabilities!

Nice collection of beat'em-ups

For indies, I recommend this fellow's games the'yre short but really nice

Not sure what to spend my points on. I miss the meta games they usually have. Oh well.
Link your steam account to gg.deals, arrange games by historical lowest and by price or discount
Then remove games from your wishlist that you no longer want or need~

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
They removed that feature, I think there is no card this year.

Yeah, there is:
How do the Summer Road Trip Badge and Summer Sale trading cards work?
The Steam Summer Sale trading cards are awarded for purchases made on the Steam store during the sale. You can also earn one card a day by completing your Discovery Queue. Craft those cards to gain levels for the Summer Road Trip Badge. One card is given for approximately $10.00 USD of spend.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I am a big fan of Vanillaware. I used to buy their games on Wii and PS2 and beg my friends to do the same. I'll check this out.

I bought this in a past Steam sale due to YOU lol!
And, i can report the game is fantastic. Like a lost Vanillaware game. If you are into Vanillaware games this one really could be one of theirs. Graphics are super charming, combat is deep, fun, challenging. Lots of customization, good music. I really just enjoyed everything about this game.
OMG I just saw it's $1.59?!!!!!!

BUY THIS GAME EVERYONE!! Holy shit that's an insane price and it's worth way way more. Impulse buy price point everyone should grab it if they have any passing interest in it!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Should I get quantum break or sunset overdrive for $10
Quantum Break is great. Sunset Overdrive is pretty bad.
Any decent JRPGs? Got all the Trails games, Tales games, Persona 4, Agarest, DQ11 (don't really like DQ), .hack, Ni No Kuni, Star Ocean 4, Tokyo Xandadu eX+, and some of the YS games (don't really care for YS either).
Xanadu Next is great.
There are also some dungeon crawlers on Steam like Wizardry and Mary Skelter.
Also check out the Atelier and Neptunia series.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Super disappointed with the sale this year. I can't even find enough things to get up to the 30 threshold. It's all overpriced. I'm just going to get the Portal collection for my wife.

Is anything likely to be added to the sale?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Counter point... Quantum Break is ok, Sunsert Overdrive is really great
I just couldn't get into Sunset Overdrive. The humor was so annoying, the graphical style was shit and the gameplay and controls aren't very good. But I know that a lot of people love that game. I'd rather play Saint's Row 4 again.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know of any good escape room type games other than The Room/Zero Escape? VR preferable but I'll take anything. Even just some puzzle games which have similar puzzles as that.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Miss the days when the summer sale was a race to the bottom and you had lighting deals for over 75% off for newer AAA games...those were the days

Also, Throwback!

edit: Not really sure about that guy's channel, but that old video was funny back in the day.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Ni No Kuni is great. Part 2 is not good.

This is from someone who unreasonably defends Level 5.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
I was hoping Valve would 'incentivize' purchases on the store starting with the Steam Summer Sale. There were rumours of loyalty bonuses but it seems like Valve is content to reward purchases with just cosmetic tokens.

Guess I'll just head to Epic with my $10 discount token. I'm platform-agnostic anyway but Steam always had a soft spot in my heart.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So doing the queue gets you one card, and there's a sticker you can claim too. Are those the only goodies for free each day? Are there any tasks or anything?

Pretty lame. Were too many people selling cards before?

Did anyone get an animated background? I'm curious to see how it looks.

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know of any good escape room type games other than The Room/Zero Escape? VR preferable but I'll take anything. Even just some puzzle games which have similar puzzles as that.

I heard good things about I expect you to Die

store.steampowered.com

Save 36% on I Expect You To Die on Steam

Test your problem-solving skills in this virtual reality escape-the-room puzzle game. Play as a secret agent armed with telekinetic abilities on a mission to stop Zoraxis, an evil corporation with plans for world domination.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
The normal discount on Halo MCC, combined with the extra $5 off a purchase >= $30, is just *chef's kiss*